PDA

View Full Version : Linus Omark (shootout hilite)

northernbillfan
12-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Did anyone catch his dipsy doodle move on Friday night in the shootout?

He did a spin around at centre ice as he skated with the puck and proceeded to score the winner.

Do you think this is over the line for shootouts? IMO, this is just what the shoot out needs; controversy as there are still some people who thinks this doesn't belong in hockey. I think this kind of move is just fine. He proves that the shootout is just an entertaining way to end a deadlocked game. The league introduced the shootout to give the fans some excitement to the game, and of course the extra point to the eventual winner, and someone like Omark steps up and takes it to the next level.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBdO66187Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBdO66187Os?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

northernbillfan
12-12-2010, 01:29 AM
And there was this gem from Europe:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwI8o1d0cTE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwI8o1d0cTE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

YardRat
12-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Kudos to him. Hell yeah, it's acceptable.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Not so sure what is so questionable or great about the first goal.

DMBcrew36
12-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Not so sure what is so questionable or great about the first goal.

Yea it's just transition skating... i dunno what the hype is about

northernbillfan
12-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Not so sure what is so questionable or great about the first goal.I asked about this here becuase it seems like the Lightning players are upset. They are saying there is no place in hockey for showboating like that.

TrEd FTW
12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Not nearly as impressive as it has been made out to be. The spinorama had no real effect on anything; he did it at the blue line.

And the Lightning need to grow a pair. Marty St. Louis is known for his shootout dangles. If you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it.

OpIv37
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I hate shootouts as a general rule, but if they are going to allow them, I have no problem with this. The goal is to score- as long as the hotshot stuff doesnt result in a miss, it makes it more exciting.

Plus, as an opponent of the shootout, this proves why I am against it. The shootout isn't hockey- it's a skills competition. If we are going to decide games bu a skills competition, the least they can do is make it exciting.

northernbillfan
12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
How would this conversation be if he had not scored?

Omark would be a goat this weekend.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I asked about this here becuase it seems like the Lightning players are upset. They are saying there is no place in hockey for showboating like that.

That is kind of silly, it wasn't like he did it after he scored. Stop that goal and they wouldn't say that.

JD
12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
It was showboating more than anything. I don't like that the shootout gives a full extra point to the winning team. The whole point system should be re-done.

2 points for winning in regulation
1 point for a OT win
0 points for losing, period.

It shouldn't be a reward that you couldn't beat a team in regulation. Some teams just play defense when its a tie in hopes they win it in OT. If you make a regulation win more important, it makes the game more exciting.

TMu11
12-13-2010, 07:20 AM
I have no problem with it. If anything it makes it more exciting.

Just like a TD celebration. Some are good, some are taken too far. In all, it adds to the game.

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 07:38 AM
This just further proves what a douchebag Dan Ellis is.

SkateZilla
12-13-2010, 09:40 AM
because in the shootout, penalty shot rules apply, and I guess TB is saying the puck didn't maintain forward motion or some bs , blah, blah, blah, it always happens when a goalie looks stupid, marek malik did it a few years back, Datsuk does it pretty much on a every other attempt basis out west.

the blunt rules for both sides is: To Score.

So if you have to do a lil spin-o-rama at the blue line, do it. i dont see how a spin-o-rama a the blue line is gonna get the goalie out of position, but hey, gotta whine about something, i dont see him whining about how he almost dropped his jock on the fake shot / stutter shot that actually got him out of position.

jamze132
12-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Screw the points, ties, and shoot outs.

Everygame has a winner and a loser.

THATHURMANATOR
12-14-2010, 10:25 AM
I don't even see what the point of the spin around was. Had no affect on anything.

Buffalogic
12-15-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't even see what the point of the spin around was. Had no affect on anything.Ya the spin move that far away was totally gay and over the top.

Nighthawk
12-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Yea it's just transition skating... i dunno what the hype is about

For one thing, it really is no big deal...

The problem is that the goalie let that crap in...he should be embarrassed.

However, that second goal was pretty sweet...

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Grabovski's spin move in the shoot out vs Washington was 100000x better than that one.

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
for hockey to grow, they need some personalities. they need something grabbing the headlines of an 82 game season other than a deathblow with a high stick or hit from behind.

i like the shootouts. the old extra five minutes of neutral zone passing was boring. the 4-4 and the shootout is something different. especially for the ticket paying consumer. you're leaving the place having seen something. especially in oct novemberwhen players are taking shifts off and what not.

RockStar36
12-15-2010, 01:13 PM
I like not having a tie, but I hate that a skills competition settles a 65 minute game of actual hockey.

JD
12-15-2010, 01:41 PM
I like not having a tie, but I hate that a skills competition settles a 65 minute game of actual hockey.

It's a joke that OT is 5 minutes long. 10 minutes would be quaint. :dancers:

SabreEleven
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
They should go to 2 points for regulation win and 1 point for OT or shootout win. 0 points for losing, period.

SabreEleven
12-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Or even 2 points for OT win with 1 for shootout win.

northernbillfan
12-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Grabovski's spin move in the shoot out vs Washington was 100000x better than that one.I didn't say it was spectacular or anything, I was just bringing up the controversy surrounding the spin move.

Didn't know Grabovski did one too. Was that this year?