PDA

View Full Version : Question about RW's quote

ELAYAS
12-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Hey guys, had an exam all day yesterday and just caught the last 4 minutes of the game.

After reading this Ralph Wilson's quote at Chris Brown's blog:
“We pick a guy up in the middle of the week and he starts for us on Sunday. We were in three games with three great teams (Baltimore, Kansas City, Pittsburgh). Buddy and Chan have done a wonderful job and the players have played hard. We should be much, much better next year.”

I'm curious about who is that "guy"... I don't even know if he started this week or some other one, as RW seems to be recollecting the whole season.

Thanks (and sorry about the quote not being in it's "official" form, I don't post that much, just know to quote people in the forum).

YardRat
12-20-2010, 05:04 AM
I can't recall anybody this season that fits that scenario.

buffalobillsfan95
12-20-2010, 05:16 AM
TE Chandler?

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2010, 05:48 AM
I would say Chandler

TMu11
12-20-2010, 05:50 AM
I was going to say the new TE, but I can't say for sure.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 05:58 AM
I think it was more of a generic statement about how we have picked up guys like Urbik, Rinehart, Wrotto, Chandler, et. al. and they end up starting soon after they join us. I didn't take it as a specific reference, but more of a statement of how we have, out of necessity, worked several castoffs quickly into our lineup.

tampabay25690
12-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Rinehart, by the way I think he has played pretty damn good.
I think the whole O Line has stepped up and played much better....

Buffalo Thriller
12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Even Wrotto is doing okay.

Novacane
12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
For once I agree with Ralph. I think the Bills will be much better next year.

Ebenezer
12-20-2010, 09:29 AM
For once I agree with Ralph. I think the Bills will be much better next year.
the schedule will be much more friendly than it was this year.

Beebe's Kid
12-20-2010, 10:05 AM
the schedule will be much more friendly than it was this year.

That will be nice. This year's schedule was brutal. Of course, the whole Trent debacle didn't help...as we spotted the league two quick ones.

Figster
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey guys, had an exam all day yesterday and just caught the last 4 minutes of the game.

After reading this Ralph Wilson's quote at Chris Brown's blog:
“We pick a guy up in the middle of the week and he starts for us on Sunday. We were in three games with three great teams (Baltimore, Kansas City, Pittsburgh). Buddy and Chan have done a wonderful job and the players have played hard. We should be much, much better next year.”

I'm curious about who is that "guy"... I don't even know if he started this week or some other one, as RW seems to be recollecting the whole season.

Thanks (and sorry about the quote not being in it's "official" form, I don't post that much, just know to quote people in the forum).

Its been a long and hard decade of losing football for Die hard Bills fans, but it does appear like we can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Myself personally, I know RW's intentions have always been good. While I may not have agreed with everything Ralphs done in the past I know his heart was always in the right place. I hope the Bills will turn things around first and foremost for the Bills HOF owner, Ralph Wilson.

Thanks Ralph, Merry Christmas and God Bless...:gobills:

SabreEleven
12-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Who the hell has an exam on a Sunday?

paranoid
12-20-2010, 10:39 AM

Maybe an online class where they get a two or three day window to take it.

We could still use an OT and better run blocking overall, but it should be interesting to see what Rhinehart, Wrotto, Urbik and Wang can do next year in at least establishing decent O line depth.

OpIv37
12-20-2010, 10:45 AM
It's amazing how 4 wins under Gailey seem so much more promising than 7 wins under Jauron. We are winning some games and staying competitive with some good teams despite having zero talent.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
It's amazing how 4 wins under Gailey seem so much more promising than 7 wins under Jauron. We are winning some games and staying competitive with some good teams despite having zero talent.
I think there's some decent talent on the Bills. We just lack major stars.

trapezeus
12-20-2010, 10:54 AM
gailey = changes at halftime to go ahead and secure wins, come from behind, keep teams having to play us honest.

Jauron = one simple gameplan that the fans can figure out. no changes in t he second half as teams slip the noose over us.

That's why this season actually feels good, despite being a bad team.

Only a few teams have made a mockery of us, but in each of those cases, it was a team fail as a whole that lead to the loss. vikings and jets, no one did anything. the first two games didn't really count.

I feel ok with the direction of this team. they just can't go into the next season with the same lack of talent. they need day 1 starters in the draft, and some real FA pickups that aren't at the tail end of their careers or one hit wonders.

Figster
12-20-2010, 11:10 AM
gailey = changes at halftime to go ahead and secure wins, come from behind, keep teams having to play us honest.

Jauron = one simple gameplan that the fans can figure out. no changes in t he second half as teams slip the noose over us.

That's why this season actually feels good, despite being a bad team.

Only a few teams have made a mockery of us, but in each of those cases, it was a team fail as a whole that lead to the loss. vikings and jets, no one did anything. the first two games didn't really count.

I feel ok with the direction of this team. they just can't go into the next season with the same lack of talent. they need day 1 starters in the draft, and some real FA pickups that aren't at the tail end of their careers or one hit wonders.

When you look at how many games the Bills were close to winning this season against playoff caliber opponents, it makes you wonder If one game changer/pass rusher like Aaron Schobel could have made the difference.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Kind of makes Shawne Merriman look like a fool now, doesn't it?

trapezeus
12-20-2010, 11:27 AM
When you look at how many games the Bills were close to winning this season against playoff caliber opponents, it makes you wonder If one game changer/pass rusher like Aaron Schobel could have made the difference.

you never can tell, but i'm glad schobel stayed away. we needed to move on and see what we have in younger players. Maybe we win one game because of schobel. But that still has us under .500.

True it could have snowballed and become a crazy run, but you're gambling on that. The less risky move was to go into a bad season and find the longer term solution.

OpIv37
12-20-2010, 11:33 AM
I think there's some decent talent on the Bills. We just lack major stars.

I think the only guys we have right now with actual proven talent are Kyle Williams, Florence, McGee (when healthy), Parrish on punts (when he keeps his head in the game) and that's about it.

I think there are some guys who have the potential to be talented- Moats, Carrington, Spiller, Steve Johnson, Wood, Levitre, Fitzpatrick, maybe Troup. But I hesitate because we've had TONS of players with potential who didn't pan out over the last decade.

Anyway, the point is that these guys improved over the course of the season under Gailey, so I'm confident that Gailey can win IF he gets some talent. That's a big IF, considering we still have a lot of the same morons in the FO and Ralph writing the checks, but it's more than we've had in a long time.

BigZ
12-20-2010, 01:51 PM
We have some guys now that can compete in training camp but I agree that we need some better talent. I hope Ralph will write some checks and go after some free agents.

The problem with relying on the draft and rookies is that it takes some time to get the experience. Look at Moats and Carrington. They weren't contributors until they started a few games and unless you come out of the chocks and win immediately you will be toast in the AFC East.

Sign a couple of impact players and go after talent. Blend that with the guys who are gaining experience week by week this year and I agree that we ought to be much better.

ELAYAS
12-20-2010, 01:52 PM

I don't know if I'm using the correct word here, but it was a test to a public job (to be an analyst at the comission that takes care of our stock market), and tests for this kind of stuff and to join universities are pretty common around here.

And no, I didn't do well at all... :banghead:
let's hope I can get into one of those management trainees programs...
:biggrin:

In the mean time, GO BILLS! Even if the season is "lost", let's end it with four straight! It will be a much better 6-10 than last year's...
:cheers: