• Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Kelly's and Ferragamo's - Buffalo 13 Cleveland 6

Nice, gritty win.

Kelly's-

The o-line, without a doubt. Shuffled, hurt, and almost ground out 200 yards rushing. Dominated late.

The entire defense. Two nice red zone stands, and really sucked it up for most of the game after the first drive.

Freddie Jackson - He's a beast.

Ferragamo's-

I'm not handing any out...Good team victory.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Kelly's and Ferragamo's - Buffalo 13 Cleveland 6

Kelly's - Moats, Leo, Fred.

Ferragamos- Corto is the only one I can think of.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Moats is going to be a very nice player for this team....
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

Corto blows chunks.

Comment

• psubills62
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2008

Moats has been pretty good this season. Hope he can build on that this offseason.
          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mush69
            • Jan 2003

Just past the halfway of this season I could see Moats was getting closer. He is in Fine form for the second half and we will see his number being called again.

Poz on the other hand has just been flying to the ball! I hope he stays healthy because that has been the only thing holding him back.

Cheers to an overall good performance by the Team today!

Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
              • Apr 2005

Best stiff arm by a nose tackle goes to........

Kyle Williams ( fumble recovery) . definitely a high lite !

Zero tackles or sacks , but a heads up play.

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Dujek
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2008

Kellys: Moats, Scott, Poz, Byrd (forced 2 fumbles, only one of them was recovered by the Bills), Fred, the entire o-line, Fitz (for his running)

Ferragamo's: Corto

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Ferragamo goes to George Edwards just because I don't want him as the DC any longer.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Ferragamo goes to George Edwards just because I don't want him as the DC any longer.
                    This is an odd statement after yesterday. I guess it's a bit off-base considering the continued improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

This reminds me of the guy two rows down that says, after an incomplete pass, "Jake Locker would have made that throw." Just because that drum was once popular, you don't have to keep beating it.

It would appear that when people said "It is going to take some time to transition the D," that it is going to take some time to transition the D. They seem to be getting better, despite losing players. Give this team another year, add a few more studs and I think it will be fine.

When it comes to awards, I am going to go old school and only give one of each.

Kelly: Byrd. He has been playing well, and it was good to see him force the two fumbles. I think he has been playing well since recovering from surgery. It would be nice to see some of those picks again. The picks are sexy, and show up on the football card, but they aren't everything. I questioned his other abilities, but he looks good.

Ferragamo: I hate to have to give one out, but Corto is the guy. Hate to harp on the local boy done good, but come the **** on. All he does is special teams. Making stupid decisions and bad penalties will get you that real estate license quick.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      This is an odd statement after yesterday. I guess it's a bit off-base considering the continued improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

This reminds me of the guy two rows down that says, after an incomplete pass, "Jake Locker would have made that throw." Just because that drum was once popular, you don't have to keep beating it.

It would appear that when people said "It is going to take some time to transition the D," that it is going to take some time to transition the D. They seem to be getting better, despite losing players. Give this team another year, add a few more studs and I think it will be fine.

When it comes to awards, I am going to go old school and only give one of each.

Kelly: Byrd. He has been playing well, and it was good to see him force the two fumbles. I think he has been playing well since recovering from surgery. It would be nice to see some of those picks again. The picks are sexy, and show up on the football card, but they aren't everything. I questioned his other abilities, but he looks good.

Ferragamo: I hate to have to give one out, but Corto is the guy. Hate to harp on the local boy done good, but come the **** on. All he does is special teams. Making stupid decisions and bad penalties will get you that real estate license quick.
                      Whats odd about having one of the absolute worst defenses in the NFL? Whats odd about having THE worst run defense in the NFL?

So his defense played pretty good against the ****ing Browns led by friggin' Jake Delohmme and an incompetent gameplan from their coaches? They did the same thing KC did and it almost cost them. There was absolutely no reason for any team to pass at all on us but they decided to get cute and it cost the Browns. Yes, George Edwards is still the weak link. But he looked good last week against the Vikes, eh?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                        Whats odd about having one of the absolute worst defenses in the NFL? Whats odd about having THE worst run defense in the NFL?

So his defense played pretty good against the ****ing Browns led by friggin' Jake Delohmme and an incompetent gameplan from their coaches? They did the same thing KC did and it almost cost them. There was absolutely no reason for any team to pass at all on us but they decided to get cute and it cost the Browns. Yes, George Edwards is still the weak link. But he looked good last week against the Vikes, eh?

Not to defend Edwards, but the weakest link is the talent (or lack thereof) on the front 7 currently.

Besides Poz and Williams, I am not sure any are actual NFL starting caliber players at this time. (Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Kelsay, Aoydele, Moats).
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                          Not to defend Edwards, but the weakest link is the talent (or lack thereof) on the front 7 currently.

Besides Poz and Williams, I am not sure any are actual NFL starting caliber players at this time. (Stroud, Spencer Johnson, Kelsay, Aoydele, Moats).
                          Yeah the talent level sucks, but back to Edwards. He couldn't spell "blitz" before the bye week.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

edwards does come out with better second half adjustments. even in this game, they got run on in that first drive. all the press read the same thing. "we didn't see those formations in film. Once we saw what happened after the first drive, we fixed it."

And they did...without talent. i don't think edwards has performed like a miracle worker, but he has done enough with a bad team to get a chance to do it again with a defense loaded draft coming.

Kelly - no one. no one really played lights out. They played just good enough against a bad team overall. no one embarassed themselves out there. as frustrated as i was with mckelvin the last couple weeks, he finally had a decent game.

Comment

Working...
                            X