PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau

Demon
06-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Ok, this is prolly a dumb question since it's old news but i must have missed something along the way.

I know we hired Dick LeBeau, but what is his actual job? What is he going to be doing with us? Assistant to Gregg Williams? Assistant to Jerry Grey?

I personally like Dick LeBeau, not as a head coach because i think his offensive mind is messed up, but i think hes a better defensive coach then Wade Phillips or Ted Catrell. I hope he gets more to say on imput on the defense. I am not a fan of Grey, i hope he gets the can and LeBeau takes over as defensive cordinator.

What kind of impact do you guys think LeBeau will have to our defense?

venis2k1
06-18-2003, 07:11 PM
I think he is a Assistant head coach. i look into that to mean Co-D-coordinator.

Jan Reimers
06-19-2003, 07:51 AM
He is de facto defensive coordinator and JG's mentor. I think JG will be a much better coach for LeBeau's having been here.

Pride
06-19-2003, 09:09 AM
he will be HC next year.

Jan Reimers
06-19-2003, 09:19 AM
He may be a little long in the tooth to be HC, but he would be an improvement over GW.

wbat27
06-19-2003, 09:23 AM
If anything he will be d cordinater not head coach.

ryven
06-19-2003, 09:56 AM
I just can't wait to see what he's implimented

Demon
06-19-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Pride
he will be HC next year.

Naa..... Donahoe doesn't drink man.

WG
06-19-2003, 03:31 PM
All I know is that between GW/LeBeau/JG and Henry/McGahee, next offseason is gonna be like a soap opera...

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
All I know is that between GW/LeBeau/JG and Henry/McGahee, next offseason is gonna be like a soap opera...

Now that I can agree on...:lol!:

Voltron
06-19-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Now that I can agree on...:lol!:

And you should talk? Your HC is waaaayyyy more on the hot seat than ours is. At least our team improved over the last 2 years

:snicker:

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

And you should talk? Your HC is waaaayyyy more on the hot seat than ours is. At least our team improved over the last 2 years

:snicker:

Over the last 1 year..you went from 3-13 to 8-8, Don't get ahead of your self..I was merely agreeing with your poster, doesn't mean I don't see the situation in Miami for Wanny, but I also think he done a great job..Like the bills, I think he's brought in a great amoung of Talent..now it's up to the team..I think Wanny's done his job..When players get paid like they do, I don't think a coach should have to be in their face to motivate them..The coaches coach, the players have to execute..It's up to them now.

WG
06-20-2003, 07:01 AM
Voltron,

I made the comment b/c of the "odd" situation we'll have w/ the coaches and w/ Henry/McG, not b/c I felt that GW or Gray would be on the hotseat.

LeBeau doesn't appear to have a particular title although the FO/OBD will come up with one. The fact of the matter is that it's an awkward situation the likes of which I don't anticipate would be healthy going into the future.

You can't have 2 HCs, you can't have 2 DCs, or any other coach for that matter. Simple organizational dynamics/behavior education will support that notion.

Same w/ our RB situation. I mean none of us can agree, collectively, on how to handle the TH/WM situation.

Something's gonna have to get done with either LeBeau and/or GW or JG, and as well, something's gonna have to get done w/ Henry and/or McG next offseason. They can't all continue, nor would it be reasonable to expect them to, peacefully coexist in the roles which they've been assigned by TD.

So something's gonna have to give. Wannstedt's situation is quite different. Yes, he's on the hotseat, but he doesn't have someone sharing his socks like GW and JG do. And they didn't draft Larry Johnson to force their hand at RB next season.

TedMock
06-20-2003, 08:55 AM
C'mon Wys. In this new world of ours it's easy....LeBeau's a consultant! He'll do a good job, we'll overpay him and let go of the rest of the staff. :)

WG
06-20-2003, 10:30 AM
You serious or joking...

:scratch:

Sounds like you're being facetious, in which case LOL.

Otherwise :madcurse:

:D