PDA

View Full Version : Why did McCargo survive this long?

trapezeus
12-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I know there is a lot of talk about how down t he bills are on maybin. There is chatter that he could be cut. What about McCargo? how has this guy stayed on the team this long even with new players being brought in?

HAs he played a down? he was inactive this sunday. Why didn't they cut him first when they needed space? Is it simply that he's a cheap player at this point of his contract?

DraftBoy
12-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I know there is a lot of talk about how down t he bills are on maybin. There is chatter that he could be cut. What about McCargo? how has this guy stayed on the team this long even with new players being brought in?

HAs he played a down? he was inactive this sunday. Why didn't they cut him first when they needed space? Is it simply that he's a cheap player at this point of his contract?

Could just be a numbers game. Without Dwan Edwards we are razor thin at DE to begin with.

OpIv37
12-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I think he got a few snaps a couple of weeks ago when Stroud was injured too.

But when our DE's are healthy he doesn't even dress, and even when they're not, he rarely sees the field. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington get the reps ahead of him. The guy is a complete waste.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 12:11 PM

C'mon, trap, I think he had an assisted tackle in the Minnesota game, although I can't find it in the team stats. What more can you expect from a former 1st round pick?

Seriously, I think DB might be right - he's a warm body (with some experience) occupying a depth spot until we replace him next year.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Apparently Ralph is embarrassed of the pictures of him and the goat. (Unlike DraftBoy who is proud of what he did to the goat, the sick freak)

trapezeus
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
it wasn't really meant to bash mccargo. i forgot he was on the team. then i saw the blo news listed who was inactive and he was. I just know the bills have been signing guys left and right and IR-ing people to make space. how mccargo survived those cuts is amazing.

now on to the bashing of Mccargo. Better or worse than Tim Anderson. A fair answer would be wash.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
He's Tim Anderson without the charisma. Oh, wait. . .

Beebe's Kid
12-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I wonder if he still uses his NFL status to get laid? If so...tick, tick, tick.

imbondz
12-20-2010, 12:49 PM
mmmm. pretty sure you get to use that till the day you die.

djjimkelly
12-20-2010, 01:32 PM
He's Tim Anderson without the charisma. Oh, wait. . .

at least fat ass anderson saw the field

ServoBillieves
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
0 tackles, just behind the likes of Craig Urbik, Stevie Johnson, Garrison Sanborn and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Ebenezer
12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Does the defense have a scout team like the offense uses?? Just a thought.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
im pretty sure marcus stroud, spencer johnson and mccargo are gone after this year...

we will pick up a 5 tech 34de in free agency and one in the draft...

X-Era
12-20-2010, 04:18 PM

I don't know if I can answer your question in the thread title. How about this:

Because you can never have enough defensive linemen inactive?

DraftBoy
12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Apparently Ralph is embarrassed of the pictures of him and the goat. (Unlike DraftBoy who is proud of what he did to the goat, the sick freak)

I won the bet didn't I?

Extremebillsfan247
12-20-2010, 04:53 PM

HAs he played a down? he was inactive this sunday. Why didn't they cut him first when they needed space? Is it simply that he's a cheap player at this point of his contract?He has all the physical tools to be a pretty good dlineman, maybe the Bills are trying to hold on to him in hopes that maybe he blooms into something resembling a good player late. But, they can only let it go for so long before they have to start looking elsewhere. Someone else here mentioned that it could be a numbers thing. That could also be the case.

As far as him being a former first rounder, it doesn't matter to this coaching staff since they didn't draft him. They are just looking in depth at who they can salvage, and who they can afford to move on without. McCargo is probably one of a few players on the proverbial bubble. It's likely that the Bills will either cut him, or let him play out his contract, and allow him to enter free agency. JMO

Oaf
12-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I mean, the guy had a solid campaign in '07 I believe, just been a waste of space since then. I'd call him slightly worse than Anderson. Kinda feel bad for the guy..

Ebenezer
12-20-2010, 05:12 PM
I mean, the guy had a solid campaign in '07 I believe, just been a waste of space since then. I'd call him slightly worse than Anderson. Kinda feel bad for the guy..
like a long list of other "busts" it isn't his fault the bills traded up to pick him long before he should have been.