• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Why did McCargo survive this long?

I know there is a lot of talk about how down t he bills are on maybin. There is chatter that he could be cut. What about McCargo? how has this guy stayed on the team this long even with new players being brought in?

HAs he played a down? he was inactive this sunday. Why didn't they cut him first when they needed space? Is it simply that he's a cheap player at this point of his contract?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why did McCargo survive this long?

Originally posted by trapezeus
    I know there is a lot of talk about how down t he bills are on maybin. There is chatter that he could be cut. What about McCargo? how has this guy stayed on the team this long even with new players being brought in?

HAs he played a down? he was inactive this sunday. Why didn't they cut him first when they needed space? Is it simply that he's a cheap player at this point of his contract?
    Could just be a numbers game. Without Dwan Edwards we are razor thin at DE to begin with.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I think he got a few snaps a couple of weeks ago when Stroud was injured too.

But when our DE's are healthy he doesn't even dress, and even when they're not, he rarely sees the field. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington get the reps ahead of him. The guy is a complete waste.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

C'mon, trap, I think he had an assisted tackle in the Minnesota game, although I can't find it in the team stats. What more can you expect from a former 1st round pick?

Seriously, I think DB might be right - he's a warm body (with some experience) occupying a depth spot until we replace him next year.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Apparently Ralph is embarrassed of the pictures of him and the goat. (Unlike DraftBoy who is proud of what he did to the goat, the sick freak)
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

it wasn't really meant to bash mccargo. i forgot he was on the team. then i saw the blo news listed who was inactive and he was. I just know the bills have been signing guys left and right and IR-ing people to make space. how mccargo survived those cuts is amazing.

now on to the bashing of Mccargo. Better or worse than Tim Anderson. A fair answer would be wash.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

He's Tim Anderson without the charisma. Oh, wait. . .
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                • Nov 2009

I wonder if he still uses his NFL status to get laid? If so...tick, tick, tick.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

mmmm. pretty sure you get to use that till the day you die.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    He's Tim Anderson without the charisma. Oh, wait. . .

at least fat ass anderson saw the field

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

0 tackles, just behind the likes of Craig Urbik, Stevie Johnson, Garrison Sanborn and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Does the defense have a scout team like the offense uses?? Just a thought.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

im pretty sure marcus stroud, spencer johnson and mccargo are gone after this year...

we will pick up a 5 tech 34de in free agency and one in the draft...

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

I don't know if I can answer your question in the thread title. How about this:

Because you can never have enough defensive linemen inactive?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                              Apparently Ralph is embarrassed of the pictures of him and the goat. (Unlike DraftBoy who is proud of what he did to the goat, the sick freak)
                              I won the bet didn't I?
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X