• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lucky
    Junior Zoner
    • Dec 2010

Should we go after Donovan McNabb???

Looks like the Skins are stupidly benching McNabb for Rex Grossman this weekend for their game agains the Cowboys. Speculation is he will be cut at the end of the season (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...-over-don.html).

Should we go after him? His stock will certainly be much less than what it was this past offseason. He's certainly better than Fitz and it would buy us a couple of years to upgrade the rest of the roster.

I see pros and cons either way. What do you guys think?
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Should we go after Donovan McNabb???

Ummm no....

Comment

• Lucky
      Junior Zoner
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pride
      Ummm no....
      Would you rather see us draft a QB in the first round. Please share your thinking here. Thank you.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lucky
        He's certainly better than Fitz
        At this point, no he's not.

Let's go after Favre while we're at it. Maybe Jeff Garcia.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

I can't have any opinion on this topic until I know taylor/zaius's viewpoint.

Comment

• Lucky
            Junior Zoner
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
            At this point, no he's not.

Let's go after Favre while we're at it. Maybe Jeff Garcia.
            Oh come on, he certainly is better than Fitz. Favre is done, Garcia is now spending his days and more importantly his nights, enjoying his lovely wife.

Last edited by Lucky; 12-18-2010, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Fitz has more touchdowns and less interceptions than McNabb this year. He's also significantly younger and plays on a worse team.

Please explain why McNabb would be a better option.

Comment

• Lucky
                Junior Zoner
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                Fitz has more touchdowns and less interceptions than McNabb this year. He's also significantly younger and plays on a worse team.

Please explain why McNabb would be a better option.
                Fitz is a career backup at best. McNabb still has a few years left in him, perhaps more. Gailey is a QB guru who will get the most out of McNabb, certainly more than the dysfunctional Skins could ever muster.

McNabb is a stopgap who has a better arm than Fitz, more mobile and more savy.

Look beyond the stats, as the Skins are probably even worse than we are this year and McNabb is running for his life, his WR's are old and he has no running game. In addition their D is woeful, thus he is always playing catchup.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                  • Sep 2010

Fitz>McNabb and i hate Fitz with a passion..
                  Originally posted by OpIv37
                  You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Oh come on, he certainly is better than Fitz. Favre is done, Garcia is now spending his days enjoying his lovely wife.

Nice, much better than Dr. Taylors smileys.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Fitz is a career backup at best. McNabb still has a few years left in him, perhaps more. Gailey is a QB guru who will get the most out of McNabb, certainly more than the dysfunctional Skins could ever muster.

McNabb is a stopgap who has a better arm than Fitz, more mobile and more savy.

Look beyond the stats, as the Skins are probably even worse than we are this year and McNabb is running for his life, his WR's are old and he has no running game. In addition their D is woeful, thus he is always playing catchup.
                      Fitz is starting this year and probably next. Your constant labelling of him as a career backup is wrong. You don't backup anything you say with any sort of reasoning or logic other than 'cmon man, I'm right fitz sucks, it's obvious.' I am hoping Fitz starts for the Bills just to piss off the Fitz haters if for no other reason.

Comment

• Lucky
                        Junior Zoner
                        • Dec 2010

Fitz is starting this year and probably next. Your constant labelling of him as a career backup is wrong. You don't backup anything you say with any sort of reasoning or logic other than 'cmon man, I'm right fitz sucks, it's obvious.' I am hoping Fitz starts for the Bills just to piss off the Fitz haters if for no other reason.
                        Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Fitz. He's just not very talented. A solid backup though. Please dont forget he was beat out in training camp by none other than Edwards. Sure he is starting now, but virtually by defalut due to Edwards horrible play. He's better than Edwards, but not that much better.

Please tell me what it is you see in Fitz that makes you think he is so great.

As for my logic, look no further than his W-L record.
                        Last edited by Lucky; 12-17-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like Fitz. He's just not very talented. A solid backup though. Please dont forget he was beat out in training camp by none other than Edwards. Sure he is starting now, but virtually by defalut due to Edwards horrible play. He's better than Edwards, but not that much better.

Please tell me what it is you see in Fitz that makes you think he is so great.

As for my logic, look no further than his W-L record.
                          When did I say he was great? Every damned Fitz hater thinks anyone defendingFitz thinks he's the next Joe Motana, FS. Fitz is a decent QB in Chan's system and we have problems elsewhere. Peyton went 3-13 his first year, they should've cut him? Calm down Taylor, you don't need to convince people here to think like you, it's not up to us. We know your opinion.

Comment

• Lucky
                            Junior Zoner
                            • Dec 2010

When did I say he was great? Every damned Fitz hater thinks anyone defendingFitz thinks he's the next Joe Motana, FS. Fitz is a decent QB in Chan's system and we have problems elsewhere. Peyton went 3-13 his first year, they should've cut him? Calm down Taylor, you don't need to convince people here to think like you, it's not up to us. We know your opinion.
                            Not sure why you are so angry, nor why you are referring to me as Taylor.
                            You and I simply disagree on Fitz. No big deal. You asked me to expand upon my opinion, which I have done.

Justifying Fitz by comparing him to Manning's 1st year? That's a stretch. Fitz is nothing more than a below average bus driver QB with passion. He was handed the position by default. If we really end up starting him next season, then we deserve whatever comes are way.

Comment

• BidsJr
                              • Sep 2002

Hell no on McNabb. Rush had him pegged correctly years ago.
                              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

Working...
                              X