PDA

View Full Version : isn't clothes-lining a player a penalty?

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Whitner got taken out in the back of the endzone and the ball wasn't even close to being catchable. Shouldn't that have been a penalty on the browns? Wasn't that kind of a vicious play?

Does anyone remember the play i'm talking about?

Dr. Lecter
12-13-2010, 09:00 AM
I do.Whitner said something to the official, but no flag was thrown and the ref seem disinterested.

It will be interesting to see if the NFL does anything about it.

elltrain22
12-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I remember that play, and thought they should've been flagged 15 yds. I thought the refs did a piss poor job yesterday.

Dujek
12-13-2010, 09:04 AM
If a defensive player had done the same thing it would have definitely been PI.

Then again, if McKelvin had gone through Rice the way Rice went through him it would have been called PI as well.

Calls will favour the offense as much as possible, because that's what the NFL wants to see.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 09:05 AM
The officiating was horrible yesterday. Once again they blew the whistle way too early on our defensive fumble recovery play, which would have resulted in a defensive TD for us.

I hope Chan and Buddy raise some serious hell with the league. It has been like this all season long for us. WTF.

Beebe's Kid
12-13-2010, 09:09 AM
That play was clearly Whitner and Poz's fault.

Just kidding. It was bull****. There was a lot of missed calls out there. I wasn't sure the refs had flags on them for a good portion of the game.

I don't like pissing and moaning about the refs, but what is going on? I realize that at 2-10, now 3-10, we aren't going to get all of the calls, but the refs are getting asinine. I actually don't even think it is all the refs, there is a big problem with not having clear cut rules.

The clothesline was bad on every level, but the missed fumble on the Browns WR, right before McKelvin's interception, was bad...I am unclear on "football move," but I am pretty sure I have seen two in the last two games, along with subsequent fumbles, that were called incomplete.

The reason I am unclear on "football move," is because the league is apparently unclear on it, as well.

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 09:18 AM
i thought the officiating was weak as well. there were a number of times when delhomme moved in the pocket and bills defenders were having their jersey's pulled. i don't think there was a single holding call made. One time, kelsay got held from making a play and the ref was right there.

but my point was more of a safety concern. I thought it was on the same line as a shot to the head. Whitner isn't even looking for it. it was tracking the ball. i hope that guy gets fined.

but as we all know, if you ain't the QB named Brady, you don't get the calls.

madness
12-13-2010, 09:35 AM
I actually credit it for what seemed to be the defense's awaking after that point. The D was upset over a lot of calls/non-calls and it looked like they finally started taking it out on the Browns as the were some pretty aggressive hits going on.

If only they could play like that every week.