PDA

View Full Version : You play to win the game

Lucky
12-11-2010, 10:05 AM
When it comes to the decision as to whether we lie down and lose the rest of our games or go out and give it our all, I'm reminded of the attached video.

I say you play to win. Always.

http://vimeo.com/8437438

BillsFever21
12-11-2010, 03:51 PM
That's just a fan assumption. I highly doubt you have any actual teams/coaches in their pre-game talk saying "We need to lose these last four games so we can have a better draft pick"

Now some losing teams towards the end of the season will give up and don't care anymore and won't play as hard but it has nothing to do with a team conspiracy to lose. Especially the last four games. I might give you the last game or maybe two but definitely not the last four.

The players want to win. Most players dont have any guarantee they would even be around to reap the rewards of the higher draft position. Plus a higher draft position doesn't guarantee you still don't get the same player you wanted anyway or that he won't be a bust.

I still say we lose at least 3 of these last 4 games. We're not beating the Pats or Jets. We have a chance to win against the Browns and Dolphins and will probably win one of them games.

If we lose all four it's because we were not the better team that day. Not because the team rolled over.

Lucky
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
That's just a fan assumption. I highly doubt you have any actual teams/coaches in their pre-game talk saying "We need to lose these last four games so we can have a better draft pick"

Now some losing teams towards the end of the season will give up and don't care anymore and won't play as hard but it has nothing to do with a team conspiracy to lose. Especially the last four games. I might give you the last game or maybe two but definitely not the last four.

The players want to win. Most players dont have any guarantee they would even be around to reap the rewards of the higher draft position. Plus a higher draft position doesn't guarantee you still don't get the same player you wanted anyway or that he won't be a bust.

I still say we lose at least 3 of these last 4 games. We're not beating the Pats or Jets. We have a chance to win against the Browns and Dolphins and will probably win one of them games.

If we lose all four it's because we were not the better team that day. Not because the team rolled over.

Agreed. There seems to be a contingnet of our fans who are hoping we would lose out only to get a higher draft pick. I say that's bunk. You play to win. Always. Hats off to the team today for fighting it out for a win over the Browns.

TMu11
12-13-2010, 07:37 AM

What benefits does a veteran get from a higher draft pick? An 18 year old that makes double/triple their salary? These players are NOT going to roll over to give some hotshot a chance at their job. They want to win

Lucky
12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Any discussion of our team rolling over and playing dead for the rest of the season is just plain dumb.

Luisito23
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I hope we destroy the Jets!!! :maggie:

Beebe's Kid
12-13-2010, 11:02 AM

If we have guys that don't want to try, we have players that need immediately replaced. We pay them millions of dollars for their service...if they don't want to provide their service, we shouldn't have to pay. I pay for my tickets in March...it's all upfront. I don't get money back because some guy decided to mail it in. All effort all the time, or let them go play for Dallas.

Extremebillsfan247
12-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Your Head Coach's job is to prepare his team to win football games . There is plenty of time in the off season for the HC to worry about the draft. His head should never be in that frame of thought during the regular season. If he is thinking about the draft when the season is still live, he shouldn't be coaching here. If the players are laying down during games, that is the fault of the HC who isn't doing his job to prepare them for a football game that they are being paid to play. The point is, laying down because of a losing record is inexcusable. JMO

Lucky
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Your Head Coach's job is to prepare his team to win football games . There is plenty of time in the off season for the HC to worry about the draft. His head should never be in that frame of thought during the regular season. If he is thinking about the draft when the season is still live, he shouldn't be coaching here. If the players are laying down during games, that is the fault of the HC who isn't doing his job to prepare them for a football game that they are being paid to play. The point is, laying down because of a losing record is inexcusable. JMO

Exactly correct.