X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • methos4ever
    • Apr 2004

Bills sign OL Brown from Ravens PS

Versatile, played all along the line, spread of Mizzou. Fifth rounder last year of KC. Injured most of his rookie year and then cut. Ravens put him on PS and we're snatching him apparently.

Here's a profile of him from 2009 Draft:
    Hall of Football is owned and operated by The Sports Xchange (TSX) which has provided news, analysis and research for fans and professionals since 1987.

COULD SURPRISE: Fifth-round choice Colin Brown, who played center, guard and tackle over his career at Missouri. He's athletic, having been a McDonald's All-America nominee and all-state performer in basketball at Braymer (Mo.) High School. He made 28 starts at right tackle with the Tigers very productive pass offense, so he knows how to protect the quarterback. He's not just tall at nearly 6-8, but he's big boned and could probably add more weight. The Chiefs see him as a right tackle. A closer look at the Chiefs' picks: Round 5/139 -- Colin Brown, RT, 6-7, 335, Missouri...A former walk-on who eventually earned a scholarship, Brown was a two-year starter at right tackle in Mizzou's prolific offense. Also versatile; he played center and guard for the Tigers as well. - by The Sports Xchange
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills sign OL Brown from Ravens PS

Very intriguing prospect. We've made some nice OL additions via the waiver wire. One thing is for sure about this new regime, they sign players that can help this team.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

These are the type of gambles Jauron & co. would never try. They couldn't think ahead to that nights dinner, let alone the next season.

Love these type of moves. Who knows but at least they are trying.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

The situation with the Bills' OL reminds me of my fantasy football team. There are a few guys that I drafted, but they didn't turn out so great. So I spend time every week picking up someone off the waiver wire to see if they'll be good. After a couple weeks, I end up dropping them because they aren't very good either, and there's someone else who could be better.

Thankfully, the Bills have the chance to remedy that long-term in the upcoming draft.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

For a Yale grad Jauron is pretty dumb.

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

If this was madden, I'd stick him at tight end and throw timing alley-oop style jump balls to him when we got down in the redzone
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            also cheese

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If this was Madden, we would've won 5 SuperBowls in a row already.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I like how Nix and co. a stockpiling OL players and will eventually sort them out in the next offseason. Bring in as much and then keep the ones worth keeping.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  I like how Nix and co. a stockpiling OL players and will eventually sort them out in the next offseason. Bring in as much and then keep the ones worth keeping.
                  I think that they see it as an area where they want improvement and are looking at every possible young prospect to develop into the role. They may look at these guys as developmental projects and realize that any draftee will put them in the same boat. At that point, you might as well expand your search, add more young prospects, and let the rest of this year and next years training camp determine who could be solid.

If you're not a fan of putting all your hopes on one draftee to become your solid starter, you should like moves like this.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

even though pass blocking got better this year, run blocking is still suspect. fred never gets going early. some of it based on play calls, but some of it based on not getting good blocks early.

add in the fact injuries have taken their toll, they need to get more depth. I am actually excited for the starters to be healthy next year.

I just don't get how a 6'8 300+lb body could suck. Hopefully this works out.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

I would guess that Nelson, Evans or Howard will be placed on IR, unless McCarBust or Balogun get cut.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Im liking these OL pick'ups...Urbik, Rhinehart, and Brown all had good draftable grades as far as prospect. They are young and still growing players who just needed a shot.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I am glad we are finally managing the depth and adding bigger stronger players...also signing guys that were drafted by other teams is also nice...Reinhart is a former 3rd...Hubbard a former 6th...Broan a former 5th...Wrotto was a former 4th Chandler was a former 4th

Jury is still out on these guys and you never know when u fing a diamon in the ruff

How about Heard 6ft 6 355lbs? wow that is a beast too
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
                            • Aug 2008

Hang to IR?
                            Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Thief
                              • Sep 2009

I think we are beginning to realize what Chan was referring to when he said he learned something in the Vikings game. We need to get bigger and meaner in the middle while adding big, mean depth.

Comment

Working...
                              X