PDA

View Full Version : TE role more prominent?

justasportsfan
12-15-2010, 12:09 PM
“I think it’s different week in and week out,” Gailey said. ”We have different packages in for the tight ends each week. Obviously Stupar made a couple of big plays for us last week, one in particular right before half. The guys have played their role pretty well. We just haven’t asked a lot of them. We haven’t done a lot with them.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/15/te-role-more-prominent/

Jan Reimers
12-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Seems strange, now that Nelson - our best receiver at TE is out - but Stupar did a good job catching it last week, and Chandler looked good blocking.

psubills62
12-15-2010, 12:27 PM
You mean...they change the gameplan each week? Astonishing! What's next? Maybe we could use electronic equipment to relay the plays from the coordinators to the quarterback?

Figster
12-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Seems strange, now that Nelson - our best receiver at TE is out - but Stupar did a good job catching it last week, and Chandler looked good blocking.

Jonathan Stupar also has real good pass catching skills in my opinion.

X-Era
12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
With how much we use the spread I'm not surprised that we haven't used the TE as much. Really the only receiving style TE is Nelson and with his injuries, I won't be surprised to see us go after another receiving threat at TE. DJ Williams is someone that I'd really like in that role.