Could Carolina fall in love with Cam Newton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Could Carolina fall in love with Cam Newton?

This dudes draft stock is going to skyrocket in the next few months. My bet is that he challenges for the #1 pick.

Will be real interesting so see how it shakes out. I think he is a much better prospect than Vince Young was. His in the pocket game is much better at this point imho.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Could Carolina fall in love with Cam Newton?

Yeah, especially if Newton has a dominant title game I doubt if Luck remains the lone unanimous no-brainer.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
      • Aug 2008

This is like comparing Tebow to Sam Bradford.
      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

If he's all that good I don't mind taking him myself.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

A couple months ago... Didn't someone write that the Bills top 2 QB prospects were Luck and Newton. At the time, Newton was thought of as a 2nd/3rd rounder.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BidsJr
            This dudes draft stock is going to skyrocket in the next few months. My bet is that he challenges for the #1 pick.

Will be real interesting so see how it shakes out. I think he is a much better prospect than Vince Young was. His in the pocket game is much better at this point imho.
            The only way Cam Newton gets picked before Luck is if Luck stays at Stanford.

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
              That is an ignorant comparison.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

The more I see Newton play the more I like him and think he will make a good pro.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I don't agree. Newton looks more capable at this point in his career than Vick or Young did. The kid is playing himself into top-5 consideration.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                    I don't agree. Newton looks more capable at this point in his career than Vick or Young did. The kid is playing himself into top-5 consideration.
                    I agree.
                    If he just smashes Oregon and shows some poise in the pocket, i wouldnt mind taking him.
                    Originally posted by OpIv37
                    You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Well...if he wins the Heisman, and is a QB that can run, there is no way he makes it in the pros.

Does Newton really only remind people of Vick and Young? I am sure the answer I get to that question will be Randall Cunningham... What I really mean is, in terms of how he throws the football, is he similar to any QB's that anybody can think of?

I will refine that a little more, and I mean anybody that has a shred of scouting cred and not one of the "shiny new toy QB" advocates.

Comment

• dog14787
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                        Well...if he wins the Heisman, and is a QB that can run, there is no way he makes it in the pros.

Does Newton really only remind people of Vick and Young? I am sure the answer I get to that question will be Randall Cunningham... What I really mean is, in terms of how he throws the football, is he similar to any QB's that anybody can think of?

I will refine that a little more, and I mean anybody that has a shred of scouting cred and not one of the "shiny new toy QB" advocates.
                        Cameron Newton is unique in my opinion, but If you had to compare him to someone, Randall Cunningham is a good comparison.

Newton appears to be more of a physical runner then Vick, Cunningham, or Young and If the Cam is as hard to handle/tackle as Big Ben with good accuracy throwing the ball, the skies the limits.

I could see a team going for Newton over Luck, especially If they have an inexperienced/ suspect O-line. We did a poll here in the zone a few weeks ago and Newton had approx. 17 % of the votes If I remember correctly which may not seem like much, but his stock has been steadily on the rise since then.

Myself personally, Andrew Luck looks to much like Peyton Manning ( the way he takes command of the offense) to take Newton over him, But I would be very excited/ happy If the Bills draft Cam Newton.
                        Last edited by Figster; 12-10-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

bingo... frankly... i would trust Tebow to run an offense more then i'd trust Newton

reasons?

Newton doesn't make any reads at the line
                          Newton doesn't look off his first target
                          Newton doesn't go through progressions.

-He's a more accurate thrower then Tebow was... has a better arm as well, but he's running an offense more basic and simple then many high school offenses right now. Newton isn't close to sophisticated enough to play in the pros at this time (Vick was a VASTLY superior college football player and ran a less basic offense at VT, use that as a point of comparison)
                          Last edited by Ingtar33; 12-10-2010, 09:16 PM.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• T-Long
                            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                            • Sep 2003

I think we all have to appreciate Newton's play this season, but Andrew Luck is a better all around QB, hands down. If Carolina wants a QB and Luck is there, they won't hesitate to pick him....unless, of course, a good ol' Southern boy puts in a call to the Panther War Room...

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                              I think we all have to appreciate Newton's play this season, but Andrew Luck is a better all around QB, hands down. If Carolina wants a QB and Luck is there, they won't hesitate to pick him....unless, of course, a good ol' Southern boy puts in a call to the Panther War Room...
                              lol... not sure about that... but the raiders did take JaMarcus Russell no. 1 overall, and the Chargers did take Ryan Leaf 2nd overall, so it isn't that unreasonable an NFL team will commit team suicide and take Newton no.1
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X