X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Rookies to pick up slack for Evans

The rookie receivers largely credit Fitzpatrick for making their increased roles in the offense that much easier to handle as the season has gone on. Spending one-on-one time with them in the film room has helped to avoid a drop off in the passing game.

He takes his guys and he sits them down. A couple of weeks ago we sat in the meeting room for an hour, just the two of us,” said Nelson. “We watched film from the Minnesota game and he would give me a play and the coverage and ask me how I’d run that route against a certain coverage. He just wanted to know where I was going to be so he would know exactly where he’d put the ball. He wanted to get inside my head to see how I’d run certain routes.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Rookies to pick up slack for Evans

Fitz is da man!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Once again, its better to have a cerebral QB who works hard than a rocket armed idiot who couldnt read a defense if it was in a childrens pop-up book.

Comment

• zone
        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        Once again, its better to have a cerebral QB who works hard than a rocket armed idiot who couldnt read a defense if it was in a childrens pop-up book.
        aka JP Lossman.
        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
          • Mar 2004

I'ma big fan of Davone Bess, a guy who has went from being a undrafted free agent to gaining a lucartive 3 year contract for putting in hard work. Even though they play for the Bills, I'm still a fan of the underdog and it's awesome seeing those two receivers playing beyond their draft spot.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Our 4 receiver sets will feature a 7th round pick and 3 rookie UDFAs. And I think they'll do well. I'm particularly interested to see if Roosevelt gets some balls thrown his way.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

There shouldn't really be much slack to even pick up.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

so our rookies are going to have to just sprint down the field aimlessly and drop one pass a game, fumble in the redzone, and be a total nonthreat while being the best first round pick we've had in 10 years? ok. I'm sure a couple rookies are excited to give up their productive route running, getting open, and being a factor to be like Lee Evans.

I'm slowly getting over evans. if the bills offense operates the same without him, then we know he's a gigantic dud like everyone else in the first round. If they can't find anyone open, then we know the whole double coverage thing is legitimate. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  so our rookies are going to have to just sprint down the field aimlessly and drop one pass a game, fumble in the redzone, and be a total nonthreat while being the best first round pick we've had in 10 years? ok. I'm sure a couple rookies are excited to give up their productive route running, getting open, and being a factor to be like Lee Evans.

I'm slowly getting over evans. if the bills offense operates the same without him, then we know he's a gigantic dud like everyone else in the first round. If they can't find anyone open, then we know the whole double coverage thing is legitimate. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

this will be the story for the next couple weeks or the last 3 games if Evans stays out.

its what I will be keeping an eye on. It's been quite awesome watching lots of our your WR's actually produce this year.

Comment

• T-Long
                    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                    • Sep 2003

Just did an article about this on the Blog Blitz, I'll post the link as soon as it's published

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

Just a thought...aside from Evans, who are the last holdovers on the team from the Donohoe years?

Kelsay and McGee?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I think we start going with our TE's now that Lee is gone.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                          • Dec 2004

I somehow can't picture Losman and Edwards putting in this extra work. It's really amazing what Fitz has done with this group of receivers. Sort of similar to what Rivers has done in San Diego with all of their injuries. Compare the receivers Fitz and Rivers have to Sanchize. Sanchize does so little with so much talent.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Sanchez's talent isn't exactly helping him out either. They are dropping a ton of passes.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                              Just a thought...aside from Evans, who are the last holdovers on the team from the Donohoe years?

Kelsay and McGee?
                              Parrish, Wilson, Moorman and Lindell.
                              Last edited by TrEd FTW; 12-15-2010, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X