X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Fitz's season more than just production

“Fitz is a difference maker,” said Eric Wood. “He does what he has to do to put us in a position to win. A lot of times he’s making a lot of plays for us and he makes us look really good.”

“Fitz has had a knack for working guys in and not letting it be a detriment and letting those guys go have an opportunity to make plays,” Gailey said.

“There are not many quarterbacks in the league today that will set aside extra time to sit in film rooms with a receiver one-on-one and go over coverages and get a teammate’s thoughts about how they’re going to run routes or set up defenders.

I wonder if both Brohm and Brown are anywhere near Fitz when they watch film together with the wr's.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Fitz's season more than just production

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    “Fitz is a difference maker,” said Eric Wood. “He does what he has to do to put us in a position to win. A lot of times he’s making a lot of plays for us and he makes us look really good.”

“Fitz has had a knack for working guys in and not letting it be a detriment and letting those guys go have an opportunity to make plays,” Gailey said.

“There are not many quarterbacks in the league today that will set aside extra time to sit in film rooms with a receiver one-on-one and go over coverages and get a teammate’s thoughts about how they’re going to run routes or set up defenders.

I wonder if both Brohm and Brown are anywhere near Fitz when they watch film together with the wr's.
    Sounds like they should be. Also sounds like Fitz will make an excellent coach when his playing days are over.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

He certainly has been a difference maker this year.

He's made the offense look competent almost on a weekly basis, something that hasn't been seen around here since Bledsoe.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
        • Dec 2004

I love his grasp of the mental side of the game. It's exciting watching him change plays at the line because you know there's a good chance he's about to exploit the defense for a positive play. If he can fix some of his shortcomings this offseason, he could be in for a huge year in 2011.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TheBrownBear
          I love his grasp of the mental side of the game. It's exciting watching him change plays at the line because you know there's a good chance he's about to exploit the defense for a positive play. If he can fix some of his shortcomings this offseason, he could be in for a huge year in 2011.
          I would argue the point that he has fixed some of his shortcomings during this year.

Coming into the preseason, I maintained that he couldn't throw a football. I thought that keeping Brohm would have been a better idea....then I saw Fitz in the preseason. I was watching with my family, and I remember tellin my wife "something happened...Fitz looks way better than he did last year."

He has way more zip on his passes this year, and as the season has progressed, I think he is getting am better feel for the throws he can't make.

Comment

• T-Long
            Circling the Wagons since 1982.
            • Sep 2003

He is the perfect QB to have on your roster...the guy can win games and helps out the team in many different areas. He will help our new rookie QB coming in immensely. Problem is, I think some teams may offer him a starting role and will leave after his contract is up. Draft a QB, let him learn under Fitz for a year, then take over in 2012

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
              He is the perfect QB to have on your roster...the guy can win games and helps out the team in many different areas. He will help our new rookie QB coming in immensely. Problem is, I think some teams may offer him a starting role and will leave after his contract is up. Draft a QB, let him learn under Fitz for a year, then take over in 2012
              Why, why, why? Why do you people think it is a foregone conclusion we are even going to draft a QB this year? Why does everyone discount Fitz and his ability to improve? He is athletic as hell, he has plenty of arm strength, he is a leader, he is smart, he is improving.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

this Ol is just night and day when Fitz is the qb compared to Trent.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  this Ol is just night and day when Fitz is the qb compared to Trent.

Outside of the Vikings games, I agree.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Regardless of whether he's viewed as the future "franchise" QB of the Bills, they should lock him up this offseason for sure. Look how he helps the young WRs. Imagine how he'll help a young QB. He deserves a nice extension.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

maybe if they gave him a raise he could afford get his beard shaved.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Outside of the Vikings games, I agree.
                        Our OL was a revolving door at the Vikings game. What's the point here? Just curious for another opinion.
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Hopefully he doesn't ask for a million dollars per helmet size. He has the biggest helmet in the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                            Our OL was a revolving door at the Vikings game. What's the point here? Just curious for another opinion.

Just that the OL hasn't looked better every game Fitz has started instead of Trent, I guess.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              Just that the OL hasn't looked better every game Fitz has started instead of Trent, I guess.
                              to think that our Ol hasn't exactly been intact all season long either. Players have been moved around a lot.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X