PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo getting pranged by the Panthers!

Cleve
12-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Florida up 4-0 at the end of 1 - and Sabres earned a penalty a few seconds before the end of the 1st. So Buffalo will start the 2nd period with a penalty. Boy this is ugly! Sabres have been dominated, and looked completely inept. And this isn't Montreal or Washington they're playing - this is the friggin PANTHERS!

Just when you think the Sabres are starting to get their act together, a game like this comes along that rips the guts out of you!

SabreEleven
12-17-2010, 08:07 PM
The Pominville one-timer needs to be taken out of th offensive play books...He SUCKS at them...really sucks.

OpIv37
12-17-2010, 08:32 PM
just saw the goals on NHLN. On EVERY SINGLE ONE of them, the defenders left someone alone on the opposite side of the play for the easy rebound/centering pass. And at least 2 of them were Leopold/Montador. WTF are these guys thinking?

Cleve
12-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I didn't even pay attention to the game, but I see when replaying that the sieve-like Lalime gave up yet another short-handed goal a mere 11 seconds into the 3rd period. Panthers must have given the assist to Pomminville.

G Wolly
12-17-2010, 11:22 PM
I blame Connolly

RockStar36
12-18-2010, 09:34 AM
I blame Connolly

:bf1:

SabreEleven
12-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I think this game is critical to the Sabres...How do they respond after getting their asses to them? Games like this happens but it's how you respond...These mental midgets needs a great game here.

Cleve
12-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, especially because Tampa has a significantly better W-L record than the Sabres at this point in the season. That won't be any duck walk tonight.

Cleve
12-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Well, the Sabres played significantly better last night against Tampa than against the Panthers. Of course, it doesn't take a lot to improve when you're at essentially zero - I think the first period in the Panthers game was one of the worst performances by a NHL team ever. I believe most AHL teams would have looked stronger than the Sabres did in Period 1 against the Panthers.

However, there are no moral victories, and the bottom line is the Sabres still lost to Tampa - this is a team in need of a consistent offense.

Sadly this far into the season, and the team falling further behind in the standings, I suspect they won't find it. The puck spent far too much time in the Buffalo zone.