PDA

View Full Version : redskins looking at Grossman again

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Well, the shanahan father/son team continue to help implode the redskins. I was never high on him during last year's "search for a big name". The rumor is that they are thinking about starting grossman over mcnabb this week.

The questions i pose to you guys are two fold:
1. does this pretty much ensure the team gets rid of donovan next year?
2. Does an owner who's been happy to trade away his drafts for a big splash start talking to the top 5 to try to get cam newton? If so, we do you think is the going rate to move your top five pick? What do you ask for in return?

I think the redskins could very easily not win a game for the rest of the season. We'd literally be trading back a few spots. it might be a good deal.

RoscoeMagic
12-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Didn't McNabb lead the team back in the final minute only to get screwed by a muffed XP? Grossman shouldn't be a starter, he's not even a great backup. Even if the Redskins draft a QB (which is probably likely to groom a guy with Shanahan), he would still sit a year behind Donovan I would think.

If they wanna move to our spot to grab him, great, trade back a couple spots and stock up extra picks.

trapezeus
12-15-2010, 04:33 PM
if they wanted a guy behind mcnabb through a draft acquisition, why play this idiotic game of surfacing grossman's name to the starting position?

It just seems like the shanahans are so insulted that despite the fact they pinned his last benching on inability to lead a two minute drill, he ran a two minute drill for a score.

RoscoeMagic
12-15-2010, 04:37 PM
if they wanted a guy behind mcnabb through a draft acquisition, why play this idiotic game of surfacing grossman's name to the starting position?

It just seems like the shanahans are so insulted that despite the fact they pinned his last benching on inability to lead a two minute drill, he ran a two minute drill for a score.

I have no idea. To motivate Donovan? He played real well last week I thought. Why would they extend him if they are gonna change their mind 5 weeks later?

TrEd FTW
12-15-2010, 04:40 PM
What a cluster**** the Redskins are. I was on the Shanahan bandwagon last winter, but now I'm really glad he didn't come here with Bruce Allen and McNabb. Those three aren't going to fix the Redskins.

Mr. Miyagi
12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Shanahan has totally lost it.

better days
12-15-2010, 05:15 PM
What a cluster**** the Redskins are. I was on the Shanahan bandwagon last winter, but now I'm really glad he didn't come here with Bruce Allen and McNabb. Those three aren't going to fix the Redskins.

I am happy the Bills did not get either Shannahan or McNabb but Bruce Allen is a good GM.

better days
12-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, the shanahan father/son team continue to help implode the redskins. I was never high on him during last year's "search for a big name". The rumor is that they are thinking about starting grossman over mcnabb this week.

The questions i pose to you guys are two fold:
2. Does an owner who's been happy to trade away his drafts for a big splash start talking to the top 5 to try to get cam newton? If so, we do you think is the going rate to move your top five pick? What do you ask for in return?

I think the redskins could very easily not win a game for the rest of the season. We'd literally be trading back a few spots. it might be a good deal.

I very highly doubt Newton is drafted in the top 10.

elltrain22
12-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Shanahan has totally lost it.
He really has. I can't believe I ever was totally on board for having this guy as our next HC. In retrospect, I would much rather have Gailey than Shanahan.

tampabay25690
12-15-2010, 06:03 PM
I very highly doubt Newton is drafted in the top 10.

Newton will be drafted no later then 15th.....

YardRat
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
If Newton's title game is anything even remotely similar to the rest of his season and Auburn wins the championship I guarantee he'll go top 10, maybe even top 5.

1. No. He'll be there in '11.
2. Depends on what Shanny tells him. I could see Mike trying to convince Dan that Cam is a bigger, better version of Elway. Assuming the draft were today and the positions were set, it would take swapping the first, a third, and a fourth. Personally, I'd try and rape Snyder for his first and second this year, and a second next year (assuming Washington has those picks).

Mr. Pink
12-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Didn't the Redskins just sign McNabb to a lengthy extension?

I fail to see how this has any effect on the Bills.

Saratoga Slim
12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Didn't the Redskins just sign McNabb to a lengthy extension?

I fail to see how this has any effect on the Bills.

I think what this thread is suggesting is that Washington now appears to be a team that is not at all committed to McNabb as their franchise guy. And moreover, that their front office is the type of outfit that might get itself interested in trading away some picks to move up into the Bills' draft pick area to get one of the top QB prospects.

I'm not sure I buy it. But, with the Redskins, I suppose absolutely anything is possible.

Stewie
12-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Told you guys washington was a bigger joke of a franchise than buffalo.

Ingtar33
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
When Shanahan signed with Washington i remember writing in frustration here that apparently he'd rather be the next ex-redskins coach in 2 years then the bills coach for the next 5...

TrEd FTW
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I am happy the Bills did not get either Shannahan or McNabb but Bruce Allen is a good GM.

Not really. Look at Allen's draft picks from his tenure as Tampa's GM. He is awful.

Beebe's Kid
12-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Shanahan is an egotistical maniac. He drove Denver into the ground with his "genius," and now he is blowing the Redskins to pieces. I thought it would be a good idea, for about 30 seconds last year, then I did some reading on the guy, and took a much closer look at his Denver resume, minus Elway....that was when I changed my mind.

I definitely don't care that I was on the right track, but I think that a quick look at how his tenure in Denver came to an end and what is going on in DC, and you'll see his biggest problem is himself.

I watched a recap of the 98 Broncos the other night on the NFL Network, and he really just came off as a pompous ass, even then, when he was on top of the world. He and Snyder deserve each other.

McNabb will probably be in DC next year, but Newton could be an attractive option for Shanny. To convince that he is a bigger, better Elway is blasphemous. Elway is truly one of the all time greats, let Cam make it to a fist-full of Super Bowls, and win a few before you even start the comparison, and hold off all together on the "bigger, better."

I guess I don't "know" what everybody else does about Newton, but if I had to guess...there is no way a player that dynamic and athletic EVER gets past Al Davis. Not a chance in hell, so the Raiders, and where they pick is the absolute latest. I will reserve an opinion until after the NC game. I won't say we shouldn't take him yet, or that we should for that matter.

Trap, I think that if there is some sort of inside intel, and Chan and Buddy might have a feeling that Fitzy can be our QB, which is in direct contrast to what so many fans "know," it could net us some serious return to trade that pick. The only problem is that we are a target for somebody to move in front of us, so whoever gets the pick prior to the Bills might win out.

Boy, April seems like it is a year away, doesn't it?

Nighthawk
12-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Are people still seriously on the "Fitz is our QB" wagon? Really?

trapezeus
12-16-2010, 08:24 AM
Are people still seriously on the "Fitz is our QB" wagon? Really?

I fail to see how this thread gets you to "fitz is our QB" bandwagon.

as for mcnabb's deal, i heard that it's really only worth like $2MM in guaranteed money. washington has the option to give him another 10 in March. it had to do with the CBA. They didn't want to pay him if there is no season.

As a result, the team could walk away from him for very little.

Jan Reimers
12-16-2010, 09:32 AM
The Redskins, under Snyder, have been one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL. The addition of the egomaniacal Shanahan has made an already bad situation far worse.

McNabb now finds himself playing for a team with little talent and no chemistry, yet has to take a lot of blame from Shanahan.

Rex Grossman over Donavan McNabb? That shows how absolutely clueless this franchise has become.

Luisito23
12-16-2010, 09:42 AM
He's an idiot who always gets it wrong, but at least Snyder tries.

justasportsfan
12-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Didn't like Shanahan after watch him drag the Broncos down. Maurice Clarrett. Really?

trapezeus
12-16-2010, 10:47 AM
The sad thing is that as poorly as the redskins are run, we seem to have had a run there under marv/GM by committee, where we would pick up their free agents, and they'd pick up ours.

I hope we don't go fishing in the DC waters for any more football players. I got all the derrick dockeries/Robert Royals/and the safety that never played a down for us (matt something).

Oldbillsfan
12-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Wonder if McNabb wishes he came to Buffalo now, away from Shanahan and his coddled son's genius offensive game plans.

better days
12-16-2010, 11:21 AM
He's an idiot who always gets it wrong, but at least Snyder tries.

His team would be much better off if he left football matters to people that know football. Snyder is a rich guy playing Madden with real people, & not very well at that.

RockStar36
12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Although McNabb signed the extension, it was widely reported that the Redskins could cheaply void it so the deal wasn't what it appeared on the surface.

But this has no effect on the Bills. Besides making people like myself thankful that they didn't hire Shannahan or trade for McNabb.

trapezeus
12-16-2010, 11:38 AM
i still think this has an impact for the bills. yes they were lucky to not get mcnabb, or shanahan. but i think synder keeps meddling and pushes the panic button to trade up. i dont think the redskins are finishing ahead of the bills at this point. Which means, the bills might be one of those teams that can screw the redskins.

and if its not the bills, someone in the top five is getting a killer boatload of picks.

Nighthawk
12-16-2010, 12:05 PM
I fail to see how this thread gets you to "fitz is our QB" bandwagon.

as for mcnabb's deal, i heard that it's really only worth like $2MM in guaranteed money. washington has the option to give him another 10 in March. it had to do with the CBA. They didn't want to pay him if there is no season.

As a result, the team could walk away from him for very little.

Read every post carefully...you'll get it.

Nighthawk
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Although McNabb signed the extension, it was widely reported that the Redskins could cheaply void it so the deal wasn't what it appeared on the surface.

But this has no effect on the Bills. Besides making people like myself thankful that they didn't hire Shannahan or trade for McNabb.

I agree, McNabb has nothing to do with Buffalo, nor will he ever have anything to do with the Bills.

trapezeus
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
ok, i guess i see it. it presupposes that fitz is good enough for next year.

i get the desire to get a qb, but i also think if you weighted the bills problems, QB can be waited on for one more year. i don't think one draft of studs fixes everything. i still think we are a team on the cusp at that point. They can still get a good QB the following year and have some seasoned offensive adn defensive people working it.

Night Train
12-17-2010, 05:10 AM
It's obvious the guy was a product of 1 player, John Elway.. ( who could have made Dick Jauron look good )

HAMMER
12-17-2010, 12:14 PM
McNabb is done in Washington, benched, named 3rd QB for remainder of season. Shanahan's presser was pretty clear in it's ambiguity, McNabb is done there.

trapezeus
12-17-2010, 12:17 PM
i think that what snyder has done to the team is awful. Now it definitely is offensive to native americans. Make them the DC Synder/shanahans. Pump up their ego some more.