PDA

View Full Version : Rookies to pick up slack for Evans

justasportsfan
12-15-2010, 10:45 AM
The rookie receivers largely credit Fitzpatrick for making their increased roles in the offense that much easier to handle as the season has gone on. Spending one-on-one time with them in the film room has helped to avoid a drop off in the passing game.

“He takes his guys and he sits them down. A couple of weeks ago we sat in the meeting room for an hour, just the two of us,” said Nelson. “We watched film from the Minnesota game and he would give me a play and the coverage and ask me how I’d run that route against a certain coverage. He just wanted to know where I was going to be so he would know exactly where he’d put the ball. He wanted to get inside my head to see how I’d run certain routes.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Rookies-to-pick-up-slack-for-Evans/1be47c5e-aabf-49e5-aebe-6885e25e3968

alohabillsfan
12-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Fitz is da man!

Pinkerton Security
12-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Once again, its better to have a cerebral QB who works hard than a rocket armed idiot who couldnt read a defense if it was in a childrens pop-up book.

zone
12-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Once again, its better to have a cerebral QB who works hard than a rocket armed idiot who couldnt read a defense if it was in a childrens pop-up book.
aka JP Lossman.

!Papacrunk!
12-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'ma big fan of Davone Bess, a guy who has went from being a undrafted free agent to gaining a lucartive 3 year contract for putting in hard work. Even though they play for the Bills, I'm still a fan of the underdog and it's awesome seeing those two receivers playing beyond their draft spot.

Jan Reimers
12-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Our 4 receiver sets will feature a 7th round pick and 3 rookie UDFAs. And I think they'll do well. I'm particularly interested to see if Roosevelt gets some balls thrown his way.

Historian
12-15-2010, 12:50 PM
There shouldn't really be much slack to even pick up.

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 12:54 PM
so our rookies are going to have to just sprint down the field aimlessly and drop one pass a game, fumble in the redzone, and be a total nonthreat while being the best first round pick we've had in 10 years? ok. I'm sure a couple rookies are excited to give up their productive route running, getting open, and being a factor to be like Lee Evans.

I'm slowly getting over evans. if the bills offense operates the same without him, then we know he's a gigantic dud like everyone else in the first round. If they can't find anyone open, then we know the whole double coverage thing is legitimate. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

ddaryl
12-15-2010, 01:14 PM
so our rookies are going to have to just sprint down the field aimlessly and drop one pass a game, fumble in the redzone, and be a total nonthreat while being the best first round pick we've had in 10 years? ok. I'm sure a couple rookies are excited to give up their productive route running, getting open, and being a factor to be like Lee Evans.

I'm slowly getting over evans. if the bills offense operates the same without him, then we know he's a gigantic dud like everyone else in the first round. If they can't find anyone open, then we know the whole double coverage thing is legitimate. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

this will be the story for the next couple weeks or the last 3 games if Evans stays out.

its what I will be keeping an eye on. It's been quite awesome watching lots of our your WR's actually produce this year.

T-Long
12-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Just did an article about this on the Blog Blitz, I'll post the link as soon as it's published

Jeff1220
12-15-2010, 01:35 PM

Just a thought...aside from Evans, who are the last holdovers on the team from the Donohoe years?

Kelsay and McGee?

justasportsfan
12-15-2010, 01:37 PM

I think we start going with our TE's now that Lee is gone.

TheBrownBear
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I somehow can't picture Losman and Edwards putting in this extra work. It's really amazing what Fitz has done with this group of receivers. Sort of similar to what Rivers has done in San Diego with all of their injuries. Compare the receivers Fitz and Rivers have to Sanchize. Sanchize does so little with so much talent.

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Sanchez's talent isn't exactly helping him out either. They are dropping a ton of passes.

TrEd FTW
12-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Just a thought...aside from Evans, who are the last holdovers on the team from the Donohoe years?

Kelsay and McGee?
Parrish, Wilson, Moorman and Lindell.

RoscoeMagic
12-15-2010, 04:18 PM

Kelsay and McGee?

George Wilson, even though he was a WR I think lingering on the PS most of the time. And Donahoe drafted Parrish too right? I think that'd be it, aside from Lindell and Moorman of course.

Extremebillsfan247
12-16-2010, 04:28 PM
The rookie receivers largely credit Fitzpatrick for making their increased roles in the offense that much easier to handle as the season has gone on. Spending one-on-one time with them in the film room has helped to avoid a drop off in the passing game.

“He takes his guys and he sits them down. A couple of weeks ago we sat in the meeting room for an hour, just the two of us,” said Nelson. “We watched film from the Minnesota game and he would give me a play and the coverage and ask me how I’d run that route against a certain coverage. He just wanted to know where I was going to be so he would know exactly where he’d put the ball. He wanted to get inside my head to see how I’d run certain routes.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Rookies-to-pick-up-slack-for-Evans/1be47c5e-aabf-49e5-aebe-6885e25e3968 Combining a Harvard IQ with starting QB can do that for you I guess. lol