PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Impressed With Steve Johnson

JCBills
12-21-2010, 11:48 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Belichick-impressed-with-Bills-Steve-Johnson.html

"He’s quick, fast, aggressive, goes up for the ball. I think he’s definitely a go-to guy for them. He’s produced a lot of big plays and it looks like they have a lot of confidence in him. They try to get him the ball on tear screens, catch-and-run plays, underneath routes, things like that, as well as throwing it down field. He’s definitely emerged as a big weapon in their offense."

jamze132
12-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Belichick definitely knows football. I wish he was our DC.

paranoid
12-22-2010, 07:23 AM
I wish Belichick paid less attention to our weapons, strengths, weaknesses and tendencies. It'd be nice to sneak up on him some time, but it's not going to happen.

Oldbillsfan
12-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Guess hes watched a lot of "film"on him

Mr. Miyagi
12-22-2010, 08:17 AM
My prediction is that Evans will have a big day.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2010, 08:27 AM
My prediction is that Evans will have a big day.
Sounds good, except that he's on IR with a high ankle sprain.

Mike13
12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
He was an excellent find for you guys, now if only he could keep his **** off the internets.

YardRat
12-22-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't give a **** what Belicheck thinks.

Would love to see Stevie get a second chance at a game-winning TD against the Cheaters, though, and actually pull it off this time.

BertSquirtgum
12-22-2010, 09:10 AM
i hate the patriots, i hope moats does to brady what he did to favre. **** you tom brady.

better days
12-22-2010, 09:42 AM
He was an excellent find for you guys, now if only he could keep his **** off the internets.

Whoever hacked his account, put it up there for Fins fans to enjoy.

mchurchfie
12-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Bellichick is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass about Buffalo like he always does before they pound us into the ground. Even though he is spot on about Stevie he is too egotistical to actually mean it. Probably highly unlikely, but I hope Moats uses Brady for a pinata this Sunday. The only way you are going to beat Brady is to put heat on him at all times even if he does hit you with the big play. I would blitz 100% this Sunday and make sure he remembers his visit to Buffalo when he leaves all beat up with sunglasses, makeup, amd his scarf on. **** the Patsies!

justasportsfan
12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Blitzing Brady bad idea?

This season there are 150 plays in which teams have brought pressure against Brady and his stats are as follows 90 completions (60%) for 1,200 yards, seven TDs, 2 INTs and nine sacks.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/22/blitzing-brady-bad-idea/

mchurchfie
12-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Blitzing Brady bad idea?

This season there are 150 plays in which teams have brought pressure against Brady and his stats are as follows 90 completions (60%) for 1,200 yards, seven TDs, 2 INTs and nine sacks.

Who cares about the TDs, as long as we put him on the turf and bruise him up real good.:) I would rather force him to have to make a play and hit us with a quick TD rather than put him in his comfort zone and let dink and dunk us all day. At least a quick one will get our offense back on the field. Time to roll the dice baby!:)

Ickybaluky
12-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't think Belichick is alone in being impressed with Steve Johnson. He has had a pretty good year. He is leading the team in receptions, receiving yards and TDs --- one would think that any opposing coach is going to notice that when preparing to play the Bills.

ChristopherWalken
12-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Blitzing Brady bad idea?

That offense capitalizes on the screen and the nickle and dime. It is very difficult to blitz Brady (especially with a healthy Welker) but that's not to say it can't be done.

I think if the Bills can slow down Brady just enough Fitz and the offense should be able to put one over on that Patriots defense.

Ickybaluky
12-22-2010, 11:01 AM
That offense capitalizes on the screen and the nickle and dime.

You really haven't watched the Patriots offense much if you think that.

Ickybaluky
12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
BTW,

Belichick loves Fred Jackson as well:

LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post?id=23586)

justasportsfan
12-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Who cares about the TDs, as long as we put him on the turf and bruise him up real good.:) I would rather force him to have to make a play and hit us with a quick TD rather than put him in his comfort zone and let dink and dunk us all day. At least a quick one will get our offense back on the field. Time to roll the dice baby!:)

I agree. If we give him time, he'll hurt us anyways. If we rush him he could hurt us. Beat Marsha down.

The biggest thing for us is to control the ball and keep the ***** off the field.

THRILLHO
12-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Belichek could be preparing for a game of his team vs a peewee team and he would talk them up:

"Yeah, that nine year old RB is super quick, and we have been making sure to game plan for him.... This is a very fast, good football team...."

Mr. Pink
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Belichick talks up people on the opposition every week.

This is nothing new, he was doing it back in 1991 as coach of the Browns.

madness
12-22-2010, 03:39 PM
The coach speak excuse is such horse **** and I'm tired of hearing it. These guys know how to break down film and Bilichick is one of the best.

Everything he said about SJ and FJ is the truth he sees on film, plain and simple. He's not talking anybody up. He saw what he needed to on film and plans on shutting it down which he almost always does.

Mr. Pink
12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
The coach speak excuse is such horse **** and I'm tired of hearing it. These guys know how to break down film and Bilichick is one of the best.

Everything he said about SJ and FJ is the truth he sees on film, plain and simple. He's not talking anybody up. He saw what he needed to on film and plans on shutting it down which he almost always does.

Whether he actually feels that way about those two guys is something you can't tell. He does this every week about someone on the opposition. Belichick never talks up his own guys, at least publicly, week after week he talks up someone on the opposition.

Like I said, he's done it since 1991.

madness
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM
Whether he actually feels that way about those two guys is something you can't tell. He does this every week about someone on the opposition. Belichick never talks up his own guys, at least publicly, week after week he talks up someone on the opposition.

Like I said, he's done it since 1991.
Most coaches try to refrain from talking up their own guys, even Gailey has stated he doesn't like to do it. My point is that all he's doing is stating facts. No where did he state he's overly concerned or worried about stopping either of those players... the media is just making assumptions which leads to ridiculous assumptions by the fans. Belichick does nothing different in a press conference than what most coaches do.

justasportsfan
12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
i remember BB being impressed with Kelsay last yea the week we played them

justasportsfan
12-22-2010, 05:15 PM
here he is talking about our 30th ranked D last year

Q: Why do you think their run defense isn't so good?

BB:I think statistically I know what that is, but I would say overall I think their run defense is good..........Their inside players are very good, of course, [Marcus] Stroud, [Aaron] Schobel, [Ryan] Denney, [Chris] Kelsay, [Spencer] Johnson and [Kyle] Williams. They are all good players. [Paul] Posluszny is a good middle linebacker. He makes a lot of tackles. They're fast at linebacker.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=VideoNewsdetail&pid=40972&pcid=155&searchstring=

Ickybaluky
12-27-2010, 12:00 PM
He may talk teams up before games, but he wasn't kidding about Fred Jackson.

According to the CBS broadcast team, Belichick put Fred Jackson on his Pro Bowl ballot.