Per ESPN: Andrew Luck will return to school if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Per ESPN: Andrew Luck will return to school if...

his coach Jim Harbaugh stays on as coach. This is something I feared with the CBA uncertainty. If Luck doesnt declare we could see a rather low turnout of top level juniors.

No link as of yet.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Buddo
    • Mar 2007

Re: Per ESPN: Andrew Luck will return to school if...

Originally posted by DraftBoy
    his coach Jim Harbaugh stays on as coach. This is something I feared with the CBA uncertainty. If Luck doesnt declare we could see a rather low turnout of top level juniors.

No link as of yet.
    TBH, I think next year's FA could be as important as the draft. There will be an awful lot of guys available, who ended up as RFAs when the previous CBA was cancelled.

I also am unconvinced that the Bills will be in a position to draft Luck regardless.

I think there's still a long way to go yet,but in respect of kids declaring early, they obviously need to get a clearer idea of what will be happening regarding any possible rookie wage caps.
    My gut feeling is that if a new CBA is put into place, this year will see the last of the obscene rookie deals. In which case, Luck may feel 'forced' to enter, irrespective of what Harbaugh does.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

No link as of yet.
      It was posted in the other thread.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone and I think Luck will almost certainly declare because of it. I think it's better than 60% that this happens.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
        • Jan 2010

if this is true than Im happy we won't have the first pick

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
          It was posted in the other thread.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone and I think Luck will almost certainly declare because of it. I think it's better than 60% that this happens.
          To where though? Harbaugh has apparently made it clear he isnt leaving Stanford for anything but a pro job. Denver may come calling, but Im not sold on that.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

To where though? Harbaugh has apparently made it clear he isnt leaving Stanford for anything but a pro job. Denver may come calling, but Im not sold on that.
            There's 'talk' of Carolina, which could be attractive to him, as they might also have the #1 pick, and he can re-unite himself with Luck under those circumstances.

While there has been lots of talk that the job that Cowher is waiting for, is the Panthers one, he's also very close to the people who own the Giants, and that may be the job he's after ultimately.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

I haven't heard that. I think if Mich opens up he will take it. And, he's the top college guy in the HC search. Teams will come his way, I have no doubt.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Here's Herbs take on it:

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

I think we both agree though that the Harbaugh situation is the key to whether Luck comes out or not.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                    Will not tolerate vandalism.
                    • Apr 2006

I think Andrew, for the sake of his own career and development (both mental and physical), should stay one more year regardless.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                      I think Andrew, for the sake of his own career and development (both mental and physical), should stay one more year regardless.
                      I'm not sure he would benefit that much from going back under a whole new HC and new offensive scheme. The Pac 10 is not a weak conference. He may do it for his degree, but he may be on track to finish early anyways.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

If there is any question that this will be the last uncapped rookie season you can bet the farm that Luck will be coming out. No matter what Harbaugh does, no matter how much he likes school, no matter how much he likes Engineering. He will never be able to make up the 30 million he will lose by being the first #1 pick under a rookie cap.
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

If this drags on too much longer (and I mean by the end of this month when I say that) there will have to be some kind of agreement regarding this year's draft and it will probably consist of no rookie cap for this year's draft. Declaration day is January 14th, I believe, so to be fair to this season's crop of underclassmen they'll have to have some kind of certainty for the draft.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                            If this drags on too much longer (and I mean by the end of this month when I say that) there will have to be some kind of agreement regarding this year's draft and it will probably consist of no rookie cap for this year's draft. Declaration day is January 14th, I believe, so to be fair to this season's crop of underclassmen they'll have to have some kind of certainty for the draft.
                            Pretty sure it's the 15th. The other date to look at is March 1st. End of the current CBA and the start of free agency. That means these guys have to decide way before the CBA ends and FA starts. That also means teams will know who's there well before they have to decide what to go after in FA vs. the draft.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I was just going by this...

YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X