PDA

View Full Version : Looking back at the schedule...

ChristopherWalken
12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
...with some thick rose colored glasses....

This Bills team is just 4 games away from being neck and neck in the Wild Card race.

Give us back Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore and Chicago.

Bills are then tied at 7-6 with:

Chiefs, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, and a 7-5 Ravens team facing a tough Viking defense.

I know, I know....if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts....blah-bobbity blah

Regardless, it gives me hope for this young team. Basically, just one bad play in each of those games leaves us 3-10.

I like what Gailey is doing and truly think that his offensive is difficult to combat. Reel in some key defensive players and collect a little consistancy from the players on offense and we have a damn good football team.

justasportsfan
12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
you need your glasses adjusted. Throw in the 2 games with Trent at qb.

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 12:15 PM
I think we're closer to a 5-8 team than a 7-6 one or a 3-10 one.

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
and of our three wins, the lions could have tied it with a 2pt conversion because we still didn't end the game with authority.

the bengals could have made one play in the second half and sealed the momentum from building.

and the browns had 89 passing yards and remained in the game until the bitter end.

the bills are the same number of plays away as having no wins.

i agree with you though. there is promise there. The bills ideally need two shots of talent infusions. they could supplement it with a FA pick up here or there.

It doesn't sound like the bills of old where they develop a little talent and let it leave still is in operation. they seem to be happy to resign players before it gets to a standstill, and they seem interested in pulling in talent.

I think the effort they've given this season may not necessarily translate to better football next year, but it does open free agent eyes that we aren't a joke anymore. we have promise and it might just be worth playing for us.

Everyone and their mother knew the jauron years were a death sentence. hence the lack of talent and overpayment for the ones we did get.

Beebe's Kid
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
This is an authentic homer thread...I'm all in!!!

I agree. I am tired of the talk about "no talent" The truth is there just isn't enough of it. We are a few good players away from being a competitive team.

One issue is that if the Pats are head and shoulders above everybody else.

That being said, could you imagine if we would have signed Danny Woodhead and Deion Branch? They do have a lot of talent, but not a surplus. What they do have is a ****ing amazing system.

Our D has improved dramatically. Our offense hasn't been that much of a concern since TE caught some pine. We need to continue to play hard, develop the players we had, and make upgrades, where available. We do need to focus on the front 7, but we're getting there.

ChristopherWalken
12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I can't defend reality. I understand the ball bounces this direction or that on any given Sunday. I just can't help analyze this team from a different perspective.

I have hope for this team. Soemthing I didn't quite have coming into this season. Marching into this season looking ahead the next ten years the Bills looked more dismal and ominous than the Buffalo skyline.

And as homeristic as it might be, not dropping a pass, or not throwing that late 4th qtr INT.....I don't know, seems like things could have easlily been different.

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 01:32 PM
i guess it's just odd, that we always have a play or two that didn't happen. and it hasn't ever gotten better. we just get more outrageous one play disasters. We had the JP fumble, we had the dallas game meltdown, we had the mckelvin fumble, we hadthe 3rd stringer pitts game, we had the steve johnson drop, we had lindell make an overtime kick but called back on a time out and then miss it on a second try.

and there are so many more you could find.

until we start making a couple of these plays, it's conceivable that it'll just keep happening.

At with the pats heating up, the bills look less likely to stop a blowout which would make 8 years straight of playing them close and then getting blown out

dannyek71
12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
I think we are closest to being a 3 win team right now.

YardRat
12-13-2010, 08:15 PM
i guess it's just odd, that we always have a play or two that didn't happen. and it hasn't ever gotten better. we just get more outrageous one play disasters. We had the JP fumble, we had the dallas game meltdown, we had the mckelvin fumble, we hadthe 3rd stringer pitts game, we had the steve johnson drop, we had lindell make an overtime kick but called back on a time out and then miss it on a second try.

and there are so many more you could find.

until we start making a couple of these plays, it's conceivable that it'll just keep happening.

At with the pats heating up, the bills look less likely to stop a blowout which would make 8 years straight of playing them close and then getting blown out

Winners make those plays...losers don't.