PDA

View Full Version : Moorman

T-Long
12-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Seriously, Moorman has been horrific this season. How does that even happen?

YardRat
12-19-2010, 02:35 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. I wish he could blame it on a nagging but not serious injury, but I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2010, 02:38 PM
His leg fell off from overuse.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2010, 03:40 PM
He's only punted 10,000 times in the past 4 seasons. It's understandable that he's tired.

Night Train
12-19-2010, 03:43 PM
It's his 10th season. Consistency is the first sign with kickers.

JD
12-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Time to start searching for replacements for himself and Lindell included.

mikemac2001
12-19-2010, 03:50 PM
there making him punt differently

everytime i watch it the way he places the ball doesnt look like it use to.

maybe its just me but let the man punt his way`

Luisito23
12-19-2010, 03:57 PM
The guy has been done a long time ago, but some hardheaded people like Dr. lecter just don't wanna admit it.

Stewie
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
To me, it also looks like he's "thinking" about it too much. Playing too timid.. his motion isn't fluid. I don'tn know if it's coached, or he's compensating for an injury, or it's just in his head - but he needs to stop worrying about it and kick the damn ball.

Beebe's Kid
12-19-2010, 06:56 PM
It was addressed by Moorman early in the season, then it was confirmed by DeHaven... DeHaven prefers the punts to have hang time instead of distance to prevent run backs... that hasn't been Moorman's shtick.

There has been a few times he was allowed to punt away, and he still got a good leg on it. I think he has a hard time kicking for straight hang time... You think that he may be one of the last people you ****ed with when you got here, but I guess Dehaven is an old dog, and wants it his way.

mikemac2001
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
It was addressed by Moorman early in the season, then it was confirmed by DeHaven... DeHaven prefers the punts to have hang time instead of distance to prevent run backs... that hasn't been Moorman's shtick.

There has been a few times he was allowed to punt away, and he still got a good leg on it. I think he has a hard time kicking for straight hang time... You think that he may be one of the last people you ****ed with when you got here, but I guess Dehaven is an old dog, and wants it his way.

exactly i thought i read that somewhere and i noticed it today the way he is dropping the ball at an angle isn't how he use to punt. the point is more vertical then it use to be horizontal

i may be wrong just something i noticed (probably creates more spin on it as well)