Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Kiper projects top 10

It's on ESPN Insider, so here is the Bills' part"

Buffalo Bills
    Top needs: LT, QB, OLB, WR
    Pick strategy: Oh, to have last year's first-round pick back. I like C.J. Spiller and still think he can have a great career, but given where Buffalo was he felt like a luxury pick in the Top 10, and he still does. The Bills needed a left tackle and still do. The problem: There isn't one with a grade worthy of taking here. Nate Solder is my highest-rated O-lineman (currently No. 17), and it's hard to imagine a re-evaluation of the tape and workouts will get one of the current O-lineman into the Top 10. If the Bills stay here, Green could be a star, and maybe they take a breathtaking talent such as Patrick Peterson. Perhaps they fall in love with a guy such as Ryan Mallett or even Cam Newton, but those guys are not guarantees for a pick this high. The Bills might be best-suited to trade down and get their tackle later. They could go a lot of directions at this spot.

I disagree. Bell is doing just fine at LT. I would have no problem with a defensive pick or Mallett or Newton. Pass on Green even if he is a potential star, because we have plenty of capable WRs.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Kiper projects top 10

i think our line has been a lot better since trenitive was replaced

though the vikings made us look bad

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by T-Long

Buffalo Bills
      Pick strategy: Oh, to have last year's first-round pick back. I like C.J. Spiller and still think he can have a great career, but given where Buffalo was he felt like a luxury pick in the Top 10, and he still does. The Bills needed a left tackle and still do. The problem: There isn't one with a grade worthy of taking here. Nate Solder is my highest-rated O-lineman (currently No. 17), and it's hard to imagine a re-evaluation of the tape and workouts will get one of the current O-lineman into the Top 10. If the Bills stay here, Green could be a star, and maybe they take a breathtaking talent such as Patrick Peterson. Perhaps they fall in love with a guy such as Ryan Mallett or even Cam Newton, but those guys are not guarantees for a pick this high. The Bills might be best-suited to trade down and get their tackle later. They could go a lot of directions at this spot.

I disagree. Bell is doing just fine at LT. I would have no problem with a defensive pick or Mallett or Newton. Pass on Green even if he is a potential star, because we have plenty of capable WRs.
      I agree man.

Bell has done a solid job and a very good job in some games. I think he's just fine there. RT is an issue and Id like a guy in the draft to upgrade it. Carimi is the guy I covet but I think he's long gone before our 2nd rounder. I think he goes bottom half of round 1.

Mallett and Newton will be in consideration at 6 IMO. Especially if Bowers is gone (he will be) and Dareus is gone (he may be). I'm not as high on Fairley as some, and at that point, I think QB comes back into the picture. Especially since Newton is on the rise, and Mallett just needs to show teams he has the attitude and maturity to lead an NFL team.

On Kiper, I like his takes on players more than some do, but he also has shown a propensity to not do his homework on teams when projecting where they may go in the draft. But if you look at Kipers big board, he has Mallet at 7 and Newton at 8. I don't think that's unrealistic and we currently look to pick at 6.
      Last edited by X-Era; 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

LT, QB, OLB, WR

bell is playing well that lt is not a major need
        same goes with qb. OLB you can argue but Moats is doing so well . WR?

Is Kiper sniffing his hairspray again?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ServoBillieves
          The Voice of Reason
          • Jul 2007

RT, LE, OLB, and soon to be S. So yes, let's cut bait with Whitner and draft Peterson to fill the role of SS
          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
            • Sep 2008

Bills don't need a LT so that shows me that these guys don't watch us. We need Defense, Defense , Defense in the 1st round! GO BILLS

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by T-Long

Buffalo Bills

LT is locked up. Bell will be even stronger next year after having a full offseason of strength training and TC rather than an offseason of rehab.

Bell is what you want in a LT. Fast, athletic and has room to add weight and strength.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

my first 5 picks would be

1 ryan kerrigan de/olb
                2 gabe carimi/anthony castonzo , whoever is there rt
                3 steve schilling og
                4 kelvin sheppard ilb
                4 josh bynes ilb

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                  • Nov 2009

Kiper should watch a few of our games. They're actually pretty entertaining, and with real NFL teams too!!

I think our offense is a good RT away from being damn good. I say that, knowing Bell is 5x the player he was last year, and hoping that he does gain a lot of strength in the offseason. He is young enough that adding muscle shouldn't be a problem. Chan and Co. would have a much firmer grasp on what is left in his development, so I'll trust them. If they say DB is the guy, let's go with it.

Wrotto is not the guy at RT, or he hasn't been that guy yet. Watching the game today, if were just a little stronger up front, we could have laid the fish to rest early. We have two good backs, and what appears to be some real talent at WR. Fitzy makes good decisions, and he makes them quick. I am sure there will be a big problem with this, but if he anywhere near Tom Brady time, I think he could become an elite QB.

Peterson would be too good to pass up, so if he's there in the first...pull the trigger. If not you take BPA on the defensive side of the ball, and do not pass the BPA to play RT in the second. I guess a lot of this can change with Free Agency, but I think that if we want real stars, we are going to have to draft them.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                    Kiper should watch a few of our games. They're actually pretty entertaining, and with real NFL teams too!!

I think our offense is a good RT away from being damn good. I say that, knowing Bell is 5x the player he was last year, and hoping that he does gain a lot of strength in the offseason. He is young enough that adding muscle shouldn't be a problem. Chan and Co. would have a much firmer grasp on what is left in his development, so I'll trust them. If they say DB is the guy, let's go with it.

Wrotto is not the guy at RT, or he hasn't been that guy yet. Watching the game today, if were just a little stronger up front, we could have laid the fish to rest early. We have two good backs, and what appears to be some real talent at WR. Fitzy makes good decisions, and he makes them quick. I am sure there will be a big problem with this, but if he anywhere near Tom Brady time, I think he could become an elite QB.

Peterson would be too good to pass up, so if he's there in the first...pull the trigger. If not you take BPA on the defensive side of the ball, and do not pass the BPA to play RT in the second. I guess a lot of this can change with Free Agency, but I think that if we want real stars, we are going to have to draft them.
                    I'd like to see us spend a bit in FA. I'd like to land one really good player. It doesn't have to e the top guy, or even a star. But someone who's really good. Give me a David Harris or Lamar Woodley or Zack Miller. Maybe Tamba Hali.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

How could anyone with an ounce of football knowledge say that WR is one of the Bills' top needs? Kiper is a complete jackass.

Also, Bell hasn't allowed a sack all season, better than any rookie LT that was drafted in the first round last year.

I'd say Fitzpatrick has proved that this team doesn't have to reach for a QB that wont' be worthy of the pick.

Suck it Kiper. The Bills need help on Defense, unless Andrew Luck rapes a hooker and falls to where the Bills pick.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        How could anyone with an ounce of football knowledge say that WR is one of the Bills' top needs? Kiper is a complete jackass.

Also, Bell hasn't allowed a sack all season, better than any rookie LT that was drafted in the first round last year.

I'd say Fitzpatrick has proved that this team doesn't have to reach for a QB that wont' be worthy of the pick.

Suck it Kiper. The Bills need help on Defense, unless Andrew Luck rapes a hooker and falls to where the Bills pick.
                        Raping a hooker drops your status?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

No, I meant was the only way he'll drop to the Bills is if he does something stupid like that, or gets caught snorting coke off of a transvestite's unit.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            No, I meant was the only way he'll drop to the Bills is if he does something stupid like that, or gets caught snorting coke off of a transvestite's unit.
                            Is a straw required for that?

He won't drop, but as Ive said, there will be other QB prospects that may end up ranking right around there.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

At this point, the only one I'd be close to ok with if the Bills picked him in the top 10 is Newton. He has all the intangibles that Josh Freeman has/had coming into the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X