PDA

View Full Version : should hangartner return to center?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
since gailey said he wanted to get more physical on the oline during the offseason on buffalo rumblings do you think eric wood will stay at center?

if he does and hang moves to backup interior spot, than who will be the new RG?

urbik? rinehart? draft pick? free agent?

also how will we solve our rt spot?

do you guys think we can get carl nicks? justin blalock? david baas? evan mathis?

psubills62
12-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Honestly, I would draft an OG in rounds 4-7. Then have Wood move to center and Urbik and Hang fight it out at RG, with the loser of that fight becoming the top backup at all interior positions. I would like that as a solid interior while upgrading the OT's through the draft.

Ideally, I'd like to get one more dominant interior player to push Urbik and Hang both to backup positions. Always need to look at improving the OL.

ServoBillieves
12-20-2010, 01:23 AM
... I hate to jump in and be the *******, but is it somehow ironic to Bills philosophy that we're asking who should start on the O-Line because we have capable players?

This creeps me out... Yet excites me at the same time, though RT is still going to be a gaping hole til it's fixed (props to Wrotto and Howard for doing decently, though)

AM I SEEING OPTIMISM ON THIS BOARD?!

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 01:25 AM
how do you guys feel about steve schilling og michigan?

also do you think we have a outside shot at carl nicks?

Michael82
12-20-2010, 01:55 AM
I love Eric Wood at center. It's where he belongs and most of us have been calling for it since he was drafted. I also liked Urbik at RG and would be fine with him starting if he's healthy.

jamze132
12-20-2010, 03:18 AM
Wood needs to stay at C the rest of his career.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2010, 06:17 AM
I wonder how Hang would hang as a RG?

X-Era
12-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Gailey is going to start the best guys. And while Wood may be a better C than Hang, he would need to see a RG as good as Wood to make the move, IMO.

I'd like Wood to remain at C, but I don't want to weaken RG. To me, it depends on who they bring into that role.

As for Hang, make him the primary backup at C and G. We need to get better depth on the OL.

Extremebillsfan247
12-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Hangartner is the starting Center. Wood will go back to playing Guard when Hangman comes back. I wouldn't read too much into Wood playing Center other than for fill ins. He is a good secondary option there, but putting Hangman on the sidelines or letting him go altogether so Wood could play Center actually hurts your depth on the Oline. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I agree with EBF, I thought Hang has played well at Center this year. Wood is a better RG than Center, at this point anyways.

Hang at C and Wood at RG > Wood at C and anyone on the roster at RG.

psubills62
12-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Hang was a valuable backup for the Panthers at all interior positions, and he's got experience at OG. I don't think moving Wood to center and using Hang/Urbik at OG hurts the interior depth at all.

better days
12-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Hangartner is the starting Center. Wood will go back to playing Guard when Hangman comes back. I wouldn't read too much into Wood playing Center other than for fill ins. He is a good secondary option there, but putting Hangman on the sidelines or letting him go altogether so Wood could play Center actually hurts your depth on the Oline. Not a good idea in my opinion.

Nobody is saying let Hangartner go, he is a great back up for the entire interior of the line. Wood will prove to be a much better Center however.

Night Train
12-20-2010, 10:25 AM
Hang gets pushed into the backfield by big NG's.

Wood does not.

better days
12-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Gailey is going to start the best guys. And while Wood may be a better C than Hang, he would need to see a RG as good as Wood to make the move, IMO.

I'd like Wood to remain at C, but I don't want to weaken RG. To me, it depends on who they bring into that role.

As for Hang, make him the primary backup at C and G. We need to get better depth on the OL.

IMO, the RG does not have to be as good as Wood, he just has to be better at that position than Hangartner is at Center.

justasportsfan
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Don't know yet. We weren't opening holes yesterday. According to Gailey yesterdays OL played its worst game in terms of mental mistakes in the run game

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
does anyone think we have a real shot at getting carl nicks? i think he is a top 3 guard...