PDA

View Full Version : Is David Nelson filling the TE role?

PromoTheRobot
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
We say we don't have a pass-catching TE but to me it looks like WR David Nelson is being lined up like a TE on some plays. Thoughts?

PTR

tampabay25690
12-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Well anytime you can make a mtachup problem you do it.
David Nelson probably runs the best routes on this team.....
Doesnt have great speed at all but does everything else very well....
So yea I guess he is used wehere the TE would line up at times...

YardRat
12-13-2010, 05:22 AM
I haven't noticed him with his hand on the ground.

X-Era
12-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Were running 4 wides more.

PromoTheRobot
12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Even if he is not in a 3pt stance I do think Nelson is providing the outlet to Fitz like a TE.

PTR

Figster
12-13-2010, 08:13 AM
We say we don't have a pass-catching TE but to me it looks like WR David Nelson is being lined up like a TE on some plays. Thoughts?

PTR

At 6'-5", 217 lbs. David Nelson is a big body with good hands and If he could gain about 20 lbs the TE position may bode well for Nelson. The guy doesn't have blazing speed for a WR but catches anything thrown at him so switching to TE makes sense, especially with Roscoe coming back next season and the emergence of Marcus Easley.

Jonathan Stupar also had a good game (has great hands) with 3 catches for 45 yards.

Implementing the TE position in the passing game more will improve the Bills offense.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Are you sure that wasn't Shawn Nelson?

BidsJr
12-13-2010, 08:45 AM
I haven't noticed him with his hand on the ground.

He never has his hand on the ground.

No he is not being used as a tight end.

No he is not going to gain 20 pounds and be a tight end either.

hydro
12-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Are you sure that wasn't Shawn Nelson?

He was inactive against the Browns.

Mahdi
12-13-2010, 09:21 AM

PTR
He's lining up in the slot in spread formations. I wouldn't say he is being used as a TE.

Extremebillsfan247
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM

PTRHe is more or less filling the role that Hardy was suppose to fill, the big target receiver on 3rd and longs, or redzone packages.

kingJofNYC
12-13-2010, 11:57 AM
On another message board I described him as essentially a flexed TE. He usually lines up tight on the Trips side of a 4 wide set.

ParanoidAndroid
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
He's running routes that a TE might for another team, like down the middle of the field near the redzone. He has the height to pull it off. So he might be partially filling the role, but he'll never be tasked with blocking like a TE.

Beebe's Kid
12-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Chandler is going to be our TE. He saw quite a bit of PT, considering he just got here.

By the way..the dude is a ****ing monster. I like what I read about him. Touted as a good blocker. No NFL catches, but he was a receiver at one point, and caught a lot of TD's at Iowa.

HAMMER
12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Slot receiver is not a TE.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Chandler is going to be our TE. He saw quite a bit of PT, considering he just got here.

By the way..the dude is a ****ing monster. I like what I read about him. Touted as a good blocker. No NFL catches, but he was a receiver at one point, and caught a lot of TD's at Iowa.

Let's hope so.

Yeah and just because David Nelson is a 6-5 WR does not mean he can play TE. Does this mean a short TE can be a WR?:penalty:

Thief
12-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Let's hope so.

Yeah and just because David Nelson is a 6-5 WR does not mean he can play TE. Does this mean a short TE can be a WR?:penalty:Yes, just ask Hines Ward.

:couch:

TigerJ
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't think you need to describe him as filling a tight end role. He's a pure possession receiver, but you can have a possession receiver and a tight end. He's obviously not going to block like a tight end, and it would still be desirable to have the tight end play an imortant role in addition to what Nelson is doing. Stupar did that Sunday, by the way.