PDA

View Full Version : Tripgate: Zach Thomas and Steve Tasker

T-Long
12-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Clear here (http://www.thefanhub.com/455/new-york/jets/the-new-york-jets-and-tripgate-the-saga-continues-.html) for my latest article! This one on the "Tripgate" controversey

Agree with Zach Thomas? Agree with Steve Tasker? Leave your comments below!

mikemac2001
12-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Clear here (http://www.thefanhub.com/455/new-york/jets/the-new-york-jets-and-tripgate-the-saga-continues-.html) for my latest article! This one on the "Tripgate" controversey

Agree with Zach Thomas? Agree with Steve Tasker? Leave your comments below!

clear here?

Mike13
12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Meh, if it was a Fin tripping a Bill then Tasker would give be pissed.
The guy is an unapologetic Bills homer, which is expected obviously, the same goes for Zach so of course Zach is going to bash the Jets, although he was right about Alosi.

mikemac2001
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
The guy is an unapologetic Bills homer, which is expected obviously, the same goes for Zach so of course Zach is going to bash the Jets, although he was right about Alosi.

all tasker was doing was making a point on what he went through when he played. i didn't see him say the guy had the right to trip the phin i think its obvious that it showed no class. he was also right about a reaction have you ever made a reaction that you regretted.

Zach is also right its hard to be wrong on this situation unless you agree with the jets coach.

YardRat
12-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Jim Kelly, on his weekly radio show this AM, insinuated that the result was premeditated, and that's why the entire group was lined up how they were, and where they were.

Prov401
12-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Jim Kelly, on his weekly radio show this AM, insinuated that the result was premeditated, and that's why the entire group was lined up how they were, and where they were.

ESPN actually reported that Alosi did order the wall. TE Jeff Cumberland, who was in the line, actually said they have been instructed to form a wall all year long by Alosi. He's been suspended by the Jets indefinitely.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5922926

Ingtar33
12-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Zach thomas is 100% correct...

the player blocking the gunner just "happened" to shove him out of bound next to the wall of jets coaches... then stops blocking him? None of the jets coaches or players so much as budge a step, shy away or flinch?

you're ****ting me.

The only way THAT happens is if it's a designed play... with the Jets special teams coach involved...

The only reason THAT play happens is if
1) they plan to cheat and tie the player up in the jets sideline "accidently" to give the returner 1 less guy to worry about
2) they plan to injure that player in particular for some reason.

I believe it was 1... but putting that aside, from watching the play on you-tube it seems 100% intentional, scripted and set up, with the blocker, coaches and players all knowing it was happening and all playing a role in it.

Top it all off the jets have now suspended the jackass "indefinitely" because apparently someone talked in the dressing room and relieved that more people were involved...

This whole thing isn't over, and i hope for their sakes, that the motivation wasn't to injure that fish... but simply to **** with his coverage of the punt. if that was a plan to hurt him, everyone involved (including the players) should get a lifetime ban.

justasportsfan
12-15-2010, 08:14 PM
jets st coach said he never taught that. He wasn't involved.

Prov401
12-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Zach thomas is 100% correct...

the player blocking the gunner just "happened" to shove him out of bound next to the wall of jets coaches... then stops blocking him? None of the jets coaches or players so much as budge a set, shy away or flinch?

you're ****ting me.

The only way THAT happens is if it's a designed play... with the Jets special teams coach involved...

The only reason THAT play happens is if
1) they plan to cheat and tie the player up in the jets sideline "accidently" to give the returner 1 less guy to worry about
2) they plan to injure that player in particular for some reason.

I believe it was 1... but putting that aside, from watching the play on you-tube it seems 100% intentional, scripted and set up, with the blocker, coaches and players all knowing it was happening and all playing a role in it.

Top it all off the jets have now suspended the jackass "indefinitely" because apparently someone talked in the dressing room and relieved that more people were involved...

This whole thing isn't over, and i hope for their sakes, that the motivation wasn't to injure that fish... but simply to **** with his coverage of the punt. if that was a plan to hurt him, everyone involved (including the players) should get a lifetime ban.

I think Alosi just let frustration get the best of him, and he acted alone in trying to disrupt Nolan Carroll. The Jets got their asses handed to them by the Pats, and Miami was smacking around 'Sanchize', thus resulting in Alosi's admittedly DUMB actions. The Jets backup TE said Alosi has been instructing the players to form a wall all year long. And to be honest, I don't see how Rex Ryan didn't know anything about this wall 13 games into the season if what the TE says is true.

justasportsfan
12-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Westhoff said he doesn’t teach the technique and reviewed every return by the Jets this season with assistant special teams coordinator Ben Kotwica.

“For the most part,” Westhoff said, “we didn’t see it.”

Westhoff said he didn’t believe it when he first heard that players might have been ordered to stand together along the sideline.

“I was like, ‘Please, give me a break. The whole thing is ridiculous,”’ Westhoff said. “Then, when I saw it, I was like, ‘Whoa.’ You didn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see they were lined up.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-alosi&bcmt=6790594#mwpphu-comment-6790594

Ingtar33
12-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Westhoff said he doesn’t teach the technique and reviewed every return by the Jets this season with assistant special teams coordinator Ben Kotwica.

“For the most part,” Westhoff said, “we didn’t see it.”

Westhoff said he didn’t believe it when he first heard that players might have been ordered to stand together along the sideline.

“I was like, ‘Please, give me a break. The whole thing is ridiculous,”’ Westhoff said. “Then, when I saw it, I was like, ‘Whoa.’ You didn’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to see they were lined up.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-alosi&bcmt=6790594#mwpphu-comment-6790594

covering his ass... the blocker who shoved the gunner out of bounds acted like he knew what was going to happen and stopped following him. So what the ST coach is trying to make us believe is that his own players are now listening to other coaches on special teams plays?

bull****. if that happened on any sideline in the nfl, the coach doing the coaching of the unit wouldn't be long for the sidelines. Westhoff has been in the league far too long to not know this was happening under his nose.

this whole thing is fishy...

Beebe's Kid
12-15-2010, 09:04 PM
What? Are you getting a littler nervous about the game this weekend? Will you give be pissed if we "run up score" on you again this year?

:duel:parry and thrust.

Edit: Oh yeah, the topic... I am an unapologetic homer, and I disagree with Tasker. Thomas is right in this situation, which will probably be the one and only time I ever agree with a ****ing fish.

Oaf
12-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Hm! I actually like what Tasker had to say.

Novacane
12-16-2010, 05:16 AM
I don't have a problem with anything they did other than sticking the knee out to trip the guy.

Night Train
12-16-2010, 05:32 AM
It might be my imagination (probably is) but doesn't it look like the 2nd guy, immediately to the right of the ST's coach, was also moving his leg/knee out a bit ?

trapezeus
12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
the thing no one really talks about is that the dolphins were already penalized in the game for sprinting down the sidelines on a previous punt. I'm sure there was some machismo from the ST coach or players that were like, "let's show these guys not to go down our sideline" and of course Sal took it too far.

The stupid thing about this, is that the dolphins were penalized the last time they sprinted down the sideline without trying to get back on the field immediately. there was no need for this. the rules works as designed.

In the end, it was a stupid thing to do and sal's suspension in based on his own action of sticking out his knee. I don't think he needs to be branded as a bad guy. it's a one time thing. i'm sure the wall came from someone higher than sal. but the lesson has been learned. it's over. move on. i'm sure this won't happen again for a while based on the ****storm it created.

Oaf
12-16-2010, 01:03 PM
In the end, it was a stupid thing to do and sal's suspension in based on his own action of sticking out his knee. I don't think he needs to be branded as a bad guy. it's a one time thing. i'm sure the wall came from someone higher than sal. but the lesson has been learned.

That's what I'm thinking.