DrGraves
12-14-2010, 12:23 PM
rome is the man

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Fitz = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:band:

RoscoeMagic
12-14-2010, 12:26 PM
LOL Rome always gets the B list athletes.

Dr. Lecter
12-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I can't for him to be on.

Rome is so annoying. The entire Joe Pa bit was brutal.

seanbillsfan
12-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I can't for him to be on.

Rome is so annoying. The entire Joe Pa bit was brutal.
I thought that was hilarious. Paterno is like 100 yrs old

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
I think Rome is great.....:pirate2: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Beebe's Kid
12-14-2010, 12:37 PM
On now.

wmoz11
12-14-2010, 12:38 PM
I haven't brought myself to listen to the JoePa PC or any of the subsequent bashing from the media. Is it really that bad?

Anyway, I think Fitz will give a decent interview. Not that there's anything particularly interesting to talk about.

Beebe's Kid
12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
I haven't brought myself to listen to the JoePa PC or any of the subsequent bashing from the media. Is it really that bad?

Anyway, I think Fitz will give a decent interview. Not that there's anything particularly interesting to talk about.

There wasn't, but he did a good job, and Rome gave him respect.

Talked a lot about the "Smartest Athlete in Pro Sports" thing, and about the Apple obsession.

I happen to be an Apple nut myself, so I always like that.

When it came to the fans he definitely acknowledged us, and said there was a lull in productivity on the field. He also said it wasn't a matter of him just getting an opportunity. He said he did need somebody to believe in him, but he said he is improving, and credited Chan for that.

Probably the best was he brought up how the Bengals were bad, then he played the end of the year, they went 3-4-1, and made the playoffs the next year.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-14-2010, 01:07 PM
I loved seeing Jim Rome get beat up my Jim Everett

Ginger Vitis
12-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Jim completely butchered this interview

1) Said Ryan had been in the NFl for 5 years..later corrected himself by saying 6 years
2) Said the bills were 3-11 corrected himself
3) Said Fitzpatrick scored a 49 on the Wonderlic when Ryans score on the Wonderlic was 48

Jeff1220
12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Jim completely butchered this interview

1) Said Ryan had been in the NFl for 5 years..later corrected himself by saying 6 years
2) Said the bills were 3-11 corrected himself
3) Said Fitzpatrick scored a 49 on the Wonderlic when Ryans score on the Wonderlic was 48

Since when does the media have to be accountable for using facts? :yap:

hammerbillsfan
12-14-2010, 02:02 PM
I loved seeing Jim Rome get beat up my Jim Everett

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOVxitMy47c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOVxitMy47c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DraftBoy
12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Im sorry but Rome is horrendous, almost always ill prepared for interviews unless its a premium start player and his "burn" segments are weak and perdictable. He needs a new shtick.

Mr. Miyagi
12-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I bet you won't call me Chris again.

BillsOwnAll
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I bet you won't call me Chris again.
.....chris :snicker:

Mr. Pink
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't understand how Rome is even still on the air.

It certainly isn't for his sports knowledge.

Prov401
12-14-2010, 05:07 PM
lol... Why was he calling him Chris to begin with?

Mr. Pink
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM

If memory serves me right Rome thought it was a humorous way of calling Jim Everett's toughness into question by calling him Chris, after the tennis player Chris Evert.

Novacane
12-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Can't stand Rome. To bad Everett did not strangle him to death.

Oaf
12-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Can't stand Rome. To bad Everett did not strangle him to death.
I think Rome did a great job standing up to Chris.

Just goes to show ya what a polarizing figure he is (which is likely his intention).

Ginger Vitis
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
almost always ill prepared for interviews unless its a premium start player

Bingo..Yesterday when Rome interviewed Brian Westbrook..Westbrook complained that he hadn't been on the show in awhile.. I guess when Westbrook was out recovering from his injuries Rome didn't give a crap about him..Now Westbrook is getting lots of playing time in SF and made a huge play in the 49ers win against the Seahawks Rome has him back on the show

SaviorEdwards
12-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Bingo..Yesterday when Rome interviewed Brian Westbrook..Westbrook complained that he hadn't been on the show in awhile.. I guess when Westbrook was out recovering from his injuries Rome didn't give a crap about him..Now Westbrook is getting lots of playing time in SF and made a huge play in the 49ers win against the Seahawks Rome has him back on the show

??? Is it his job to 'care' about athletes and put on players who aren't performing? If it was, he would have the Bills on every day of the week. :fattony:

Jeff1220
12-15-2010, 06:14 AM
The thing that drives me nuts about Rome is his use of standard slang catch phrases that should sound fairly natural, but just come across as completely scripted when he says them.
"What. is. up?"
"I. am. out"
etc

BuffaloBlitz83
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
I think Rome did a great job standing up to Chris.

Just goes to show ya what a polarizing figure he is (which is likely his intention).

Standing up to him? He was screaming for help. Are you being sarcastic. Rome is a pussy *****

seanbillsfan
12-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Jim Everett was a b***h. Have you seen the "phantom sack"? Hilarious, worse than the Favre-Strahan sack

Beebe's Kid
12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
The thing that drives me nuts about Rome is his use of standard slang catch phrases that should sound fairly natural, but just come across as completely scripted when he says them.
"What. is. up?"
"I. am. out"
etc

That is intentional. Whether you like him or not, the dude is smooth, and is an excellent public speaker.

I happen to think he is hilarious, but I see how he would rub people the wrong way...that's part of why I like him.

I think it is funny that every time his name comes up, people bring up the "Chris" Everett thing from a million years ago, then proceed to talk about why they don't like him, but can quote all kinds of things he says...

If you don't like him, don't listen. I think Cowherd is unlistenable, so I don't listen. I have music play from 10:00 to 12:00.

Beebe's Kid
12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Standing up to him? He was screaming for help. Are you being sarcastic. Rome is a pussy *****

Little Alvie would ***** smack you. "Dude, dude, no, dude."

billsfanryan
12-15-2010, 09:11 AM
It took me about 4 weeks of listening to Rome before i started liking it. I hated him so bad i used to ***** to my girlfriend about him being on the radio while i was driving to work. Then i heard stephen a. smith one morning... That's when i started to like jim rome

Ingtar33
12-15-2010, 08:19 PM

Christine "Chris" Evert was a great female tennis player... he was calling Jim Everett out for being a pussy who was always hurt (he was always hurt, and he was a coward on the field, so this wasn't far off the mark)... of course calling a football player a "girl" apparently is what passes for wit in Jim Rome's world.

what made it even funnier was how Jim Everett still took a swing at him... all 5' nothing of jim rome, vs all 6'6" jim everett... of course everett laid him out, but he was a pussy to let that insult tick him off, and proved he was an even smaller man then the little troll rome.

Electrici
12-15-2010, 09:02 PM
So.. Rome is a 'pussy *****' because he didn't fight his GUEST on his show? Both guys were in the wrong, Rome for antagonizing his guest, and Everett for trying to fight like they were in middle school.

I don't think inviting a guest onto your show and ending it by throwing punches at said guest is anyway to conduct a sports talk show.

It was entertaining at least, but its not like it was going to turn into a UFC match.

Ginger Vitis
12-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Jim repeats himself too much.. If someone in the world of sports or one of his callers says something he finds amusing he will replay it back over and over again 20 times beating a dead horse..I like Cowherds show better than Rome but Cowherd repeats himself as well..Both Rome and Cowherd should scale back there programs from 3 hours to 2 hours..

mrbojanglezs
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
did you guys know that it goes silent in the video because he starts screaming like a girl for help? lol you need to find an unedited one

Electrici
12-16-2010, 06:34 PM
That "unedited" one is actually edited so it sounds that way. Its supposed to be a joke.

paranoid
12-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't understand how Rome is even still on the air.

It certainly isn't for his sports knowledge.

Maybe people love those 24 second gaps of dead air between his sentences.

Dr. Pepper
12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
That is intentional. Whether you like him or not, the dude is smooth, and is an excellent public speaker.

I happen to think he is hilarious, but I see how he would rub people the wrong way...that's part of why I like him.

I think it is funny that every time his name comes up, people bring up the "Chris" Everett thing from a million years ago, then proceed to talk about why they don't like him, but can quote all kinds of things he says...

If you don't like him, don't listen. I think Cowherd is unlistenable, so I don't listen. I have music play from 10:00 to 12:00.

my thoughts exactly. love rome, HATE cowherd. i listen to wgr when im in the car unless a) cowherd is on or b) jeremy white is rambling on about how his opinion is right and everyone elses is wrong.