• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

redskins looking at Grossman again

Well, the shanahan father/son team continue to help implode the redskins. I was never high on him during last year's "search for a big name". The rumor is that they are thinking about starting grossman over mcnabb this week.

The questions i pose to you guys are two fold:
    1. does this pretty much ensure the team gets rid of donovan next year?
    2. Does an owner who's been happy to trade away his drafts for a big splash start talking to the top 5 to try to get cam newton? If so, we do you think is the going rate to move your top five pick? What do you ask for in return?

I think the redskins could very easily not win a game for the rest of the season. We'd literally be trading back a few spots. it might be a good deal.
  • RoscoeMagic
    • Aug 2008

Re: redskins looking at Grossman again

Didn't McNabb lead the team back in the final minute only to get screwed by a muffed XP? Grossman shouldn't be a starter, he's not even a great backup. Even if the Redskins draft a QB (which is probably likely to groom a guy with Shanahan), he would still sit a year behind Donovan I would think.

If they wanna move to our spot to grab him, great, trade back a couple spots and stock up extra picks.
    Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

if they wanted a guy behind mcnabb through a draft acquisition, why play this idiotic game of surfacing grossman's name to the starting position?

It just seems like the shanahans are so insulted that despite the fact they pinned his last benching on inability to lead a two minute drill, he ran a two minute drill for a score.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trapezeus
        if they wanted a guy behind mcnabb through a draft acquisition, why play this idiotic game of surfacing grossman's name to the starting position?

It just seems like the shanahans are so insulted that despite the fact they pinned his last benching on inability to lead a two minute drill, he ran a two minute drill for a score.
        I have no idea. To motivate Donovan? He played real well last week I thought. Why would they extend him if they are gonna change their mind 5 weeks later?
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
          • Sep 2008

What a cluster**** the Redskins are. I was on the Shanahan bandwagon last winter, but now I'm really glad he didn't come here with Bruce Allen and McNabb. Those three aren't going to fix the Redskins.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Shanahan has totally lost it.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TrEd FTW
              What a cluster**** the Redskins are. I was on the Shanahan bandwagon last winter, but now I'm really glad he didn't come here with Bruce Allen and McNabb. Those three aren't going to fix the Redskins.
              I am happy the Bills did not get either Shannahan or McNabb but Bruce Allen is a good GM.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                Well, the shanahan father/son team continue to help implode the redskins. I was never high on him during last year's "search for a big name". The rumor is that they are thinking about starting grossman over mcnabb this week.

The questions i pose to you guys are two fold:
                2. Does an owner who's been happy to trade away his drafts for a big splash start talking to the top 5 to try to get cam newton? If so, we do you think is the going rate to move your top five pick? What do you ask for in return?

I think the redskins could very easily not win a game for the rest of the season. We'd literally be trading back a few spots. it might be a good deal.
                I very highly doubt Newton is drafted in the top 10.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Shanahan has totally lost it.
                  He really has. I can't believe I ever was totally on board for having this guy as our next HC. In retrospect, I would much rather have Gailey than Shanahan.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by better days
                    I very highly doubt Newton is drafted in the top 10.
                    Newton will be drafted no later then 15th.....
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

If Newton's title game is anything even remotely similar to the rest of his season and Auburn wins the championship I guarantee he'll go top 10, maybe even top 5.

1. No. He'll be there in '11.
                      2. Depends on what Shanny tells him. I could see Mike trying to convince Dan that Cam is a bigger, better version of Elway. Assuming the draft were today and the positions were set, it would take swapping the first, a third, and a fourth. Personally, I'd try and rape Snyder for his first and second this year, and a second next year (assuming Washington has those picks).
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Didn't the Redskins just sign McNabb to a lengthy extension?

I fail to see how this has any effect on the Bills.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                          Didn't the Redskins just sign McNabb to a lengthy extension?

I fail to see how this has any effect on the Bills.
                          I think what this thread is suggesting is that Washington now appears to be a team that is not at all committed to McNabb as their franchise guy. And moreover, that their front office is the type of outfit that might get itself interested in trading away some picks to move up into the Bills' draft pick area to get one of the top QB prospects.

I'm not sure I buy it. But, with the Redskins, I suppose absolutely anything is possible.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Stewie
                            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                            • Aug 2002

Told you guys washington was a bigger joke of a franchise than buffalo.
                            Originally posted by Topdog
                            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            I love Weiner.
                            Originally posted by mercyrule
                            also cheese

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

When Shanahan signed with Washington i remember writing in frustration here that apparently he'd rather be the next ex-redskins coach in 2 years then the bills coach for the next 5...
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X