PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2k11 for the iPhone

OpIv37
12-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Is pretty solid entertainment. It was only .99 and I lliked the demo so I d/l'd it. As far as iPhone games go, it's damn good.

The only real problems I have with it is that it was hard to figure out how to save a season and sometimes my huge ass hands block too much of the screen. But the resolution is good, the gameplay is smooth and it has roster updates.

I know most of you prefer the EA platform games, but I'm definitely gonna check out the 2k11 PS3 demo when I get home.

JD
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Is pretty solid entertainment. It was only .99 and I lliked the demo so I d/l'd it. As far as iPhone games go, it's damn good.

The only real problems I have with it is that it was hard to figure out how to save a season and sometimes my huge ass hands block too much of the screen. But the resolution is good, the gameplay is smooth and it has roster updates.

I know most of you prefer the EA platform games, but I'm definitely gonna check out the 2k11 PS3 demo when I get home.

Seen it in a commercial, looks fun. I haven't owned an actual system since I was 14 so the only games I'm able to play are on my iTouch.. makes for a lot of fun on the go :up:

G Wolly
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I downloaded the demo on my ipod touch the other day.

I didn't play a full game, I used the open skate mode.

Deleted it.

SkateZilla
12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
there is no 2k11 for PS3/360.
2k Scrapped the entire team for 360/PS3 and started a 2 year dev cycle to better compete with EAs title.

2K11 was out on Wii and Mobile

hydro
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
2k Scrapped the entire team for 360/PS3 and started a 2 year dev cycle to better compete with EAs title.

EA scrapped the NCAA Basketball game too which surprised me. I guess their sales just weren't there.

OpIv37
12-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Damn- maybe I'll just wait tim next year. Thanks for the info.

JD
12-14-2010, 12:12 AM
I liked Blitz by 2k sports.. Idk, it made it more exciting in my opinion.

Anyone remember Mutant League Hockey/Football?

:jig:

BlackMetalNinja
12-14-2010, 07:28 AM
EA scrapped the NCAA Basketball game too which surprised me. I guess their sales just weren't there.That had already been scrapped, and then at the last minute they ditched their NBA game right before release too. They realized they were turning out lousy basketball games and 2K had them beat every which way in that department.

The King
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I got this based on Ops suggestion, meh.

The flat screen directional pad is way to hard to use.

OpIv37
12-20-2010, 01:05 PM
I got this based on Ops suggestion, meh.

The flat screen directional pad is way to hard to use.

I actually thought it was easier to use than on other games I've played but I still have problems with it from time to time.

For .99, I still thought it was worthwhile.

The only thing I still can't figure out is how to change on the fly. The computer does it but I don't know how to do it- I can only change at a face off.

The King
12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
I actually thought it was easier to use than on other games I've played but I still have problems with it from time to time.

For .99, I still thought it was worthwhile.

The only thing I still can't figure out is how to change on the fly. The computer does it but I don't know how to do it- I can only change at a face off.

Yea for 99 its fine. You mean line changes? I couldnt figure that out either