• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

1 reason Buffalo shouldn't get a dome

The game, originally scheduled to kick off at noon CT on Sunday, was postponed on the recommendation of Metrodome officials after the Minneapolis-St. Paul area remained under a winter storm warning, with more than 16 inches of snow reported at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport by 9 p.m. CT on Saturday evening.
    Stadium officials there turned up the heat inside the dome to 95 degrees Saturday afternoon, hoping to hasten the snow removal efforts. But the plan failed.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: 1 reason Buffalo shouldn't get a dome

No football team should have a dome. Game was made to be played in the weather

Comment

• DMBcrew36
      • Feb 2005

It's about accomodating the big money. A lot of people don't want to sit in the cold/elements, and won't pay to do so.

Comment

• scartown
        • Dec 2008

The roof has collapsed

Wonder where the game will be played now.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

There's a short video to the right.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Thou shall not play football in a dome.......
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by scartown
              The roof has collapsed

Wonder where the game will be played now.
              " L.A. would like to welcome our new Viking football squad ! "
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Personally Id like a retractable dome. Not for football but for winter events to bring in additional money... Maybe even to bring back the Braves.

Anyone know what the rules are for deciding whether the dome stays open or closed and when you have to let the opposing team know?

If I were Ralph and the Fins were headed here in bad weather, I would leave that baby open.

Comment

• Dujek
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Night Train
                  The very first thing I thought was, "That's the Vikings one step closer to LA"

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Found them:

Learn how to do just about everything at ehow. Find expert advice along with How To videos and articles, including instructions on how to make, cook, grow, or do almost anything.

90 minutes before the game. The requirement is that the team has decide by then. In Buffalo this could be a competitive advantage.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                      Unfortunately, this might provide momentum to the folks trying to get a new stadium in the Twin Cities.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by X-Era
                        Personally Id like a retractable dome. Not for football but for winter events to bring in additional money... Maybe even to bring back the Braves.

Anyone know what the rules are for deciding whether the dome stays open or closed and when you have to let the opposing team know?

If I were Ralph and the Fins were headed here in bad weather, I would leave that baby open.
                        The problem with that is the 800 million dollar building is then filled with snow.

A retractable roof would never be left open to let the weather in.

Football outside is just how it should be.

I love how everything is supposed to be designed to attract the "big money." Meanwhile, the unwashed masses like myself keep spending a ton of money on a game that keeps trying to drive home how unimportant we are.

The biggest issue about a new stadium, for me, is PSL's. I am have a fundamental opposition to the whole idea. I'd almost undoubtedly do it, but it is ****ing ridiculous. I am all for a little love to the Ralph, and let's go another 20 years there. If they build some domed Mecca, I would like to see how long it takes for those of us that toto every game, to feel out of place. Football in Buffalo at 70 degrees in December?? No thanks.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Yeah but wouldn't it be adding extra cost for a dome that has drainage for melting snow and rain ?

Edit: Just saw Beebe's reply he beat me to it
                          Last edited by Billz_fan; 12-12-2010, 09:25 AM.
                          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                            The problem with that is the 800 million dollar building is then filled with snow.

A retractable roof would never be left open to let the weather in.

Football outside is just how it should be.

I love how everything is supposed to be designed to attract the "big money." Meanwhile, the unwashed masses like myself keep spending a ton of money on a game that keeps trying to drive home how unimportant we are.

The biggest issue about a new stadium, for me, is PSL's. I am have a fundamental opposition to the whole idea. I'd almost undoubtedly do it, but it is ****ing ridiculous. I am all for a little love to the Ralph, and let's go another 20 years there. If they build some domed Mecca, I would like to see how long it takes for those of us that toto every game, to feel out of place. Football in Buffalo at 70 degrees in December?? No thanks.
                            So an outdoor facility cant be made retractable by just adding a roof? I mean the current stadium can handle snow but a new one couldn't?

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

This area can't handle two professional teams anymore let alone adding a third back into the mix. Barring any massive economic boom, we're lucky to hang on to what we've got.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X