Something all bills fans should be paying attention to!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackey789
    • Jul 2002

Something all bills fans should be paying attention to!!

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Today the House of Represenatives voted to permanately end the estate tax. This is a very important issue due to the fact that if Ralph Wilson dies, and the estate tax is still in place, his family will have a difficult time paying it. If the estate tax is taken away, his family will have a MUCH MUCH easier time keeping this team in their name. Lets hope is it abolished! It's a very important issue that we should all be paying attention to.
  • Doc
    • Dec 2002

I heard the Senate isn't likely to pass it.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

not to worry. I'm going to buy it. I'll have plenty of zbs by then.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

The estate tax needs to be repealed.. If I remember correct (I wrote about this in an economics class), estate taxes kick in for value of all your goods over $600,000. That means if you toil your whole life, own a $200,000 house, and have $400,000 saved up/life insurance when you die you're considered rich and the government takes half. The $600,000 hasn't increased since 1976. $600,000 was a lot more then than it is now...
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

its double taxation...you pay tax on what you earn, and then when you die your family has to pay taxes on what you still have. Its terrible.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

Comment

• Wys Guy
              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
              • Jul 2002

People U.S. Senate/Gov't.
              Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

The so called "death tax" is one of the most unfair burdens ever imposed by our government. Each year, many small, family owned businesses must be sold - rather than passed on to the next generation - because the owner dies and the heirs cannot pay the rapacious estate taxes.

If not repealed, the death tax will make it very difficult for the Wilson family to retain the team when Ralph passes.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                  • Jul 2002

The problem is if it passes, I don't think it will be available for several years.
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

I agree. There probably are not enough conservative votes in the Senate to repeal it.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Ralph will be kept alive by computers until the law takes effect.

Then one of his handsome daughters will take over.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        Then one of his handsome daughters will take over.
                        what?? are you drunk already?? handsome?? isn't that a trait that describes a man??...oh, now I get it...nevermind

seriously, the threshold needs to be increased...the tax was enacted to prevent the development of an aristocracy...Bill Gates kids don't need $40 Billion...even he says that. A good threshold would be $25 million.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Maybe the family will do an ongoing Weekend At Bernies kind of thing with him.

Comment

• Stewie
                            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                            • Aug 2002

I dont think you can put a flat number value on it.. Thats what got us to this spot in the first place...

They need to start at a reasonable number (Like 5 million) and then index it to inflation.
                            Originally posted by Topdog
                            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                            I love Weiner.
                            also cheese

Comment

• lordofgun
                              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

How about just eliminating it? There's a novel concept.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

Working...
                              X