PDA

View Full Version : Bills now sit at 4-2 in second half of the Season

Extremebillsfan247
12-19-2010, 04:02 PM
A turn around surely looks like its coming along. We have a 2 game win streak now, and are now sitting at 4-2 in the second half of the season with 2 games to go. It took a long tough road of brutal close losses and a roster shake up to get to this point. But I'm impressed with the progress so far. Chan Gailey is really on to something here in my opinion. What do you think? Is it still too early? or is there anyone here seeing the same thing I'm seeing? Yeah, obviously there is still a long way to go, and we still don't have a franchise QB, but you have to like where this is going so far. Am I wrong here?

YardRat
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
We're coming around. If we could manage to win one more over a division opponent, or (dare I dream?) finish out the season sweeping the East, I would be very encouraged going into next year.

Night Train
12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
The Bills still need 1-2 off-seasons for Nix/Whaley to strengthen the D and find the QB of the future.. but they sure hired the right coach.

Chan could help himself to my booze any day of the week. :up:

Buffalogic
12-19-2010, 04:11 PM
This team with a couple of solid drafts could be very good!!

I mean one thing that I noticed is that SD when Nix was there got all kinds of crazy undrafted players and he's doing the same here so far. It bodes really well!

Luisito23
12-19-2010, 04:14 PM
We've been suckered into that ''finishing strong" myth before...I'll take the wait and see approach from now on.

SquishDaFish
12-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Totally agree. I LOVE the direction of this team

PromoTheRobot
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
The Bills still need 1-2 off-seasons for Nix/Whaley to strengthen the D and find the QB of the future.. but they sure hired the right coach.

Chan could help himself to my booze any day of the week. :up:

They have the QB of the future. You would bench a guy who could throw 25+ TDs in 14 games for a rookie?

PTR

Johnny Bugmenot
12-19-2010, 07:00 PM
PTR... I believe that's the same mistake the Bills made the LAST time they had a playoff contender. Benching Bledsoe for Losman.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
We've been suckered into that ''finishing strong" myth before...I'll take the wait and see approach from now on.

What? When has this team ever finished strong? If anything it's been the opposite.

SquishDaFish
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Fitz is growing on me where I wouldnt be upset to see them draft other areas of need right now.

jamze132
12-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Well people can finally stop dreaming for Luck to be the pick. We must go defense without second guessing ourselves.

Don't Panic
12-20-2010, 05:29 AM
The thing about this team is that when I watch them I have a legitimate confidence that they are going to win. It has been a long time since we've been able to say that. I don't know what happened during that bye week, but whatever it was, something clicked, and this group made an evolutionary leap in their progress.

The key now is turning an overachieving team with average talent (at best in some areas) into an above average team that wins consistently. Given the right moves this off-season, there is no reason not to think this team will be in the playoff hunt next year. There are a lot of factors that go into that obviously, but given what we've seen since the bye, there is very legitimate reason to believe that it can happen.

Historian
12-20-2010, 05:46 AM
I agree.

Look at the records of some of the teams still alive.

The Bills should be in the thick of it next season.

I said all along that with just some semblence of Quartwerbacking they would have won the opener.