PDA

View Full Version : With all the talk of "if" Luck comes out...

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
He'd be a complete and total ****** if he doesn't come out this year. He will be without a doubt Top 3 pick if not almost certainly #1 overall. Look what happened to Matt Leinhart when he stayed in school one more year, his stock dropped him to #10 pick. And he didn't even get injured.

Yes I know all the honorable angles about staying in school and blah blah blah. When you have a chance to make a gazillion in bonus, you don't give it up.

Andrew Luck will come out no matter what. Anyone wants to bet, I'm all in.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Bradford stayed in school, worked out just fine. It depends on the QB. Luck has a good head on his shoulders, I've thought he was staying in school all along, still think he does. Hopefully he comes out, just another option for the Bills as it extends the possible draft picks for them.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Bradford wasn't considered an overwhelming #1 overall pick in his junior year.

psubills62
12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Bradford stayed in school, worked out just fine. It depends on the QB. Luck has a good head on his shoulders, I've thought he was staying in school all along, still think he does. Hopefully he comes out, just another option for the Bills as it extends the possible draft picks for them.

Bradford even got injured (the main concern about him), barely played in his RS Junior year and was still the #1 overall pick.

Luck led his team to a 1-loss season. What if the kid wants to win a MNC? What if he doesn't want to get drafted by Carolina? What if he wants to stay where Harbaugh is?

I have little doubt he'd be the top overall pick in whatever year he came out. Everyone sees things differently, and he might be having fun in college.

DraftBoy
12-13-2010, 11:53 AM
He'd be a complete and total ****** if he doesn't come out this year. He will be without a doubt Top 3 pick if not almost certainly #1 overall. Look what happened to Matt Leinhart when he stayed in school one more year, his stock dropped him to #10 pick. And he didn't even get injured.

Yes I know all the honorable angles about staying in school and blah blah blah. When you have a chance to make a gazillion in bonus, you don't give it up.

Andrew Luck will come out no matter what. Anyone wants to bet, I'm all in.
No CBA means no contract. He can be the #1 pick all year long but without a contract he ain't getting paid anything.

Maybe he fears a full lockout and doesnt want to leave to so much uncertainty.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Bradford wasn't considered an overwhelming #1 overall pick in his junior year.

Bradford came out as a Junior. He won the Heisman as a RS Sophomore and stayed in school, buddy.

And yeah he would have competed with Matt Stafford. Not Bradford's fault Stafford was a legit #1 pick as well.

Beebe's Kid
12-13-2010, 12:19 PM
No doubt... Staying in school is for fools!!! Why take the hard way in when you could take the easy way out??

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 12:20 PM
He can take the money and always get his degree on the side. To not take the money is foolish in the overall grand scheme of things. And anybody saying otherwise is a huge hypocrite.

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Bradford came out as a Junior. He won the Heisman as a RS Sophomore and stayed in school, buddy.

And yeah he would have competed with Matt Stafford. Not Bradford's fault Stafford was a legit #1 pick as well.
Bradford is better than Stafford.:boom:

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
He can take the money and always get his degree on the side. To not take the money is foolish in the overall grand scheme of things. And anybody saying otherwise is a huge hypocrite.

Sam Bradford is a fool and JaMarcus Russell is a genius! Right!

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 12:23 PM

My mistake. You're right.

Still, Luck would be crazy not to come out this year.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Bradford is better than Stafford.:boom:

And both in the draft would have made Sanchez a 2nd or late 1st round pick.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Russell got his money and made the right decision to come out when he did.

What happened to him afterwards is completely irrelevant. It's his own fault for being a lazy fat ass. It would've made no difference had he stayed in school one more year.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-13-2010, 12:49 PM
And look what happened to Alex Smith when he came out too early. Sure he got the nice contract, but did he ever amount to anything?

better days
12-13-2010, 12:54 PM
And look what happened to Alex Smith when he came out too early. Sure he got the nice contract, but did he ever amount to anything?

Well if he stayed in school, he still may not have amounted to anything & may not have gotten the nice contract besides. Then where would he be?

dasaybz
12-13-2010, 12:55 PM
And look what happened to Alex Smith when he came out too early. Sure he got the nice contract, but did he ever amount to anything? He amounted to a freaking rich son of a *****.

Who cares what he does on the field, he is set for life, and so are his kids and his kids kids, and his kids kids kids.

Stop thinking that everything in life is about football, sometimes it is just about the money.

I agree with Miyagi, if Luck doesn't come out, he's playing russian roulette with an $80 million contract.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Russell got his money and made the right decision to come out when he did.

What happened to him afterwards is completely irrelevant. It's his own fault for being a lazy fat ass. It would've made no difference had he stayed in school one more year.

He was lazy because of the huge contract. Guys coming out early just for the quick money fix have a better chance of sitting on the money and not working. Vick came out early and didn't work at all (he literally said this exact thing, he put no time in because he thought he didn't have to) because he just got his money. It took jail to get his ass to play to the way he should have been playing all along. Let's face it, if a kid stays in school, you know he has a better head on his shoulders than his peers. Not because of his education at all, but because he's not all in for the money and has proper perspective about developing as a player and a person. In hindsight Leinart may have made a poor decision for his own self interest, but in reality, he's just not a good QB and it saved a team wasting a #1 overall pick on him if anything.

The point is, staying in school does not automatically make you an idiot and coming out early doesn't make you stupid either. It depends on the QB as I said in the first post. And Luck will be fine either way.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM
He amounted to a freaking rich son of a *****.

Who cares what he does on the field, he is set for life, and so are his kids and his kids kids, and his kids kids kids.

Stop thinking that everything in life is about football, sometimes it is just about the money.

I agree with Miyagi, if Luck doesn't come out, he's playing russian roulette with an $80 million contract.

Oh my goodness, how could Alex Smith have provided for his family with $20 million instead of $50 million?

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Right, Russell is a genius. He capitalized on his no-talent and took advantage and got that first overall contract. Had he stayed, he would've gotten less money and still would be out of the league. What don't you get?

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Right, Russell is a genius. He capitalized on his no-talent and took advantage and got that first overall contract. Had he stayed, he would've gotten less money and still would be out of the league. What don't you get?
I understand. The world is a better place because JaMarcus Russell is wasting his life at home sippin on purple drank.

"Russell is a genius." I think this is all I need to hear to know your opinion is wrong.

Jeff1220
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
In a sport like football, with the very real risk of any down being your last, I think any player should cash in when the opportunity arises. I also think they should take it upon themselves to finish the degree, and educate themselves enough to know how to handle the money and fame that is given to them.

dasaybz
12-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh my goodness, how could Alex Smith have provided for his family with $20 million instead of $50 million?

Bah, you're right, who needs $30 milllion anyways?

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I understand. The world is a better place because JaMarcus Russell is wasting his life at home sippin on purple drank.

"Russell is a genius." I think this is all I need to hear to know your opinion is wrong.

He got the most money out of the situation. It's not a difficult concept. Russell made the right choice, Leinart made the wrong one.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 01:22 PM
He got the most money out of the situation. It's not a difficult concept. Russell made the right choice, Leinart made the wrong one.
Russell will blow the money in 3 years. The guy is a moron, Raiders are even asking for a large chunk of it back. He's an idiot, he's not a genius. If he was smart he would have worked his ass off and gotten another contract. "Right choice" isn't in Russell's vocabulary. Granted, his vocabulary is quite limited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK3k-LLnZ7k

The man's a genius. He'll be bankrupt before he starts another NFL game. Even your basic idiot capitalizes on the NFL contracts all the time, they get new ones and don't do codeine and waste their life and talent.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Russell will blow the money in 3 years. The guy is a moron, Raiders are even asking for a large chunk of it back. He's an idiot, he's not a genius. If he was smart he would have worked his ass off and gotten another contract. "Right choice" isn't in Russell's vocabulary. Granted, his vocabulary is quite limited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK3k-LLnZ7k

The man's a genius. He'll be bankrupt before he starts another NFL game. Even your basic idiot capitalizes on the NFL contracts all the time, they get new ones and don't do codeine and waste their life and talent.
Once again, what Russell did after he cashed out is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Once again, what Russell did after he cashed out is completely irrelevant in this discussion.
No, if he's smart, he works, doesn't "cash out", doesn't waste his life or the Raiders time and keeps getting money. That's what I was arguing, he's not smart and RockStar thinks he is.

He came out early, got a big contract and wasted his life. If he stays in school, loses money as you claim would happen, it's more incentive to work and get a bigger and more warranted contract next time if he played as well as he should have.

You know he's not getting another pay check the rest of his life unless he wants to be a janitor right? The way this guy lives his life, he'll be out of money in no time. If you think 5-10 years of living happily (if you wanna call being hated and mocked the rest of his life for being a huge bust living happily) will make up for a lifetime (you know when he's in his 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s) of crap then you're wrong.

Russell wasn't smart, Russell isn't smart. It's embarrassing when you guys defend him.

You're right however, comparing Russelll or other QBs is completely irrelevant to the Luck decision. As I said 5 times it depends on the QB. Luck will not do the things Russell did because he's actually smart (or at least not a complete idiot, but he's much closer to smart than many NFL players). If he comes out, great, better for the Bills, if he stays in school, great too, better for him. If the man makes the decision, I don't see how you can say he's wrong in wanting to go back to school. I'm pretty sure you can live on $20 million instead of $100, and if he works his ass off, he will get a huge contract down the road anyway, which would be better in the long term as well...

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 01:54 PM
He was smart for cashing in when he did and getting his contract from the Raiders. I don't give a **** what he did in Oakland or what he did after. Stop being so thick-headed and think for a second.

The point we're making is that Luck should cash out now, get the biggest deal possible, and go to the NFL. He can always continue school and get his degree, but he should do what is necessary to get the most money while he can.

I'm sorry if you don't understand this simple concept.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 02:01 PM
He was smart for cashing in when he did and getting his contract from the Raiders. I don't give a **** what he did in Oakland or what he did after. Stop being so thick-headed and think for a second.

The point we're making is that Luck should cash out now, get the biggest deal possible, and go to the NFL. He can always continue school and get his degree, but he should do what is necessary to get the most money while he can.

I'm sorry if you don't understand this simple concept.
He's gonna get his money anyway, I don't see what the big deal is if he comes out or not. It's his decision, let him do what he wants. Sam Bradford even got hurt his Junior year like psu said, was still the #1 pick, got huge money, and is well on his way to a big contract down the line because he's a good player. If you guys wanna say Leinart made the wrong decision, yet ignore Bradford when saying what Luck should do then more power to you.

How am I being think headed if Russell will be bankrupt, mocked, hated, ridiculed by the media and fans, and out of the NFL the rest of his life? He blew his opportunity at success and greater fortune.

If Luck stays in school he's not stupid, if he comes out it doesn't guarantee he's set for life. Stop trying to say what's best for the kid, you don't even know him.

better days
12-13-2010, 02:12 PM
He's gonna get his money anyway, I don't see what the big deal is if he comes out or not. It's his decision, let him do what he wants. Sam Bradford even got hurt his Junior year like psu said, was still the #1 pick, got huge money, and is well on his way to a big contract down the line because he's a good player. If you guys wanna say Leinart made the wrong decision, yet ignore Bradford when saying what Luck should do then more power to you.

How am I being think headed if Russell will be bankrupt, mocked, hated, ridiculed by the media and fans, and out of the NFL the rest of his life? He blew his opportunity at success and greater fortune.

If Luck stays in school he's not stupid, if he comes out it doesn't guarantee he's set for life. Stop trying to say what's best for the kid, you don't even know him.

Well, if told he is the #1 pick, he would be set for life. He not only could get injured, but just have a bad year if he stays in school. If there are a couple Sophomores that tear it up as Jrs next year he could be drafted lower & lose a lot of money.

It is not what is best for him, from a financial standpoint it would be about what is best for anybody & everybody in that situation.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Well, if told he is the #1 pick, he would be set for life. He not only could get injured, but just have a bad year if he stays in school. If there are a couple Sophomores that tear it up as Jrs next year he could be drafted lower & lose a lot of money.

It is not what is best for him, from a financial standpoint it would be about what is best for anybody & everybody in that situation.

Bolded is not true at all. Explain how Russell is set for life. He's out of work, Oakland is asking for money back. He's gonna be screwed. Explain how

Injured? Like Bradford? Worked fine for him didn't it?

And how is that best for everybody? You think it was great that the Raiders wasted $80 million dollars on Russell? How is that good for anyone?

Believe it or not, some people don't need $100 million dollars to be set for life. It's his life, if he wants to stay in college why are you calling him wrong?

better days
12-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Just because Oakland is asking for money back does not mean they will get it. They will have to prove Russell intentionally breached his contract, which I doubt they can do, & yes he should be set for life even if Oakland gets some money back.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Just because Oakland is asking for money back does not mean they will get it. They will have to prove Russell intentionally breached his contract, which I doubt they can do, & yes he should be set for life even if Oakland gets some money back.

He's going to go bankrupt if he doesn't get his ass in gear and salvage his career. He's not set for life. He's not a normal human being like you or I. He makes stupid mistakes, he's a stupid person. I and most normal people can live off less than 100K a year, our spending habits are not the same as this loser's. If Eddy Curry can go bankrupt after making over $10 million a year for 5 years and still being under contract, then so can Russell. These guys are idoits.

Everything says Luck isn't an idiot. So really it doesn't matter if he comes out or not this year. Like I said, if he does what he should, he'll get a lot more money and security when he's 28 than he'd ever get as a rookie.

better days
12-13-2010, 02:56 PM
He's going to go bankrupt if he doesn't get his ass in gear and salvage his career. He's not set for life. He's not a normal human being like you or I. He makes stupid mistakes, he's a stupid person. I and most normal people can live off less than 100K a year, our spending habits are not the same as this loser's. If Eddy Curry can go bankrupt after making over $10 million a year for 5 years and still being under contract, then so can Russell. These guys are idoits.

Everything says Luck isn't an idiot. So really it doesn't matter if he comes out or not this year. Like I said, if he does what he should, he'll get a lot more money and security when he's 28 than he'd ever get as a rookie.

While I agree with much of what you say, none of us can predict the future. If the money is there, you take it now because you don't know what the future holds.

dasaybz
12-13-2010, 02:58 PM
I just don't see what point you are trying to make Roscoe. Are you saying that Luck would be better off not being the #1 pick in the draft and making somewhere near $80 million?

RockStar36
12-13-2010, 03:03 PM
You keep referencing Bradford, do you have any more glaring examples of how staying in school didn't hurt the person financially?

dasaybz
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Locker got screwed big time by staying in school.

Oaf
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
If he comes out, we're not gonna be able to get him.

So I hope he stays.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I just don't see what point you are trying to make Roscoe. Are you saying that Luck would be better off not being the #1 pick in the draft and making somewhere near $80 million?

No I said a bunch of times already that if he stays in school it doesn't mean he's wrong. A lot of people think if he comes out now everything will be for the best. That's just not true, it could happen, but you have no idea. All I'm saying is it's his decision, things could even work out better if he stays, you guys don't know either. If it's his decision, what does it matter if you guys think he'd be better off with $100 million instead of $50 right now? It's his life, he's not wrong either way. If he's smart and works, he will be fine either way.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 03:09 PM
You keep referencing Bradford, do you have any more glaring examples of how staying in school didn't hurt the person financially?

You guys only mention Leinart. Got any other ones?

Locker? You have no clue where he's getting drafted or if he will be a good QB yet.

X-Era
12-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Luck is coming out... I'm convinced of it. But the biggest reason is because Harbaugh is as good as gone IMO.

Players have finished their degrees after leaving early, he's a smart kid and will have no problem doing it.

Mr. Miyagi
12-13-2010, 09:30 PM

Locker? You have no clue where he's getting drafted or if he will be a good QB yet.
Not many examples of players choosing to stay in school instead of coming out, because most choose to take the money when they can.

On the other hand, ask me to cite some more examples of players coming out of school early and cashing in when the money is there. Go ahead.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Not many examples of players choosing to stay in school instead of coming out, because most choose to take the money when they can.

On the other hand, ask me to cite some more examples of players coming out of school early and cashing in when the money is there. Go ahead.
When did I say players don't do this? What matters is what they do with the money and how they play on the field.

Luck can do whatever he wants, come out this year or next, and he won't be wrong unless he dies in a team bus crash.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Yeah no examples of other guys staying in school and it hurting them right? Yet you claim Luck is making a poor decision? 100% baseless claim because of preconceived notions that guaranteed money = guaranteed success.

Extremebillsfan247
12-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Luck's immediate future is tied to Harbaughs. If Harbaugh leaves Stanford, there is a good chance Luck will come out for the draft. If Harbaugh stays at Stanford there is no way Luck is coming out.

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-14-2010, 04:18 AM
With the talk of no NFL season, that has to be in the thought process.

Night Train
12-14-2010, 04:42 AM
With the talk of no NFL season, that has to be in the thought process.

Bingo. This isn't a normal year at all with the current turmoil hanging over the NFL.

If Luck knows there is an NFL season in 2011, he'll come out. If the NFL owners announce a player lockout in February after the SB game, then anyone with redshirt time left will stay.

RockStar36
12-14-2010, 07:30 AM

I don't have many off the top of my head because most come out when they realize they're gonna get drafted high. It's rare that a player stays in school and ignores the draft.

But good job deflecting the question. I guess that means you don't have any other examples.

Stewie
12-14-2010, 07:33 AM
And both in the draft would have made Sanchez a 2nd or late 1st round pick.

Russell may not be a genius, but he got the opportunity to be financially set for life, and LSU is still there if he wants to be.