PDA

View Full Version : MOATS

DGreg
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM
This guy gets better every week. Made some great plays. The only bad play was the Ronnie Brown touchdown where Moats let him get around the end. He as close to 30 tackls and 3 sacks.

BILLSROCK1212
12-19-2010, 04:11 PM
beyond impressive, i think it's hard to ignore this and call it a fluke

YardRat
12-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm liking this kid a lot. He's becoming the best LBer on the team.

Historian
12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Moats blows goats. Trade him to Edmonton for a case of Labatts

Novacane
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Perfect example of why you don't lose to get a higher pick. We have a late round rookie LB blossoming into a decent player while a #1 pick 2nd year LB can't even get on the field.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Moats makes our need for LB'rs only 2 instead of 3... That is if we can re-sign POZ.

If we gain 2 solid front 7 performers in the off season, we're set except maybe more depth.

POS
Moats
Edwards
Williams
Stroud
Troup
Maybe Carrington too.

Start adding to this Buddy... I'm starting to really love this team!

better days
12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Perfect example of why you don't lose to get a higher pick. We have a late round rookie LB blossoming into a decent player while a #1 pick 2nd year LB can't even get on the field.

Well, that is the difference between the Buddy/ Chan front office vs the Jauron led front office of the past. Everyone that tried to tie Nix to past failures are starting to look foolish.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Poz has also been playing very well since he came back from his injury.

ChristopherWalken
12-19-2010, 07:09 PM
This kid is growing on me for sure. He's really making a difference in the pass rush.

And as someone already alluded to, the Brown TD was on his side and played too far in...then was out run by Brown.

But these are things that can be clearly be fixed watching game film.

He has gotten a nasty piece of the last 3 QBs Buffalo has faced.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Moats blows goats. Trade him to Edmonton for a case of LabattsLabatt's? Wow, you must really hate the guy.

X-Era
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Moats makes our need for LB'rs only 2 instead of 3... That is if we can re-sign POZ.

If we gain 2 solid front 7 performers in the off season, we're set except maybe more depth.

POS
Moats
Edwards
Williams
Stroud
Troup
Maybe Carrington too.

Start adding to this Buddy... I'm starting to really love this team!I don't totally disgaree. I just don't want to call Moats all we need as one of our starting OLB's yet. Especially when we rotate players in so much. I'd still like to add a pass rushing OLB.I really feel like one of our biggest needs, even top 2 need is significant upgrade at ILB to go alongside Poz. And I'd really like one that is very good at shedding blocks and blowing up the run.

CAbills
12-19-2010, 07:18 PM
The cool thing is watching a kid improve on a game by game basis. I'm sure many of us remember his first preseason game against the Redskins when he looked like he didn't belong on the field. Now we are talking about a possible solid starter on D next year.

shelby
12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Don't cross the Moats!

Seriously....talented kid. i look forward to watching him continue to improve.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
do you guys like donta hightower? where do you think he will go?

jamze132
12-20-2010, 04:00 AM
This guy gets better every week. Made some great plays. The only bad play was the Ronnie Brown touchdown where Moats let him get around the end. He as close to 30 tackls and 3 sacks.
Well on that particular play Marshal held the **** our of Florence right in front of the ref and didn't get a flag.

Historian
12-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Ronnie Brown walked right around him for a touchdown.

The kid is out of position on every play.

Doesn't even belong playing at this level.

tampabay25690
12-20-2010, 06:06 AM
do you guys like donta hightower? where do you think he will go?

I like him alot anytime you can grab a guy from Bama........
Mid 2nd round pick for him.
The loss of McClain has hurt him and the D quite a bit this year......

tampabay25690
12-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Moats is going to be a very good player in this league....
He beat Jake Long so bad yesterday it was great to see....

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Moats and Hoes!

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 06:16 AM
Ronnie Brown walked right around him for a touchdown.

The kid is out of position on every play.

Doesn't even belong playing at this level.
I was at the game yesterday. Moats was a beast. He missed on the Brown TD, but every player, particularly a rookie, makes mistakes.This kid is good already, and is going to get a lot better.

Historian
12-20-2010, 06:25 AM
He stinks.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 06:33 AM
He stinks.
Yeah, I hated those 2 sacks yesterday (statistically, I guess he got credit for 1.5). As good as we are, we really don't need his pass rushing skills.

malvado78
12-20-2010, 06:34 AM
I am surprised Historian...
I normally love your posts. But the ones in this this thread is less than spectacular.
You HATE a rookie on the Bills who has made it in to the starting line up and has been showing promise but got burned on a big play?

Did he have some sort of relationship with your mom? :P

The last buffalo fan
12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I am surprised Historian...
I normally love your posts. But the ones in this this thread is less that spectacular.
You HATE a rookie on the Bills who has made it in to the starting line up and has been showing promise but got burned on a big play?

Don't be mean, malvado. We call this sarcasmo, comprende?

paranoid
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Don't be mean, malvado. We call this sarcasmo, comprende?

Yeah, that was obvious from the incisive wit and style of the posts.

malvado78
12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
<quote></quote>
<quote>Yeah, that was obvious from the incisive wit and style of the posts.</quote>

Exactamente...

DynaPaul
12-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Seeing Moats play well makes me feel that much worse about Maybin.

madness
12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Moats most improved (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/20/moats-most-improved/)

<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2010-12-20T16:24:42+0000"> December 20, 2010 – 4:24 pm </abbr> </small>

Arthur Moats had a sack and a half on Sunday in the win over Miami as his game continues to evolve and progress. If you ask Chan Gailey, Moats just might be the most improved player on his football team.
“In the last four or five weeks he might’ve made as much progress as anybody on our football team,” said Gailey. “He’s learning to play outside backer. He started as an inside backer in the offseason and training camp and we ended up moving him to outside backer. He is learning to play the position and he’s got a chance a good outside backer before it’s over with.”
With Buffalo’s pass rush in need of a shot in the arm midway through the season, Moats was put back outside and steadily worked his way onto the field.
“It was more of what we saw in practice than anything,” said Gailey. ”He’s a natural pass rusher. That’s what he did in college. We had to try to fit him where he could produce the best and that was why we ended up moving him outside.”
Gailey said among the most improved players he’d probably have Donald Jones on the list as well.

kingJofNYC
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
The Brown TD wasn't on Moats, he held his gap, but there was no help/flow from Ayodele. Go back and watch, Ayodele is running in slow-mo. He held the edge long enough for someone to clean it up, didn't happen.

Bufftp
12-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Silly boy, Historian ran into Moats at the Big Tree and rebuffed a pass by Historian.