PDA

View Full Version : Bills Beat Browns: Week 14 Grades

Michael82
12-13-2010, 05:58 PM
Here's my latest article on NFL Blog Blitz. Let me know what you think.

Offense:
The Buffalo Bills focused on running the ball and controlling the clock on Sunday. Coach Chan Gailey used a balanced offense, with Fitzpatrick managing the game and committing to the run most of the time. Ryan Fitzpatrick finished the day completing 14 out of 23 passes for 142 yards and 1 touchdown, along with 4 carries for 49 yards. Fitzpatrick did fumble the ball once and threw a few bad passes, but did not throw any interceptions. Tight end Jonathan Stupar led the team in receiving with 3 catches for 45 yards, while Stevie Johnson had 5 catches for 42 yards. Lee Evans left the game before the end of the first half with an ankle injury and did not return. David Nelson caught one ball for 11 yards and it was a sweet catch in the end zone for his second touchdown in 2 games. The running game was the main part of the game plan though, as Coach Gailey finally stuck to it all day long. Fred Jackson ran 29 times for 112 yards, while CJ Spiller had 8 carries for 33 yards. The offensive line gave up two sacks, but did well with the run blocking, making some holes for Jackson and Spiller to run through. Overall, it wasn't a great day and the passing game struggled, especially once Evans left the game. But they did a nice job running the ball and didn't allow Cleveland to get the ball back with almost 4 minutes to go in the game. Grade: B+

http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/bills_beat_browns_week_14

Michael82
12-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Any comments? Was I fair in my grading?

RoscoeMagic
12-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Lower the offense to a B-/B IMO. The line was terrible and we really did only put up 13 points. That's usually not good enough to win in this league. The D played great though and I agree with the A coaching too.

Figster
12-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Any comments? Was I fair in my grading?

I would probably go C on offense and B on Defense, to many missed opportunity's despite the bad weather. Chan Gailey and Co. deserve the A and continue to impress, B+ sounds about right on Special Teams

I would give an A+ for overall team effort

Great recap, I'm just a little more stingy with the grades then you are Mike