PDA

View Full Version : Tatonka posted something like this on the Phin site.

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 01:10 AM
I thought it would only be fair to see how you guys would feel about it..

If Jim Kelly in his last year was to go to another team to win a Super Bowl, would you guys root for him.

DIHARD2
06-19-2003, 02:36 AM
As long as he didn't have to beat us to get it.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

don137
06-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Many Patriot fans said they would root for Bledsoe as long as it didn't effect them.
Tatonka, must of posed the question if Ray Lucas went to the Super Bowl this year would the fin fans root for him. We all know how Lucas has warmed fin fans hearts.

Pride
06-19-2003, 07:08 AM
Root for him, yes... for his team, No!

It would be very bitter-sweet though, and I think he would have lost much of his respect here in Buffalo. People really bond with him because of the fact he led us there, but never won it all. He has to feel like the rest of us in that regard.

Tatonka
06-19-2003, 11:38 AM
yeah.. i would root for him in a heartbeat.. unless he went for a team in the afc east.. then he immediately becomes the enemy, just like thurman.

Ebenezer
06-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Depends on how he left...if he forced the teams hand (like Hasek) then no...however, if the Bills had to cut him for injury or salary reasons, and he did not sign with an AFC East team, then yes in a heartbeat.

TigerJ
06-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Ditto Eb's thoughts. If he had left trashing Buffalo and its fans, I wouldn't have warm thoughts about Jim Kelly and a Super Bowl ring. If the team and Kelly parted ways amicably and Buffalo was not in contention, yeah, I'd root for him.

Demon
06-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
yeah.. i would root for him in a heartbeat.. unless he went for a team in the afc east.. then he immediately becomes the enemy, just like thurman.

Amen.

I don't watch teams because of 1 player. Jim Kelly winning the super bowl in Miami would only cause me trouple later when the Fish fans keep braging about the Super Bowl victory and i should be happy just because Kelly quit on Buffalo and went to celebrate in South Florida??

If he went to another team, in the NFC or outside the AFC East, then YES i would root for him ONCE the Bills around out of the playoffs. I don't care if Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly all sign with Minnesota, if they play Buffalo in the super bowl i wouldn't mind if Spikes injured Kelly out of the game.

That said, i love Kelly more then anybody and thank god he had anough balls and pride not to quit and leave the Bills for more money then **Cough Cough** Thomas **Cough Cough** Smith ** Cough Cough**

Ebenezer
06-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Demon
That said, i love Kelly more then anybody and thank god he had anough balls and pride not to quit and leave the Bills for more money then **Cough Cough** Thomas **Cough Cough** Smith ** Cough Cough**

Smith, Reed and Thomas did not leave for more money...they were Salary Cap Casulties who were CUT by the Bills...the Bills got rid of them...should they quit just because the team no longer wanted their services??? That's not fair. The fact that TT went to Miami sucks but I don't begrudge them wanting to play.

justasportsfan
06-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Welcome on board MDfinfan. Go easy on him guys. He's a finfan but he's no where as close as being biased as Westoast! Ahh, what the hell, he's a finfan. Go for it. :psyche: :shelby:

:squish:

:D

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by don137
Many Patriot fans said they would root for Bledsoe as long as it didn't effect them.
Tatonka, must of posed the question if Ray Lucas went to the Super Bowl this year would the fin fans root for him. We all know how Lucas has warmed fin fans hearts.

No, he posed the question of D. Marino doing it, which made it a very tough question..Looking at most of your answers, they mirror the phins fans thinking..

If Lucas were the question, the phin fans probably would have been laughing..But if he did make it, some fans would have rooted for him since he was a very nice and giving guy..Clements definetly know of his giving..:madshake:

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Welcome on board MDfinfan. Go easy one him guys. He's a finfan but he's no where as close as being biased as Westoast! Ahh, what the hell, he's a finfan. Go for it. :psyche: :shelby:

Justasportsfan, you don't want to tell them that, you haven't seen me when I'm mad, you wouldn't like me mad..:lol:

Ebenezer
06-19-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

No, he posed the question of D. Marino doing it, which made it a very tough question..Looking at most of your answers, they mirror the phins fans thinking..

If Lucas were the question, the phin fans probably would have been laughing..But if he did make it, some fans would have rooted for him since he was a very nice and giving guy..Clements definetly know of his giving..:madshake:

I still say the Bills should have hired Lucas to throw practice balls to the DBs.

justasportsfan
06-19-2003, 12:19 PM

Justasportsfan, you don't want to tell them that, you haven't seen me when I'm mad, you wouldn't like me mad..:lol:

:wail: <---- when he get's mad :snicker:

hey check out the twighlight zone. that's where everyone is at when there's no news.

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

I still say the Bills should have hired Lucas to throw practice balls to the DBs.

your FO probably thought he threw his arm out last year with all the practice he had with your DB's

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 12:22 PM

:wail: &lt;---- when he get's mad :snicker:

hey check out the twighlight zone. that's where everyone is at when there's no news.

You really know how to bring out the best in me..:pimp:

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 12:25 PM
Man this site is pissing me off, it won't accept my Avatar..The one I use on the phin site..keeps saying it's too big, no matter how much I change it..I feel naked with all you BFans and no avatar, I've got to find another one for this site..and since I can't use my normal one..you guys will just have to feel my full wrath...

justasportsfan
06-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Man this site is pissing me off, it won't accept my Avatar..The one I use on the phin site..keeps saying it's too big, no matter how much I change it..I feel naked with all you BFans and no avatar, I've got to find another one for this site..and since I can't use my normal one..you guys will just have to feel my full wrath...

Maybe if you cropped (sp?) out Fiedler's ears your avatar will go down from 2 MEGAbytes to 3000 bytes.

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 01:05 PM

Maybe if you cropped (sp?) out Fiedler's ears your avatar will go down from 2 MEGAbytes to 3000 bytes.

Good one Justa, but Jay's smug is not my avatar..One good thing about Jay's ear, he hears DL coming after him and he get's away, Maybe Drew should start trying to Grow Some..:church:

Cntrygal
06-19-2003, 01:08 PM

your FO probably thought he threw his arm out last year with all the practice he had with your DB's

:lol:

Welcome to the zone!

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

:lol:

Welcome to the zone!

Thanks, I'm having fun already...

robeezy
06-19-2003, 02:59 PM
I would root for JK wherever he went. Oh and Ray Lucas, win a SB? Yeah right!

WG
06-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Smith, Reed and Thomas did not leave for more money...they were Salary Cap Casulties who were CUT by the Bills...the Bills got rid of them...should they quit just because the team no longer wanted their services??? That's not fair. The fact that TT went to Miami sucks but I don't begrudge them wanting to play.

Not exactly true EB. On paper perhaps, but all three of them wanted more than they were supposed to be getting. Reed had such an inflated opinion of his play that he wouldn't accept near $2M for that year. I mean come on, he wasn't exactly being reasonable! In fact, he was worth what he got, vet min from Washington. The Bills offer was way more than fair and Reed's demands were inordinate.

Smith and Thurman the same thing. IMO they all wanted pay for past seasons and their contributions to the team during the "glory years." But that's simply not the way that the game works.

Both Thurman and Smith wanted way more than what was reasonable as well. Thurman was finished as the primary ball carrier yet he wanted top RB money. Smith wanted, and got from Washington in the Skins' 'no player is too expensive' methodology, top bucks for a DE. He too was entering his downside and didn't play to the level of his pay IMO.

The reason why the Skins paid Smith so much was b/c of Snyder and b/c Bruce was a VA Tech alum.

Good one Justa, but Jay's smug is not my avatar..One good thing about Jay's ear, he hears DL coming after him and he get's away, Maybe Drew should start trying to Grow Some..:church:

It wouldn't matter if Drew did hear someone coming. What's he gonna do, call a cab! He doesn't get rid of the ball much better than RJ did at critical times and he surely can't move any better than the least mobile QBs in the league.

Ears wouldn't matter...

WG
06-19-2003, 03:24 PM
I root for the team as T said. If one of our players, like Reed, goes elsewhere, then I don't care what happens to him. Sounds harsh perhaps, but hey, I'm a Bills fan, not a fan of particular players. If they play for the Bills, then they are "the enemy." Nor do I care how well they do.

With players like Jimbo and others who get cut, I certainly wouldn't wish them ill and I'd wish them well, but them getting a SB ring wouldn't do much for me other than to be happy for them, which I would be I suppose. Especially players like Kelly who contributed so much for so long.

Those players aren't likely to be on one team anymore these days, so that circumstance isn't very likely to come up often, even if we do well.

As well, to me, no player is bigger than the team no matter how well he plays. In the case of Bledsoe, everyone overlooks his shortcomings simply due to personal likes and therefore no one considers, or few do, his shortcomings which hurt the team. Him in particular.

Obviously individual players make up the team, but there has to be a balance between perception and reality and how much a player is getting paid for what he contributes.

Right now Drew is bigger than the Bills. That's one of my big issues w/ him.

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 05:05 PM
It wouldn't matter if Drew did hear someone coming. What's he gonna do, call a cab! He doesn't get rid of the ball much better than RJ did at critical times and he surely can't move any better than the least mobile QBs in the league.

Ears wouldn't matter...

Good point, I thought he might be able to throw it away faster, instead being caught with it in his hands so much..he does have a quick release when he's ready to throw.

Tatonka
06-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Right now Drew is bigger than the Bills. That's one of my big issues w/ him.

that should not be your issue with HIM.. it is not his fault... fans put him there.

hey
06-19-2003, 07:45 PM
i would definately root for jim if he went to another team lets say the phins and won the superbowl.it would be even better if he beat the bills in the afc champ game.

MDFINFAN
06-19-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

that should not be your issue with HIM.. it is not his fault... fans put him there.

Now Tonka, you know better than anyone how Fans hold their team and players up to god like status..:confused2

SABURZFAN
06-19-2003, 11:39 PM

:wail: &lt;---- when he get's mad :snicker:

:lolcry:

justasportsfan
06-20-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Ears wouldn't matter...

:scratch:

I make fun of Fiedler to a finfan and wys' blasts our qb. The closet finfan is starting to come out?

MDFINFAN
06-20-2003, 10:50 AM

:scratch:

I make fun of Fiedler to a finfan and wys' blasts our qb. The closet finfan is starting to come out?

Closet Finfan? Huh,,No I'm a Phinfan through and through.He wasn't blasting your QB..he was stating fact..That's a true fan and not justa(smile) homer..Just like we're resigning Orande Gadsen, and I'm not a happy camper about it..I wanted more speed, and our young receivers offer that, OG,,oh well, I've said enough on our board about the subject.

justasportsfan
06-20-2003, 01:40 PM
What makes you think a was calling you a closet finfan. I meant wys'. :D

Gadsen? All I have to do is step on his toe or give him a high five and end his career. :snicker:

MDFINFAN
06-20-2003, 03:29 PM
What makes you think a was calling you a closet finfan. I meant wys'. :D

Gadsen? All I have to do is step on his toe or give him a high five and end his career. :snicker:

Missed the closet thing..agree on the Gadsen thing..It's official, he's signed..My Day has just gone bad..:boozer: