• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Lee Evans Who?

Guess those Double teams on Lee that set up Stevie didn't effect him! The other kids looked great to. Evans suxxxxxxxxx
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lee Evans Who?

he was missed.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

wr and rb, dime a dozen.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

They've lost all of their speed at WR. Johnson can be a star if he gets his head straight and works on his hands, Nelson is impressing me, but they need a burner to stretch the field.

Evans might have caught a couple today and made the game a rout, instead they turned out to be overthrows to slower guys.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Lee would still be running if he cought the crossing route that Jones let hit the turf.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
            Guess those Double teams on Lee that set up Stevie didn't effect him! The other kids looked great to. Evans suxxxxxxxxx
            I like the guy, I'd love to keep him. But I think he's tradeable. I could see us having little drop off with another year of Nelson, Jones, Scoe, and Easley coming back into the mix. Johnson can be a #1, he went toe to toe with Vontae Davis today.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

No Evans and no Parrish means little to no speed on the field, yes. But when the big guys with hands are making plays 7-10 yards down the field, you don't need that deep ball all the time.

Lee Evans, Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Roscoe Parrish, Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt, Marcus Easley... That's 7 receivers who have proven (SO FAR) that they can make plays in the NFL. I admittedly had little faith in Naaman, but boy, he had some decent hands today in traffic.

3 speedsters, 2 size guys, and 2 question marks with potential. I'm ok with this situation of the many for the Buffalo Bills.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
                I like the guy, I'd love to keep him. But I think he's tradeable. I could see us having little drop off with another year of Nelson, Jones, Scoe, and Easley coming back into the mix. Johnson can be a #1, he went toe to toe with Vontae Davis today.

Oh so we can afford to lose Lee but not Whitner?

Losing Lee would create a hole!

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves
                  No Evans and no Parrish means little to no speed on the field, yes. But when the big guys with hands are making plays 7-10 yards down the field, you don't need that deep ball all the time.

Lee Evans, Stevie Johnson, David Nelson, Roscoe Parrish, Donald Jones, Naaman Roosevelt, Marcus Easley... That's 7 receivers who have proven (SO FAR) that they can make plays in the NFL. I admittedly had little faith in Naaman, but boy, he had some decent hands today in traffic.

3 speedsters, 2 size guys, and 2 question marks with potential. I'm ok with this situation of the many for the Buffalo Bills.
                  Easley hasn't played a down.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Oh so we can afford to lose Lee but not Whitner?

Losing Lee would create a hole!
                    If you have a #1 WR (Johnson) and several guys who are solid now as an option for our #2 spot, yes you can lose Lee. When you have only one starter and no one better behind him, losing him is a hole.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

If you have a #1 WR (Johnson) and several guys who are solid now as an option for our #2 spot, yes you can lose Lee. When you have only one starter and no one better behind him, losing him is a hole.

So now Stevie Johnson is a number "1"?

And Wilson would be more than capable to provide the same things Whitner provides. Seeing he has shown it on the field.

And yes, he has played SS on this defense.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

So now Stevie Johnson is a number "1"?

And Wilson would be more than capable to provide the same things Whitner provides. Seeing he has shown it on the field.

And yes, he has played SS on this defense.
                        In my opinion, yes, he is a #1 WR. He was our #1 today against a decent secondary and a very good young CB, and did well.

Wilson is a FS, not a SS, IMO.

I can understand your hatred for the Bills and Whitner, we just don't agree on this stuff.
                        Last edited by X-Era; 12-19-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

In my opinion, yes, he is a #1 WR. He was our #1 today against a decent secondary and a very good young CB, and did well.

Wilson is a FS, not a SS, IMO.

I can understand your hatred for the Bills and Whitner, we just don't agree on this stuff.
                          It's not hatred.

It's a realistic approach to the players.

Is Lee Evans replaceable? Absolutely.

Is Stevie Johnson a number 1 WR? Not yet, but then again neither is Lee Evans.

Is Donte Whitner replaceable? Absolutely.

You don't pay top money to replaceable players. Something this franchise constantly does.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

It's not hatred.

It's a realistic approach to the players.

Is Lee Evans replaceable? Absolutely.

Is Stevie Johnson a number 1 WR? Not yet, but then again neither is Lee Evans.

Is Donte Whitner replaceable? Absolutely.

You don't pay top money to replaceable players. Something this franchise constantly does.
                            1) 5-6 mill is not top money, that's not realistic.

2) I don't think it's a realistic approach to getting better to let a guy leave who is 5th or 6th in the league in total tackles.

3) Any player is replaceable, but this team hardly ever significantly upgrades a loss. And the slow downward spiral has led us to here. I don't want to continue it. If you think we will sign a significant upgrade in FA, that's not realistic.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

1) 5-6 mill is not top money, that's not realistic.

2) I don't think it's a realistic approach to getting better to let a guy leave who is 5th or 6th in the league in total tackles.

3) Any player is replaceable, but this team hardly ever significantly upgrades a loss. And the slow downward spiral has led us to here. I don't want to continue it. If you think we will sign a significant upgrade in FA, that's not realistic.

Donte wants top 5 Safety money, that's 7-8 million a year.

A guy who is only that high in tackles because the front 7 is atrocious, tackles 8-10 yards downfield isn't that impressive...imo almost anyone you'd line back there at SS would pile up tackles on this defense.

Christ man, we're talking about Donte Whitner not Pat Williams. We're not talking about a guy who's a dominant force. We're talking about just a guy, he fills a roster spot, makes some tackles because the front 7-outside of Poz-doesn't do that.

So what happens when you give in, cave, whatever you wanna call it and pay that idiot 6 or 7 million a year? You get Jairus Byrd wanting 7-8 million a year. You get FAs who compare themselves to Whitner wanting that money to come here. You get a corner wanting 10 million a year to play here. It's a snowball effect. Effectively what you've done by paying an average guy big money is completely hamper what else you can do in your secondary.

And no offense, Donte Whitner is not a player worth being the centerpiece of your defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X