PDA

View Full Version : A Bills fan covering the Patriots

T-Long
12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
My editor wanted me to do a piece on being a Bills fan who covers the Patriots. Let me know what you think!

Full Article (http://www.thefanhub.com/442/boston/patriots/the-2010-new-england-patriots-even-bills-fans-can-marvel.html)

BillyT92679
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Interesting article.

I've never hated the Pats as much as the Jets or Fish. Being born in the 70s and growing up in the 80s and 90s, Miami is far and away the most hated team (Though coincidentally the year i got into football was 1985, the AFC Champs that year was the Pats) for me. They represent all that isn't upstate NY... hot, sunny, demographically growing, prosperous. I hate the Jets because of their arrogance and fans. Plus, though they play in Jersey, they are another "NY" team (never hated the Giants as much as them) from the City, a place that Upstaters have always had a love-hate relationship with.

The Colts were irrelevant for the longest time, and the Pats were bad.

Spiderweb
12-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Interesting article.

I've never hated the Pats as much as the Jets or Fish. Being born in the 70s and growing up in the 80s and 90s, Miami is far and away the most hated team (Though coincidentally the year i got into football was 1985, the AFC Champs that year was the Pats) for me. They represent all that isn't upstate NY... hot, sunny, demographically growing, prosperous. I hate the Jets because of their arrogance and fans. Plus, though they play in Jersey, they are another "NY" team (never hated the Giants as much as them) from the City, a place that Upstaters have always had a love-hate relationship with.

The Colts were irrelevant for the longest time, and the Pats were bad.

I can remember as well, those Colts, Pats games that we put a W automatically on the board, with few surprises. Now, the Colts seem to be breaking down, while the Pats just keep on rolling along. Jets are tough, dirty, and mimic that fat piece of dung they call their HC, but good well implode at any time.

I never enjoyed a Dolphins win more than I did this past Sunday. The Jets and the Pats (with respect) are the two teams I dislike the most these days. Dolphins are third......

The King
12-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Living here I cant stand the Pats... and their fanbase might be even worse. That being said I could evaluate the crap out of this team. They're playing the type of football that psyches teams out. Much like what they did earlier this decade. Teams get away from what they're good at to try and beat the Pats on their weaknesses. It just doesnt work.

Joe Fo Sho
12-14-2010, 04:54 PM
You were too nice, stop that.

trapezeus
12-14-2010, 06:05 PM
why would they make you write something on the pats? must everyone submit to caring about the pats. is this what espn is turning the world into?

I grew up in the 80's and hated the dolphins because that was my earliest football memories. but this crap with the patriots tastes so much worse. the dolphins lost all those meaningful games to us which made it enjoyable. these pats teams are so unmemorable, yet they keep winning. and the hype associated with it is maddening. they are making me mental.

DrGraves
12-14-2010, 06:17 PM
ef the pats.

T-Long
12-14-2010, 06:24 PM
why would they make you write something on the pats? must everyone submit to caring about the pats. is this what espn is turning the world into?

I grew up in the 80's and hated the dolphins because that was my earliest football memories. but this crap with the patriots tastes so much worse. the dolphins lost all those meaningful games to us which made it enjoyable. these pats teams are so unmemorable, yet they keep winning. and the hype associated with it is maddening. they are making me mental.
I had to write about them when they faced the Jets and Chicago, that's where he got the idea from knowing I am a Bills fan. And what do you mean by ESPN?

YardRat
12-14-2010, 07:31 PM
**** the Pats, until we play them. This is Miami week, you should be writing articles on squishing the fish.

T-Long
12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
**** the Pats, until we play them. This is Miami week, you should be writing articles on squishing the fish.
That's for the NFL.com Blog Blitz, not for this site. I'll have my stuff for them up soon for you guys to check out

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 09:18 AM
I had to write about them when they faced the Jets and Chicago, that's where he got the idea from knowing I am a Bills fan. And what do you mean by ESPN?

i blame espn for the rise of the dormant pats fan. the nonstop coverage. the glowing accolades. I really don't remember this kind of treatment during the bills glory years.