• Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Source: Bills Headed To Fourth Black Out of 2010

not a shock of course, but got quotes from a organizational rep... Not good
    -----------
    I spoke to a representative within the Buffalo Bills organization and it appears that the home finale this Sunday against New England will not sell out in time for the NFL “Black Out” rule to be lifted.

Although he couldn’t give an exact amount still available because the team is still selling tickets, he admitted it’s not close to selling out.

“We are unlikely to have it sold out in time to lift the blackout,” he said. “It’s always a tough time with late December games, but the fans have been very loyal and supportive this entire season.”

After selling out 26 consecutive home games dating back to December 24, 2006, this would be the fourth Bills home game this season to be blacked out on local television.

While Bills fans appear to be as passionate about their team as ever, it’s hard to argue that overall interest hasn’t wavered. When you take into account the Chicago Bears “home” game in Toronto, less than half of the Bills true home games this season have sold out. Surely, it can’t be easy to market a football team when half the home games aren’t available on TV.

At this point, the only hope remaining to see the Bills on television is a corporation buying up a large chunk of tickets, or perhaps Roger Goodell will suddenly get in the Christmas giving mood and lift blackout restrictions for this week.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Source: Bills Headed To Fourth Black Out of 2010

To be honest, I can't even remember the last time the Bills had 4 blackouts in one season. can't find the information anywhere and as you'd suspect, no one in the organization will clarify.

Comment

• Cleve
      • Oct 2004

Even worse, these games are blacked out all the way to Syracuse. I had hoped to watch the Bills Browns game when driving thru Syracuse that day. So I went to a sports bar in Syracuse - game was BLACKED OUT. I had to stream it on my laptop And this sports bar was 170 miles from the stadium - ridiculous! There are likely areas 200 miles from Ralph Wilson Stadium that are under 'blackout' - its a disgrace!

Given the millions of dollars of taxpayer money that goes into funding Ralph Wilson Jr's cash cow, our politicians should be putting heat on Wilson AND the NFL to correct this problem.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
        Will not tolerate vandalism.
        • Apr 2006

Who would want to see a game that, given the past few years as reference, is certain to be a blowout loss?

With that in mind, consider this: the Bills are 3-1 in blacked out games so far, and 0-2 in televised home games.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
          Who would want to see a game that, given the past few years as reference, is certain to be a blowout loss?

With that in mind, consider this: the Bills are 3-1 in blacked out games so far, and 0-2 in televised home games.
          2-1 in blackout home games, unless by 3-1 you mean the Bills are a lock to beat NE Sunday

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I wonder if the Miami game was blacked out last week. A beautiful day, a team that needs to win to stay in the playoff hunt and the stadium was half empty.

Comment

• Griz78
              • Sep 2002

If you bought a Bills Jersey at the Stadium Store you got 2 Free Tix.
              If you bought a Large Pizza and 20 Wings from Just Pizza you got 2 Free Tix also!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

Hmm, they have under 2k tix left, I think a company will buy those up.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

It would be great to see Ralph step up and buy the tix up on the cheap. . Tho that 2,000 number is inaccurate, at least as of this morning.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    It would be great to see Ralph step up and buy the tix up on the cheap. . Tho that 2,000 number is inaccurate, at least as of this morning.
                    Hmm, do you know the number, Bills ticket exchange say 1600k, that's what I was going off of.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
                      Hmm, do you know the number, Bills ticket exchange say 1600k, that's what I was going off of.
                      Don't know the exact number, but its more than that..at least as of now. The rep I spoke too wasn't allowed to give an exact number, but he was quoted as saying a sellout before blackout is not likely.

you never know though until it happens. Who knows, maybe Ralph or maybe a major company steps up, they got til 1pm Thursday and if they are close they can get a 24 hour extension.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

if the bills look at this at anything other than a statement about the quality of the team they put forth, they are kidding themselves. It's not about local economics or fan support. it's what happens when 10 years of **** teams are put out and you put out an even worse one at the start of year 11.

If they win or even play these last two games close, next year will be sold out before a single game is played next year. We were asked to Billieve with a QB half the fans didn't want starting, a 3 headed beast at running back and no receivers. Our draft pick was a good player but not an immediate need. We knew the defense was changing and nothing was added to bolster anything.

We still sold out the first two games to give them a chance. Then when they crapped the bed, it was over for a lot of us. We didn't have the charity to pay to see that again. Plus there was a four week hiatus where they didn't play in buffao and still didn't win.

Now we have a QB who is playing well. a running game that's ok, WR's that have stepped up and made games exciting. A high draft pick that most likely will be in a place of need. The coaches have proved to a certain extent that they can make adjustments and make this a real NFL team. This is really easy to get fans into it.
                        Last edited by trapezeus; 12-22-2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

Bills fans are just fair weather. We think we're so great but we can't be bothered to show up for games when the team is playing better. Pathetic.

PTR
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WeAreArthurMoates
                            1600k?! How are we supposed to sell 1.6 million tickets??

Just kidding, but I thoight 1600 tickets left would be a sellout. Isn't it like 80% of total seats considered a sellout or something?

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho
                              1600k?! How are we supposed to sell 1.6 million tickets??

Just kidding, but I thoight 1600 tickets left would be a sellout. Isn't it like 80% of total seats considered a sellout or something?
                              Hahahahha, touche. Ya that's what the ticket exchange says, a guy over at at BB.com says 5000 as of sunday. So that makes more sense but if your right about the coverage (which I'm most certain you are) that means we only need to sell 1500 tickets. Seeing how they are giving them away with jerseys purchases and other deals, I have a feeling someone will buy the rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X