PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice Scott Chandler played a lot?

homeslice5484
12-14-2010, 12:45 PM
The new TE played a lot last week and we targeted him in the redzone. He has the same size as Nelson who just went on IR.

We got him after signing Mike Caussin who is inactive.

bigbub2352
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
yes i did and i liked what i saw he was a beast in the run game...this is a guy i wanted the bills to draft i am glad we are so active on the waiver wite this year and signing former picks instead of has been bums like in previous years...at least the jury is still out on these prospects

also adding size and strength to your depth never hurts...was so sick of the undersized players we brought in the last 4 years

Dr. Taylor Zaius
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Chandler is a good player. Nice pick up.:D :D :D :D :D

JCBills
12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
6'7'' 272 Lbs, basically an extra tackle in the run game. I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game, but if he can catch that's just a bonus. I like our TEs, all of them are young. Stupar tears up preseason, would like to see him get more involved like he did this past week. Nelson has been iffy, but his athleticism and speed are freakish.

Goobylal
12-14-2010, 09:06 PM
6'7'' 272 Lbs, basically an extra tackle in the run game. I didn't get a chance to watch much of the game, but if he can catch that's just a bonus. I like our TEs, all of them are young. Stupar tears up preseason, would like to see him get more involved like he did this past week. Nelson has been iffy, but his athleticism and speed are freakish.
Chandler is 2nd all-time in reception for a TE at Iowa. So he's got to have some receiving skills. Hopefully they work him more into the passing game.

And good to hear he's an excellent run blocker. The Bills have needed one of those for awhile.

justasportsfan
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
this link says the pros coming out of college is his ability to catch and cons is his blocking and yet in the NFL he's had opposite results

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2611356

Goobylal
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
this link says the pros coming out of college is his ability to catch and cons is his blocking and yet in the NFL he's had opposite results

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2611356
I wonder if it was a matter of not getting enough opportunities, or if he showed to be a poor receiver in practices. Again, he was 2nd all-time for TE's at Iowa.

Ickybaluky
12-15-2010, 07:37 AM
It is hard to imagine Chandler being anything more than a warm body. He is on his 4th team in 4 years, and has been cut 5 times.

Goobylal
12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
It is hard to imagine Chandler being anything more than a warm body. He is on his 4th team in 4 years, and has been cut 5 times.
Doesn't matter. If he performs at his duties, he stays.