PDA

View Full Version : Dear Stevie

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 02:11 PM
You have no right to be dancing around in the end zone. It's funny how short your memory is. End zone celebrations are done by arrogant overachieving receivers and backs.

Don't you think it's too soon for you to be acting like that?

Signed,

Stop
Touchdown
Endzone
Vain
Illogical
Exhibition

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 02:12 PM
wow this is a gay post. Stop touchdown dancing? What kinda no fun clown are you??

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
wow this is a gay post. Stop touchdown dancing? What kinda no fun clown are you??I think Stevie needs to take humble pill. He needs to act like he's been there before.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I think Stevie needs to take humble pill. He needs to act like he's been there before.I agree with this take.

Although, the guys got 10 TD's and is on track for over 1K in yards.

I'm glad he's a Bill and I think his future is bright. But I agree, let your play do more of the talking.

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 02:21 PM
I agree with this take.

Although, the guys got 10 TD's and is on track for over 1K in yards.

I'm glad he's a Bill and I think his future is bright.I just found the dance to be a little much.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 02:23 PM
I just found the dance to be a little much.Yeah, let your play do the talking.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Eh, nothing wrong with having a little fun.

However Stevie obviously has concentration issues and should work more on the jugs machine than his dancing skills.

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Wow is there a 50 years + age requirement in this thread?? Talk about grumpy old men.

OMG Steve J dropped a TD pass, he better not dance 3 weeks later!! Get a clue. I hope he dances on every catch now.

TrEd FTW
12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Meh. I like players with personalities. One drop doesn't overshadow all of Stevie's contributions this season. I'm glad he has bounced back as opposed to moping around.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Wow is there a 50 years + age requirement in this thread?? Talk about grumpy old men.

OMG Steve J dropped a TD pass, he better not dance 3 weeks later!! Get a clue. I hope he dances on every catch now.This is a blue-collar town, I can understand the sentiment.

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 02:29 PM
This is a blue-collar town, I can understand the sentiment.Pffffffffffffffffffffffftttt

RockStar36
12-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Good lord shut the hell up. Hey Stevie, how dare you have fun and enjoy yourself!

Whysoserious?
12-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Players play best loose. This thread sucks.

trapezeus
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
well, it proves that he's over the play. he has to be the receiver that he is. he can't change because of that one play.

he's an outgoing kind of guy. that's how he's succeeded thus far.

I say let him do his thing.

EricStratton
12-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Just don't start using props

Buffalo Thriller
12-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Let him dance! He played great

cpearl
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
This is such a loser, downer, overly negative, typical Buffalo-guy post. F-off. Let the guy have fun. He deserves it.

Extremebillsfan247
12-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Did he get flagged for it? if no, then there is nothing wrong with it period. Some fans will just dig for anything to whine about won't they? lol

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not about to apologize.

I am far from a negative fan.

Personally I didn't like the dance.

I'm not a whiny fan.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

billsfanryan
12-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Did he get flagged for it? if no, then there is nothing wrong with it period. Some fans will just dig for anything to whine about won't they? lol

I was just about say that people are really digging for something here. Let him dance if he wants, who cares.

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 03:39 PM

I'm not a whiny fan.

I'm entitled to my opinion.We've won four games all year and during a win in which we eliminate our most hate rival from the playoffs all you can do is ***** about a td celebration?? He broke it down too, don't be mad you can't move like that.

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 03:48 PM
We've won four games all year and during a win in which we eliminate our most hate rival from the playoffs all you can do is ***** about a td celebration?? He broke it down too, don't be mad you can't move like that.I wasn't *****ing. I was making an observation. HUGE difference.

Michael82
12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
I love seeing the players have a little fun on the field after they score a touchdown or make a game changing play. It's good to see that Stevie isn't still depressed about his terrible game a few weeks ago. He's back to his old self. I was worried that he wouldn't be.

SquishDaFish
12-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Hes having a great year and bounced back from that ugly game. I say let him dance as long as hes not flagged

RockStar36
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Instead of talking about him being one touchdown away from tying the single season mark for Bills' receivers, we're discussing his quick little dance. Give me a break.

zone
12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Yea, the talk should be that our "number 2" receiver has 10 touchdowns.

ucfrank
12-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Stevie scored a touchdown. The Bills won the game. Let the man dougie.

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 06:47 PM
wow this is a gay post. Stop touchdown dancing? What kinda no fun clown are you??

NBF is Roger Goodell!!!

But seriously.

He's a kid who's finally finding a spot in the NFL and he's having fun.

Not every little thing that happened/happens this season has to be taken so seriously.

Mad Max
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
I want to see TD dances by Buffalo WR's as often as possible, throw in RB and the occasional QB and DB dance for good measure. I'd like to see 55 TD dances next year by Buffalo Bills players.

As an aside, at least he didn't do this:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pry6Cp0kSO0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pry6Cp0kSO0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Now THAT was uncalled for! lmao

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
^ lol that was sick. Any bills player can do that in the endzone anytime they want, that means they scored a td lol

shelby
12-19-2010, 07:33 PM
"Act like you've been there before" ~Marv Levy

BuffaloBlitz83
12-19-2010, 07:41 PM
This is a blue-collar town, I can understand the sentiment.

Blue Collar drunks I guess. Who gives a ****. I like guys like DJax and Stevie!

Mad Max
12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Just don't start using props

He's on a late round contract..so just one fine for prop usage by the NoFunLeague and he's playing for free. He's flaky not dumb.

northernbillfan
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
"Act like you've been there before" ~Marv Levy32 posts later and someone finally agrees with me.

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Welcome to the 2000s.

He caught a TD pass against a division rival to increase our lead, ultimately helping us to win our 4th game.

He's becoming a star in a sport he enjoys playing.

Party Poopers.

hydro
12-19-2010, 08:09 PM

He has "been there before". Actually he has been there 10 times this season.

imbondz
12-19-2010, 08:12 PM
I'm with nbf. Cant stand cheesy celebrating after making a play. What you caught a pass and scored a td...That's what you get paid a ton of money to do. Drives me crazy

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Shoulda been 11

:wail:

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm with nbf. Cant stand cheesy celebrating after making a play. What you caught a pass and scored a td...That's what you get paid a ton of money to do. Drives me crazy

So when you're watching the game and you see the fans happy he scored, does that upset you too?

After all, we're merely watching him do his job.

Nothing to get excited about.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 08:19 PM
So when you're watching the game and you see the fans happy he scored, does that upset you too?

After all, we're merely watching him do his job.

Nothing to get excited about.Gotta thank a great argument like this.

But, I think it just annoys some people. It annoys them when they act stupid and some feel embarassed for them. I don't mind it as much as some.

My take is this. If he keeps up this pace and can keep it up next year, by mid-season of next year I'm good with him doing stuff like this. I don't mind it that much, but he may be better off letting his play do the talking until he accomplishes a lot more.

I like the kid, and am glad to have him. And in a way I like the energy. I'd just like it to be toned down a bit for now... we are 4 and 12 afterall, and this is the first year that he has stepped up.

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Gotta thank a great argument like this.

But, I think it just annoys some people. It annoys them when they act stupid and some feel embarassed for them. I don't mind it as much as some.

I think they're just jealous no one cheers for them when they do their job.

SabreEleven
12-19-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm worried he'll worry about the TD celebration before he even makes the catch like he did against Pittsburgh. I don't remember Jerry Rice ever doing a dance in the end zone. Celebrate with your teammates not some "look at me" dance.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
I think they're just jealous no one cheers for them when they do their job.Like I said, I'm on the fence on it.

But just to play devils advocate. Steve's business is to win games which lead to winning a SB. Until we/he does that, maybe he should be all business?

X-Era
12-19-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm worried he'll worry about the TD celebration before he even makes the catch like he did against Pittsburgh. I don't remember Jerry Rice ever doing a dance in the end zone. Celebrate with your teammates not some "look at me" dance.Win a SB and we will all be dancing with him.

G Wolly
12-19-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't remember Jerry Rice ever doing a dance in the end zone. Celebrate with your teammates not some "look at me" dance.

He saved it all for "Dancing with the Stars"

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/dancing-with-the-stars/images/jerry-rice.jpg

But just to play devils advocate. Steve's business is to win games which lead to winning a SB. Until we/he does that, maybe he should be all business?

The season is lost. Find SOMETHING to be happy and have fun about.

Jeeze.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
He saved it all for "Dancing with the Stars"

The season is lost. Find SOMETHING to be happy and have fun about.

Jeeze.I can see this argument.

BertSquirtgum
12-19-2010, 08:55 PM
nobody likes a debbie downer. booooooooooooo

mikemac2001
12-19-2010, 09:16 PM
stevie played good today it wasnt a 3 td game but i think he knew beating the dolphins and knocking them out was important for the bills and bills fans

he also caught a tough ball for a TD and danced ......who cares

i was at the steelers game and i was at that endzone i saw the TD perfectly thrown dropped i also saw how it affected him .....i think he cares more about winning then dancing or celebrating.

Akhippo
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM

Yeah, and his 1th would have won us a game. We have won 4 games this year. Bad teams celebrate mediocrity. He hasnt done anything yet, and he hasnt elevated the team to anything yet. Stay humble, work at your craft, and concentrate on getting more touchdowns and not what dance your going to do after one.

David Nelson must be a lame ass. He has been just as clutch as Stevie and just gives the ball back to the refs. Doesnt he know we are last in the division and have only one four games this year. Hell, cut loose Nelson. Make it worth your while. You are a rookie undrafted who is making plays; its your right to come up with some preplanned touchdown celebration. Come on man. Live up the mediocrity.

northernbillfan
12-20-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm worried he'll worry about the TD celebration before he even makes the catch like he did against Pittsburgh. I don't remember Jerry Rice ever doing a dance in the end zone. Celebrate with your teammates not some "look at me" dance.Post of the thread!

northernbillfan
12-20-2010, 01:27 AM
I think they're just jealous no one cheers for them when they do their job.I actually get cheered at work all the time. I even get the wave from time to time.

northernbillfan
12-20-2010, 01:29 AM
Yeah, and his 1th would have won us a game. We have won 4 games this year. Bad teams celebrate mediocrity. He hasnt done anything yet, and he hasnt elevated the team to anything yet. Stay humble, work at your craft, and concentrate on getting more touchdowns and not what dance your going to do after one.

David Nelson must be a lame ass. He has been just as clutch as Stevie and just gives the ball back to the refs. Doesnt he know we are last in the division and have only one four games this year. Hell, cut loose Nelson. Make it worth your while. You are a rookie undrafted who is making plays; its your right to come up with some preplanned touchdown celebration. Come on man. Live up the mediocrity.Well said!

jamze132
12-20-2010, 03:21 AM
I love Stevie but he looked like a douche after the TD. I just prefer a little more class from a guy who was at the bottom of a hole a couple of weeks ago.

jamze132
12-20-2010, 03:26 AM
I actually get cheered at work all the time. I even get the wave from time to time.
I have my own theme music when I walk in each day.

TMu11
12-20-2010, 06:03 AM
i'll take the Stevie J TD celebration over the Maybin shuffle for a tackle any day

cocamide
12-20-2010, 10:07 AM

I'm not a whiny fan.

I'm entitled to my opinion.

I didn't like the dance either, but that's mostly because dancing should be left to ladies. Real men don't dance.

RockStar36
12-20-2010, 10:10 AM
So they four people that agree in this thread (including Marv) are...ahem...older. I think that explains everything pretty well.

Jeff1220
12-20-2010, 10:20 AM
...as long as he doesn't do that stupid giddyup dance McGahee used to do. That was terrible.

DraftBoy
12-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Dancing or no dancing, I dont care.

Just put in more work with the Jugs machine.

cocamide
12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
So they four people that agree in this thread (including Marv) are...ahem...older. I think that explains everything pretty well.

Not true. I'm 28 (not sure if that's considered older) and I don't like the dancing. Like someone else said, give the ball to the ref and celebrate with your teammates. It's much classier.

I thought the musket routine and "Why So Serious?" acts were funny, but I don't want him doing one after every touchdown.

SabreEleven
12-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I have my own theme music when I walk in each day.

It's Raining Men?

DraftBoy
12-20-2010, 10:30 AM
It's Raining Men?

DADT was just repealed.

Akhippo
12-20-2010, 12:41 PM
i'll take the Stevie J TD celebration over the Maybin shuffle for a tackle any day

Ill second that all day also.

If Stevie wants to be creative every once in a while, fine. I just dont want to become the Bengals. The highlights of their games are not plays on the field that lead to thier win. Its Chads or TO antics. That and they never seem to have players that care to push them over the top with team play.

Give me a BORING Pats or Colts type team any day over a team like Dallas that has R Williams celebrating every first down, yet not celebrating playoff wins.

G Wolly
12-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I love Stevie but he looked like a douche after the TD. I just prefer a little more class from a guy who was at the bottom of a hole a couple of weeks ago.

So because of a game 2 weeks ago, he can't have fun when actually making the TD catch now?

RockStar36
12-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Not true. I'm 28 (not sure if that's considered older) and I don't like the dancing. Like someone else said, give the ball to the ref and celebrate with your teammates. It's much classier.

I thought the musket routine and "Why So Serious?" acts were funny, but I don't want him doing one after every touchdown.

So basically he's celebrated on 3 out of 10 touchdowns. Wow. He's the next Ochocinco apparently.

Akhippo
12-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Doesnt he know touch down dances are so the 2000's, or whatever last decade was. Its now about how you enter the endzone. D Jackson is way ahead of the curve.

Maybe Stevie can limbo in. Or a no hands cartwheel. I think he should throw himself a pass at the 5 and catch it in the endzone. Then congratulate himself. Is anybody writing this down. If we are going to "have fun with it", lets go all the way. We cant let stevie be outdone with either his haircut, shirt slogans, or celebrations.

jamze132
12-21-2010, 05:01 AM
So because of a game 2 weeks ago, he can't have fun when actually making the TD catch now?
You can have fun and not dance like a ******.

jamze132
12-21-2010, 05:02 AM
It's Raining Men?
No ass!

It's "Take My Breath Away".

RockStar36
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Doesnt he know touch down dances are so the 2000's, or whatever last decade was. Its now about how you enter the endzone. D Jackson is way ahead of the curve.

You mean like how Jackson holds the ball out and tosses it away before he actually crosses the goaline?

Buffalogic
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
How does dancing after scoring a TD equate to having no class?

It doesn't. Remove stick from ass.

cocamide
12-21-2010, 07:42 PM
So basically he's celebrated on 3 out of 10 touchdowns. Wow. He's the next Ochocinco apparently.

I love Stevie, but he looked like an idiot with that dance. It's not just him; I think most people look like idiots when they dance. When he has another crucial drop he can blame god for humbling him again.

paranoid
12-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Meh-- too late to complain. An entire popular culture is staked in self-celebration and attention-garnering. Ordinary slobs post videos of themselves tying their own shoelaces and tweet that they are at Wal-Mart picking up frozen burritos. No real surprises here.

He can dance if he wants to. He can leave his friends behind...