PDA

View Full Version : As of right now, the Bills are picking...

T-Long
12-13-2010, 10:26 AM
5th overall. Give me your top 5 selections!

1. Carolina: QB Andrew Luck Stanford

2. Cincinnati: WR A.J. Green Georgia

3. Denver: QB Cam Newton Auburn

4. Detroit: CB Patrick Petersen LSU

5. Buffalo: DE Da'Quan Bowers Clemson

Explanations:

1. BPA for Carolina and should be the #1 pick for any of those teams besides Detroit.

2. Cincy needs a new younger WR and Green is that guy. T.O. will be gone and Ochocinco will be gone soon as well.

3. Surprise pick for Denver, but they will have a brand new staff that will want their guy. Orton and Tebow are not the answer long term, so they go with the Heisman winner.

4. Detroit is very excited to get the top corner in the draft. They've needed one for a long time and they get it with Petersen.

5. Bowers is the best defensive lineman (IMO) in the draft and the Bills get a steal at pick 5 for him. He is exactly the pass rusher the Bills are looking for.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-13-2010, 10:30 AM
No way denver goes QB, after spending a boatload to get Tebow

bigbry
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Buffalo will trade out to save dough.

we are
12-13-2010, 10:34 AM
I like me some Nick Fairley

DraftBoy
12-13-2010, 10:59 AM
My top 5:
1. QB Andrew Luck
2. WR AJ Green
3. CB Patrick Peterson
4. DE Marcel Dareus
5. DE Da'Quan Bowers

Without Luck:
1. WR AJ Green
2. CB Patrick Peterson
3. DE Marcel Dareus
4. DE Da'Quan Bowers
5. DE Adrian Clayborn/Cameron Heyward

DynaPaul
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If no QB is available I'd go defense excluding the secondary or O-line.

psubills62
12-13-2010, 11:00 AM
If Luck doesn't come out, the top choice will be a VERY difficult one for Carolina.

1. Carolina - Luck (assuming he enters the draft)
2. Cincinnati - Bowers
3. Denver - Peterson
4. Detroit - Amukamara
5. Buffalo - AJ Green

Explanation:
1. Obvious. Carolina takes BPA. I think if Luck is not there, they possibly reach for Mallett, or they'll take Green or Bowers.

2. Cincinnati could use a pass rush. Don't need a WR, don't really need a CB.

3. Denver has tons of WR's. Champ Bailey is almost certainly leaving after this year, and they need a top CB. They also need help on DL and LB, but without knowing who the coaching staff will be, Peterson is the safer pick here.

4. Detroit could use Green, but I'm sure the current regime is aware of the complaints about the Millen era. They need a top CB, and while Amukamara is a bit of a reach, it's necessary.

5. Buffalo needs a WR. We've got a number of guys who have stepped up, but we still need that do-it-all stud. At this point, Green is the BPA.

T-Long
12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
That was a different regime that took Tebow. Granted, the decision makers are still there, but I can't see them passing on Newton. His stock is going to rise even higher once he does combine and personal workouts.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM
5. Buffalo needs a WR. We've got a number of guys who have stepped up, but we still need that do-it-all stud. At this point, Green is the BPA.
What?? Totally off base.

Evans isn't going anywhere. His salary is so low in the coming years it makes no sense to get rid of him, especially when he still have a ton left in the tank.

With Evans, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson, Jones, and even Easley, WR is the last thing we'll need when we have a ton of holes to fill on defense.

If Luck doesn't fall to us by some miracle, we go defense for SURE.

T-Long
12-13-2010, 11:15 AM
If Luck doesn't come out, the top choice will be a VERY difficult one for Carolina.

1. Carolina - Luck (assuming he enters the draft)
2. Cincinnati - Bowers
3. Denver - Peterson
4. Detroit - Amukamara
5. Buffalo - AJ Green

Explanation:
1. Obvious. Carolina takes BPA. I think if Luck is not there, they possibly reach for Mallett, or they'll take Green or Bowers. Mallett? No way he goes #1 overall.

2. Cincinnati could use a pass rush. Don't need a WR, don't really need a CB. How do the Bengals NOT need a WR in 2011?

3. Denver has tons of WR's. Champ Bailey is almost certainly leaving after this year, and they need a top CB. They also need help on DL and LB, but without knowing who the coaching staff will be, Peterson is the safer pick here. Petersen is a good pick here, but I think they go Newton

4. Detroit could use Green, but I'm sure the current regime is aware of the complaints about the Millen era. They need a top CB, and while Amukamara is a bit of a reach, it's necessary. Like it.

5. Buffalo needs a WR. We've got a number of guys who have stepped up, but we still need that do-it-all stud. At this point, Green is the BPA. Green is a luxury pick, and although the BPA, the Bills will go defense in this scenario. Either Fairley or Quinn, or even Dareus.

T-Long
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
My top 5:
1. QB Andrew Luck
2. WR AJ Green
3. CB Patrick Peterson
4. DE Marcel Dareus
5. DE Da'Quan Bowers

Without Luck:
1. WR AJ Green
2. CB Patrick Peterson
3. DE Marcel Dareus
4. DE Da'Quan Bowers
5. DE Adrian Clayborn/Cameron Heyward
I see you have consistently put Dareus ahead of Bowers. Let me in on why you think that.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-13-2010, 11:20 AM
That was a different regime that took Tebow. Granted, the decision makers are still there, but I can't see them passing on Newton. His stock is going to rise even higher once he does combine and personal workouts.

I bet you anything you own that Denver won't draft a QB on day 1

psubills62
12-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Green is a luxury pick, and although the BPA, the Bills will go defense in this scenario. Either Fairley or Quinn, or even Dareus.

Very possible. Dareus is another guy I considered. At the same time, we didn't need a RB last year either, according to the fans. Green is not even close to a luxury pick - we need everything at this point.

I believe Mallett will be somewhat considered at #1, though it would be a major reach. QB's are just that important.

The Bengals could use a WR, but they've spent like 20 picks in the last 2-3 years on WR's. I don't think they want to continue that, although it's a possibility. Considering Cincinnati's drafting history, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with a physical stud here, despite possible risk.

The hype about Newton has gotten him ranked way too high. I see this being a Clausen situation (though maybe not as drastic). The hype machine will have Newton as a possible top-5 pick, while the smart GM's will have him as a late first, maybe second rounder. I don't see Denver picking another controversial QB, no matter who the new coach is.

T-Long
12-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Very possible. Dareus is another guy I considered. At the same time, we didn't need a RB last year either, according to the fans. Green is not even close to a luxury pick - we need everything at this point. I think the Spiller pick was different. I think they knew that Lynch was one strike away from being suspended, so they knew in the back of their mind that he wouldn't be in Buffalo much longer.

I believe Mallett will be somewhat considered at #1, though it would be a major reach. QB's are just that important. If Carolina goes QB without Luck there, then it will be Newton. I would be shocked if Mallett was picked over Cam.

The Bengals could use a WR, but they've spent like 20 picks in the last 2-3 years on WR's. I don't think they want to continue that, although it's a possibility. Considering Cincinnati's drafting history, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with a physical stud here, despite possible risk. But what WR's are productive? AJ Green is a stud and would fit perfectly in the offense.

The hype about Newton has gotten him ranked way too high. I see this being a Clausen situation (though maybe not as drastic). The hype machine will have Newton as a possible top-5 pick, while the smart GM's will have him as a late first, maybe second rounder. I don't see Denver picking another controversial QB, no matter who the new coach is. Newton is a much better QB that Claussen was coming out. Newton is going to be a special player IMO and teams are going to regret passing on him.

psubills62
12-13-2010, 11:28 AM
What?? Totally off base.

Evans isn't going anywhere. His salary is so low in the coming years it makes no sense to get rid of him, especially when he still have a ton left in the tank.

With Evans, Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson, Jones, and even Easley, WR is the last thing we'll need when we have a ton of holes to fill on defense.

If Luck doesn't fall to us by some miracle, we go defense for SURE.

It would make plenty of sense to get rid of Evans. His low salary is a boon to a Super Bowl contender. If Easley manages to develop into a deep threat, Evans seems to be an odd man out, and could easily net us some decent draft picks.

WR is not the last thing we need. Have people forgotten all the drops and fumbles lately? We've finally managed to scrape up a halfway decent QB, and suddenly our offense is decent, but not blow-you-out-of-the-water.

I don't disagree with you at all that we have huge holes on D. I like Dareus, as well as Clayborn and Heyward, but 5-techs rarely go that high. Why do you think the Pats (whose defense has been stellar lately) have gotten nearly all their 5-techs in the 5th round or later?

As I've said before, Green is not my first choice. But he's the BPA there, and he fits a need (whether fans think it's a need or not, it is).

psubills62
12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
T-Long:

1. Spiller is a playmaker. We needed those, and still do in a number of ways. Lynch was about to be gone...and I've stated many reasons why Evans could easily be traded.

2. I wouldn't be.

3. Shipley's been productive, Ochocinco is productive when they get him the ball. Honestly, I'd say the production is easily the fault of Palmer, not necessarily their WR's. If Owens leaves, Green is certainly a possibility. I just don't see Cincinnati taking him.

4. Sorry, I just don't agree. Newton makes plays in both the running and passing game. But when he's running...he just looks slow to me. Despite the "SEC speed" hype machine, I think he'll run into a lot better players in the NFL. As Ingtar has mentioned, Newton is also running an extremely simple system. I don't see Newton becoming much at all in the NFL, personally.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
If bills take wide receiver I will fly to OBD and shoot everyone in the draft room

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Metephoricly of course

Extremebillsfan247
12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
If bills take wide receiver I will fly to OBD and shoot everyone in the draft roomlol no worries, I'll deny seeing this post if they cart you off to the big house.

Dr. Lecter
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
I hate to agree with DraftBoy, but in this scenario I want me some Dareus.

YardRat
12-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I'd be very surprised if it got to us at 5 and we had the pick of the litter at DE.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Give me Mallett or Locker. Locker could be available in the 3rd!! A steal.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Just to be different...

OLB Ryan Kerrigan Purdue

SquishDaFish
12-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Theres no way in hell Denver takes a QB LOL

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Theres no way in hell Denver takes a QB LOL

Especially a QB who is so similar to the guy they just took last year.

SaviorEdwards
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM

WHy not wait until Locker's a bust and get him at a discount? :spade:

Nighthawk
12-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Newton is becoming a more intriguing option, but I can't argue with any of the defensive players that people have listed.

Scumbag College
12-13-2010, 05:41 PM
If the Bills think that there is a "Franchise QB" at #5, they have to take him. I don't know if Chan and the front office will think that Newton, Mallett, etc. fit that bill.

Outside of Franchise QB, the Bills have to pick the best available Defensive Lineman, Linebacker, or Offensive Tackle. Anything else would be absolute insanity.

patmoran2006
12-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Not likely, but if Houston and the Giants both win tonight, by virtue of tiebreaker I believe the Bills will move up to 4th.

The Bills and Detroit should they remain tied each week is going to be VERY close on a weekly basis, could even become a coin flip.

patmoran2006
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
People I've talked to, including someone I'll have a published interview with this week, seem to think Quinn ranks ahead of both Dareus and Bowers

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 06:17 PM
why are the bengals not considering a QB with a top pick? carson palmer is getting old, his mid level play is declining, and he has people to throw to.

i think the bengals take a QB. i really do.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
People I've talked to, including someone I'll have a published interview with this week, seem to think Quinn ranks ahead of both Dareus and Bowers

I can see that cause he truly is great option as an OLBer, him and Moats would be awesome.

alohabillsfan
12-13-2010, 07:37 PM

Cant argue that. The only question would be that Nix/Gailey put a premium on playing time.

alohabillsfan
12-13-2010, 07:40 PM
We have to build as team to beat Brady and the Pats. We need to get people in Bradys face up the middle ALA the Giants. I think Fairley right now would be a nice, IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-13-2010, 08:06 PM

Explanations:

1. BPA for Carolina and should be the #1 pick for any of those teams besides Detroit.

2. Cincy needs a new younger WR and Green is that guy. T.O. will be gone and Ochocinco will be gone soon as well.

3. Surprise pick for Denver, but they will have a brand new staff that will want their guy. Orton and Tebow are not the answer long term, so they go with the Heisman winner.

4. Detroit is very excited to get the top corner in the draft. They've needed one for a long time and they get it with Petersen.

5. Bowers is the best defensive lineman (IMO) in the draft and the Bills get a steal at pick 5 for him. He is exactly the pass rusher the Bills are looking for.

1- CAROLINA- ANDREW LUCK- obvious franchise qb, cant pass on him...
2- BENGALS- AJ GREEN- no brainer, wr is top need, green fills it
3- DENVER - NICK FAIRLEY- wont take a qb because orton is above average, olb is filled with ayers and dumervil, fairley offers bpa and great pass rush.
4- DETROIT - PATRICK PETERSON- no brainer...
5- BUFFALO BILLS - D'QUAN BOWERS - between dareus, bowers, quinn, kerrigan, cam newton, ryan mallett bills take bowers, reason being bowers pass rush prowess will have more of an impact than dareus, outside pass rush is most important part of defense. plus he can play 34de 34 olb 43 de 43 dt... most talented player in draft... complete pass rusher in all facets... obvious pick. if bowers is not there than imo its a toss up between dareus, quinn, kerrigan, newton, and mallett... most likely dareus or quinn...just cant see the front office taking a qb when that qb will sit on the bench for 2 years and you can add a stud on defense... we can win with fitz... jmo...

bills mock 2011
1- dquan bowers 34 de/olb
2- donta hightower 34 ilb
3- lawrence guy 34 de
4- kendrick ellis 34 nt/de
4- josh bynes 34 ilb
5- ot
6 bpa
7 bpa

notable cuts-

marcus stroud
spencer johnson
aaron maybin

notable free agents additions-

marcus spears- de
jeromey clary- rt
tyler thigpen- back-up qb
matt spaeth- blocking te

Resign

george wilson
ashton youboty
poz
whitner

possible dream pick up in my opinion- carl nicks og, probably not...

the reason i focused so much on front 7 is because we have no beef and we cant stop the run at all. we have the worst run d in the nfl. it needs to be imporved big time...

i see moats as a legitimate threat off the edge ala james harrison, elvis dumervil and with bowers would be great 3rd down pass rushers...

tampabay25690
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM

I dont think they draft a QB either.....
DL may be the way they go...

tampabay25690
12-13-2010, 08:16 PM

Depending the guy is healthy now so he may go late 1st round after a great combine....

X-Era
12-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Where did you get 5th overall? How are Denver and Detroit in front of us?

psubills62
12-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Where did you get 5th overall? How are Denver and Detroit in front of us?

Because all three of us are 3-10 and Denver and Detroit have lower SOS's.

X-Era
12-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Because all three of us are 3-10 and Denver and Detroit have lower SOS's.Where's the SOS info? I'd eb a bit surprised to see it end that way.

Dr. Lecter
12-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Where's the SOS info? I'd eb a bit surprised to see it end that way.
How many teams have the Bills played with a losing record?

3 or so? (Cleveland, Detroit and the Bengals)

X-Era
12-14-2010, 06:26 AM
How many teams have the Bills played with a losing record?

3 or so? (Cleveland, Detroit and the Bengals)Detroit (3-10), Cinnci (2-11), Minn (5-8), and Clev (5-8).

Detroit- Buff (3-10), Minn (5-8), Wash (5-8), Dall (4-9)

Den- Sea (6-7), SF (5-8), Oak (6-7), Ari (4-9)

Using this, it looks like we have played worse teams than Det or Den. I know that's not the whole story though.

DraftBoy
12-14-2010, 07:34 AM

Must be Wes you spoke with.

dannyek71
12-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Mark Ingram or Aaron Williams

EDS
12-14-2010, 08:28 AM
What defense do you guys see the Bills running next year? To me, Bowers, Dareus and Fairley are all better fits in a 4-3. None offer the type of run stuffing presence the Bills need in the middle of the D.

psubills62
12-14-2010, 08:32 AM

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=198716&page=4

See post #92, it has the current status of SOS.

Denver's opponents are 106-102.
Detroit's opponents are 115-93.
Buffalo's opponents are 121-87.

psubills62
12-14-2010, 08:33 AM
What defense do you guys see the Bills running next year? To me, Bowers, Dareus and Fairley are all better fits in a 4-3. None offer the type of run stuffing presence the Bills need in the middle of the D.

I actually see us running a 3-4. I think that's where they're headed, and they seem to be playing something of a hybrid this year. They may choose someone who could perform well in both schemes.

methos4ever
12-14-2010, 08:45 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Here you go X.

Extremebillsfan247
12-14-2010, 11:22 AM

Explanations:

5. Bowers is the best defensive lineman (IMO) in the draft and the Bills get a steal at pick 5 for him. He is exactly the pass rusher the Bills are looking for. If we manage to beat Miami on Sunday we could fall 2 more spots. That changes things a bit.

Ed
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Denver needs pass rushers. I think they would take Bowers in this scenario. I could also see the Bengals taking Cam Newton.

Extremebillsfan247
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Denver needs pass rushers. I think they would take Bowers in this scenario. I could also see the Bengals taking Cam Newton.That's a pretty logical assumption and hard to contest at this point with the way Carson Palmer is struggling in Cincy and Denver already invested in Tebow. JMO