X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

TE role more prominent?

“I think it’s different week in and week out,” Gailey said. ”We have different packages in for the tight ends each week. Obviously Stupar made a couple of big plays for us last week, one in particular right before half. The guys have played their role pretty well. We just haven’t asked a lot of them. We haven’t done a lot with them.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: TE role more prominent?

Seems strange, now that Nelson - our best receiver at TE is out - but Stupar did a good job catching it last week, and Chandler looked good blocking.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

You mean...they change the gameplan each week? Astonishing! What's next? Maybe we could use electronic equipment to relay the plays from the coordinators to the quarterback?
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• dog14787
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        Seems strange, now that Nelson - our best receiver at TE is out - but Stupar did a good job catching it last week, and Chandler looked good blocking.

Jonathan Stupar also has real good pass catching skills in my opinion.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

With how much we use the spread I'm not surprised that we haven't used the TE as much. Really the only receiving style TE is Nelson and with his injuries, I won't be surprised to see us go after another receiving threat at TE. DJ Williams is someone that I'd really like in that role.

Comment

Working...
          X