PDA

View Full Version : Favre Streak Ends at 297

G Wolly
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Inactive for tonight's game.

Oh well.

:wail:

It would've been cool to see him hit an even 300 games, but we'll just have to wait to see Peyton Manning hit 300 straight games down the road.

Philagape
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
And Arthur Moats officially goes down in Favre lore

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Shocked they just didn't have him go out there to make a simple handoff to Peterson and then exit the game.

IAG
12-13-2010, 05:01 PM
It is the only thing the Bills have hit hard this year.

TrEd FTW
12-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Shocked they just didn't have him go out there to make a simple handoff to Peterson and then exit the game.

What a load of bull**** that would have been.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
What a load of bull**** that would have been.

Kinda like when he rolled out and laid down in front of Strahan to give Strahan the single season sack record.

TrEd FTW
12-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Kinda like when he rolled out and laid down in front of Strahan to give Strahan the single season sack record.

Yep.

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Yep.

Hence why I said, I'm shocked his ego didn't influence Frazier to allow him to do it. Especially in a meaningless game, in a meaningless Vikings season.

TrEd FTW
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Hence why I said, I'm shocked his ego didn't influence Frazier to allow him to do it. Especially in a meaningless game, in a meaningless Vikings season.

Yeah, I didn't mean my post to be vitriolic toward you. It just would've been BS had it happened.

Nighthawk
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Moats has made Trivia Pursuit...cool!

THRILLHO
12-13-2010, 05:16 PM
We may have gotten our asses handed to us that game. But we can say "We retired Brett Favre."

Some people would thank us for that, Vikings and Packer fans alike.

trapezeus
12-13-2010, 05:33 PM
and we were the last teamm in the metrodome. not bad week for a game where we did jack.

mightysimi
12-13-2010, 06:15 PM
We are officially the streak killers. Jerry Rice's consecutive games with a catch is broken against us, Terrell Owens games with a catch broken with us. Now Favre. Like I said streak killers.

The Warrior
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM
We are officially the streak killers. Jerry Rice's consecutive games with a catch is broken against us, Terrell Owens games with a catch broken with us. Now Favre. Like I said streak killers.

I don't to end their streaks but that is how the game goes you have to stop anyone and everyone you play againest. the only streak I want an end to is the losing againest the Pats and hopefully we will beat them and end that streak only streak in the entire NFL to end this year.

ELAYAS
12-13-2010, 06:23 PM

does anyone have a video of that? just curious to see the play...

Mr. Pink
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
does anyone have a video of that? just curious to see the play...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvR-FUxSnHo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvR-FUxSnHo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2:01 in the video.

Happened very late in the game when the Packers already had the game won.

Ingtar33
12-13-2010, 07:14 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvR-FUxSnHo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvR-FUxSnHo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2:01 in the video.

Happened very late in the game when the Packers already had the game won.

it was also a called run.. Favre intentionally kept the ball then fell down in front of MS... it wasn't a blown play... it was the last game of the year and the pack was going to run out the clock, Favre did it to give him the record... he even laughed about it after.

BertSquirtgum
12-13-2010, 07:39 PM
he actually started 321 games. if you include playoff's. which you should include, imo.

mightysimi
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Or you could start the streak at when he came out of rehab which is probably not 297.

Cleve
12-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Brett's streak was equal to 18 1/2 regular seasons of football - pretty incredible given the rate of quarterback injuries we've seen.

MikeNC
12-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Now we will have to listen to all the sportcasters talking about the streak for at least a week...I am so sick about hearing about Farve, it is just endless babbling...

DraftBoy
12-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Kudos to Favre for his record, that's incredible. Sad to see it end in an injury, but this is football.

THRILLHO
12-14-2010, 08:10 AM
This may also extend a record/streak for Favre:

His last pass with each of his teams was an interception.

trapezeus
12-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I can't wait to see what ESPN does when Favre passes away. The 3 fastest minutes being dedicated to him with zero highlights of other games? In their own words, "c'mon man".

They don't even eulogize players with clips like that. the guy has a sprained shoulder and missed a game.

Next year is going to be so sweet to not hear anyone say, "man he just loves to play the game."

HAMMER
12-14-2010, 02:42 PM
It was brutal last night, they talked about it for 15 minutes straight on Sportscenter. We know, we know, it's impressive, move on.

imbondz
12-14-2010, 03:21 PM
why don't they include the playoffs in that streak? it's really 321 games or something like that.

trapezeus
12-14-2010, 04:13 PM
It was brutal last night, they talked about it for 15 minutes straight on Sportscenter. We know, we know, it's impressive, move on.

what was the most frustrating about it, was that they spoke about it, like they just learned about it. This thing has been legendary for years. It literally needed a one sentence blurb.

i can't imagine what houston fans would have done had they won the game. a thrilling game where a team just owns the other team on two 90+ yard drives, and after the game, they went straight to a long and meandering favre press conference. can you imagine if we had the bengals comeback on national TV and they dealt with a guy who didn't play for 15 minutes instead of showing our game?

ESPN can't get out of its own way most of the time these days.

imbondz
12-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I disagree. If they talked about the Texans game - if they'd won, I wouldn't have watched. I watched the Favre press conference tho.

Joe Fo Sho
12-15-2010, 11:17 AM
This may also extend a record/streak for Favre:

His last pass with each of his teams was an interception.

You sure about this? What about The Falcons? I don't think his last pass as a Jet was an interception.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
if i were to buy a Bills jersey, it would be Moats.