PDA

View Full Version : What Sparano thinks of the Bills

Static
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/tony-sparano-column-it-s-all-about-how-we-play

Q: You have stated the Bills are much improved over the team against which you opened the season. In what ways?

TS: Quarterback play is the big difference. Ryan Fitzpatrick makes yards in a lot of ways. He can run the football. He’s got 236 yards rushing. He does a tremendous job with his eyes looking off the safeties. He throws with great location. He can throw the deep ball. The runners are also a little different. When we played them the first time, we were preparing for a three-headed monster and they weren’t sure who to hang their hat on. You’re now dealing with Fred Jackson as the lead back and C.J. Spiller as the change-of-pace guy. On defense, they are playing with a lot more confidence. They are playing physical. I have a lot of respect for what they are doing.

Mr. Miyagi
12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Good to get some respect, but we're still gonna squish them.

dasaybz
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Sparano is a ****ing idiot. Can't he see that Fitz only has 3 wins on the year, and his arm is garbage?

Pfft, what does he know?

T-Long
12-17-2010, 12:41 PM
If you look back at opposing coaches who are playing the Bills, they praise them up and down, left and right. Belichick is famous for that. He acts like he is playing a better team than his each and every week. What is he supposed to say? Ahhh, they suck...we're not worried about them beating us. And then what happens when we do? He gets canned.

better days
12-17-2010, 12:52 PM
If you look back at opposing coaches who are playing the Bills, they praise them up and down, left and right. Belichick is famous for that. He acts like he is playing a better team than his each and every week. What is he supposed to say? Ahhh, they suck...we're not worried about them beating us. And then what happens when we do? He gets canned.

I get what you are saying, but I believe this Bills team is getting genuine respect from everyone. Rod Woodson has bashed the Bills plenty earlier in the season. He said "This is a scrappy little group" about the Bills & their upcoming game against Miami. This is the first complement from Rod towards the Bills in forever.

streetkings01
12-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I get what you are saying, but I believe this Bills team is getting genuine respect from everyone. Rod Woodson has bashed the Bills plenty earlier in the season. He said "This is a scrappy little group" about the Bills & their upcoming game against Miami. This is the first complement from Rod towards the Bills in forever.Getting a compliment from that jerk Faulk would mean alot more!

Mahdi
12-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Sparano is a ****ing idiot. Can't he see that Fitz only has 3 wins on the year, and his arm is garbage?

Pfft, what does he know?
The Bills only have 3 wins... and saying Fitz has a garbage arm is completely inaccurate.

TrEd FTW
12-17-2010, 01:08 PM
The Bills only have 3 wins... and saying Fitz has a garbage arm is completely inaccurate.

He was being sarcastic.

better days
12-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Getting a compliment from that jerk Faulk would mean alot more!

I have seen very little of Faulk recently.

Oldbillsfan
12-17-2010, 01:37 PM
I wear my sun glasses at night

BertSquirtgum
12-17-2010, 01:37 PM
**** the dolphins :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

justasportsfan
12-17-2010, 02:41 PM
He acts like he is playing a better team than his each and every week.

I agree that he talks as if they are playing a sb team but maybe he believes that so you plan/practice as if you are playing a better team that way you don't overlook them or fall into a trap game.

THRILLHO
12-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I put as much stock into coaches saying stuff like this as I do into players that say they are "excited to be coming to buffalo."

Stewie
12-17-2010, 05:27 PM

Exactly.

Stewie
12-17-2010, 05:27 PM
**** the dolphins :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

Also this.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Scrappy little bunch
playing their little hearts out

This is what is said about losers who continue to lose

paranoid
12-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Standard coach-speak. Part of the social etiquette NFL players and coaches are expected to follow. Real respect will hopefully follow when we start winning more than we lose.

better days
12-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Scrappy little bunch
playing their little hearts out

This is what is said about losers who continue to lose

There was much worse said about the Bills in the preseason & early in the season........followed by much laughter by everyone in the room. People are no longer laughing at the Bills anywhere on national TV. Scrappy little group, playing their hearts out, shows respect rather than ridicule.

justasportsfan
12-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Sparano concerned about WRs

I mean obviously we’ve seen a lot of Steve (Johnson) on film and what you see on film is pretty darn good. But, who the next guy is in the game and how they’re going to use them and what they’re going to do that way…

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/17/sparano-concerned-about-wrs/

I predict we'll use the TE's a lot

Beebe's Kid
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
What do the Bills think about Sparano?