PDA

View Full Version : which free agent RT or RT draft pick do you want?

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
i want gabe carimi, and if we cant get him i want macus cannon or fa jeromey clary...

X-Era
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
i want gabe carimi, and if we cant get him i want macus cannon or fa jeromey clary...
In the draft I would like any of the following:

Derek Sherrod- May be able to play LT as well
DeMarcus Love
Gabe Carimi
Lee Zeimba
Chris Hairston

I guy I like late or UDFA is Rich Lapham

I think Marcus Cannon should move inside.

My sleeper is Johnny Culbreath out of So Car St. I think he can play LT as well.

In FA, maybe someone like Doug Free who really belongs on the right side IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
In the draft I would like any of the following:

Derek Sherrod- May be able to play LT as well
DeMarcus Love
Gabe Carimi
Lee Zeimba
Chris Hairston

I guy I like late or UDFA is Rich Lapham

I think Marcus Cannon should move inside.

My sleeper is Johnny Culbreath out of So Car St. I think he can play LT as well.

so your thinking take a rt in rd 2 or 3, more so rd 2 right?

X-Era
12-20-2010, 03:47 PM
so your thinking take a rt in rd 2 or 3, more so rd 2 right?I would take Carimi, Sherrod, or Love in the 2nd. I would grab Zeimba, Culbreath, or Hairston in the 4th, or Lapham as a 7th rounder or UDFA.

Buffalo Thriller
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Zeimba is a monster

ServoBillieves
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
If he lasts in to the second, Joseph Barksdale, but I'm not sure he'd move from the left side.

DraftBoy
12-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Jah Reid

JCBills
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Jeremy Trueblood looks like he'll hit the market. He was just demoted, but is still an upgrade over what we have. Ryan O'Callaghan, Tyson Clabo, Doug Free....any of these guys would be a major help on the right side, if Nix can get any of them to sign it would be huge. I'd like to see them take a tackle in the 3rd or with one of our two 4th rounders either way.

X-Era
12-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Jeremy Trueblood looks like he'll hit the market. He was just demoted, but is still an upgrade over what we have. Ryan O'Callaghan, Tyson Clabo, Doug Free....any of these guys would be a major help on the right side, if Nix can get any of them to sign it would be huge. I'd like to see them take a tackle in the 3rd or with one of our two 4th rounders either way.Agreed. If were stuck with the second tier route, don't put all your hopes in the next Cornell Green.

Extremebillsfan247
12-20-2010, 05:07 PM
i want gabe carimi, and if we cant get him i want macus cannon or fa jeromey clary...I think we should keep this oline together and allow it to gel some. It isn't the best out there, but continuity on the oline is probably one of the most crucial points to the success of an offense besides the QB. Unless a guy is available that immediately upgrades the position, I would leave it as is. JMO

JCBills
12-20-2010, 05:13 PM
I think we should keep this oline together and allow it to gel some. It isn't the best out there, but continuity on the oline is probably one of the most crucial points to the success of an offense besides the QB. Unless a guy is available that immediately upgrades the position, I would leave it as is. JMO

4 of the positions look fairly set. Levitre has really turned it on. Bell is living up to his potential and still could get better. Hang isn't great but probably better than a lot of people give him credit for, and Wood has owned some of the best interior lineman in the league. Urbik looks like he'll be good depth at guard. A few talented RTs look to be available in the offseason, and this draft class has some intriguing big bodies in it. If we can sign one and draft another between the 2nd and 5th we may have landed a solid starter and quality depth.

bflojohn
12-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd like the free agency period to "solve" the offensive problems such as ORT and TE. The draft should be young, nasty, smart and quick defenders ALL!!!

Mr. Pink
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I believe Matt Light will be an FA after this year.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
I believe Matt Light will be an FA after this year.

hes going to be 33... id rather take

jeromey clary
ryan ocallaghan
doug free
tyson clabo
marshal yanda

or draft gabe carimi in rd 2

Mr. Pink
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
hes going to be 33... id rather take

jeromey clary
ryan ocallaghan
doug free
tyson clabo
marshal yanda

or draft gabe carimi in rd 2

He should have about 3 good seasons left in the tank. Plus provides veteran leadership and this team could use all the winners it can get to infuse that kind of culture in the locker room.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-20-2010, 09:19 PM
He should have about 3 good seasons left in the tank. Plus provides veteran leadership and this team could use all the winners it can get to infuse that kind of culture in the locker room.

yeah maybe, id rather go with a younger talent...

WeAreArthurMoates
12-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Ryan Harris is my favorite FA tackle but he's too light for what Chan is looking for. I like Trueblood and Cablo, they fit in perfectly for what this o line wants to do. Cablo is a big upgrade, Trueblood is inconsistant, especially in pass pro but has shown flashes as a dominant run blocker.

mrbojanglezs
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
isn't gaither a FA?

Danny Duberstein
12-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Honestly, I don't know much about any of the RT prospects. At least, not enough to talk about them (without totally talking out of my ass). But I do know, that teams don't let good linemen walk. There are not enough good OLinemen to go around, in the NFL, so no team is going to let a good lineman just walk away in free agency (ok, maybe us). If a lineman is a free agent...he sucks, and I don't want him.

So we need to draft a RT this year. Preferably in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. I actually wouldn't mind taking two OT's before the 5th.

JCBills
12-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Honestly, I don't know much about any of the RT prospects. At least, not enough to talk about them (without totally talking out of my ass). But I do know, that teams don't let good linemen walk. There are not enough good OLinemen to go around, in the NFL, so no team is going to let a good lineman just walk away in free agency (ok, maybe us). If a lineman is a free agent...he sucks, and I don't want him.

So we need to draft a RT this year. Preferably in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round. I actually wouldn't mind taking two OT's before the 5th.

Sometimes it comes down to money. Teams that are stacked with great players at skill positions in contract years will put them before lineman.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
im willing to bet that if they draft a rt it will be gabe carimi as he reminds me of jumbo elliot, or joseph barksdale. they are maulers in the run game.

if they go with a free agent i see

jeromey clary, ryan ocallaghan, and doug free as top prospects...

i think they will draft one...