PDA

View Full Version : Obeservations from the game - Bills finally beat the Browns!!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-12-2010, 07:04 PM
1. Nice job meteorologists. Your dire predictions of catastrophic weather were completely unfounded. Sure it rained. The snow and sleet never arrived. And event he rain subsided at halftime.

2. After the first series, the Bills defense was fantastic. Whatever adjustments George Edwards and the coaches made, they worked. Hillis rushed for 108 yards. 49 were on the first drive.

3. Fred Jackson is a tough RB. He got the yards when the Bills most badly needed them.

4. Gailey took what he given to him on offense. Nothing fancy, but it worked.

5. Lee Evans was missed. Bash him for his lack of production. But he does add an element to this team that was badly missing today. His absence made it more difficult for the entire passing game.

6. Evans is also developing into a decent blocker.

7. Corey McIntyre had an off game. He missed blocks and did not have his big hits.

8. For the problems, the Bills have had with TEs, Ben Watson today had one catch for 8 yards. That was his second least productive game this season.

9. Kudos to McKelvin - two big plays in a row.

10. Moats is a nice pass rusher. His sack-fumble came playing against Joe Thomas.

11. Whitner was pretty solid again. I know some do not like to give him any credit, but he is having a damn good season.

12. Under Armour is awesome for keeping one warm. While it was not bitter, I was not cold at all. I suggest that people who go to these games, purchase UA. It is better than long Johns

13. Fitz's running was key today.

14. For the last 2-3 seasons, this was a game this team would have found a way to lose. They did not.

15. Nice to see adjustments help this team win. Jauron would be livid.

16. Good challenge by Gailey. But bad call by the ref. It very well could have been a TD.

17. I had no problem with the FG call. Take the points to get a 7 point lead. Yes, even failing wold have stuck the Browns at the 1. But you take the points.

18. Coverage units were good.

19. Corto's one penalty was a bad call. But how the hell do you have a false start as a gunner on a punt? You wait to see the ball get snapped!!

20. Nice job by Bell to move twice when the Browns jumped. Take the cheap 5 yards anytime.

All in all, it is always nice to win. The Bills are now at 3 wins - which was my prediction. Will they win again?

Mr. Miyagi
12-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Great summary.

Also I had no problem with the 4th and 2 going for it in the 1st quarter, even though we didn't make it. Gailey sent the team a message that he's playing to win instead of not to lose.

I heart Chan.

Captain gameboy
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
It would have been tough with a degree or two difference.

Impossible to predict that.

Otherwise, no problem with your post.

psubills62
12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
All very good points.

BertSquirtgum
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
under armour won't save you, i feel a cold coming for you.

TigerJ
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I think there is at least a chance Buffalo takes either the Miami or the Jets game. That's not a prediction, but it wouldn't shock me. Miami is 1-5 at home. This season they are much better as the visiting team than the home team. The Jets are having plenty of problems the last two games. The Patriots look like a juggernaut at the moment.