PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'm going to the game on Sunday

RockStar36
12-23-2010, 11:05 AM
The Bills tweeted a trivia question yesterday for Fan Vision Sports and apparently I won 2 free tickets and use of Fan Vision for the day.

Now I have to convince myself to drive up to Buffalo the day after Xmas and freeze my ass off.

Bone
12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I mean if you don't wanna go well I'll buy them

Beebe's Kid
12-23-2010, 11:13 AM
The Bills tweeted a trivia question yesterday for Fan Vision Sports and apparently I won 2 free tickets and use of Fan Vision for the day.

Now I have to convince myself to drive up to Buffalo the day after Xmas and freeze my ass off.

Just stock up on the hand heaters that hunters use...if you go to Wal-Mart, they have ones for the top of your feet, they have insoles, they have ones that stick to you, they have big ones, small ones.

You may have already been aware, but I have gone without them, and now, I wouldn't think about it.

Not like you probably need a lot of convincing, but what if... you want to be there.

The last buffalo fan
12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
PLEASE do it, man!!! :pray: :gobills:

HAMMER
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
I use those heaters for cold games and they are money, especially the ones you slide into your boots under your toes.

RockStar36
12-23-2010, 11:50 AM
I'll definitely look into those. I've been to quite a few late season games so the cold isn't a real issue, just the whole Xmas weekend plans and now this, but I can't pass up free tickets. I'm just shocked I actually won something for once.

trapezeus
12-23-2010, 11:52 AM
i think lawesome was looking for free ones if you are giving them away:-)

Figster
12-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I'll definitely look into those. I've been to quite a few late season games so the cold isn't a real issue, just the whole Xmas weekend plans and now this, but I can't pass up free tickets. I'm just shocked I actually won something for once.

That's awesome RockStar36, Kinda like a Christmas gift from the football Gods, :bow:

and it might turn out to be one of the best games of the season,

The last buffalo fan
12-23-2010, 05:27 PM
That's awesome RockStar36, Kinda like a Christmas gift from the football Gods, :bow:

and it might turn out to be one of the best games of the season,

As TO is gone now, I'll have ready my beer! :beers:

Extremebillsfan247
12-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Now I have to convince myself to drive up to Buffalo the day after Xmas and freeze my ass off.Good for you. Go support the team. If the Bills end up winning, it gives you instant bragging rights because you took time out of your day to support them. Go Bills...

mikemac2001
12-23-2010, 07:10 PM
http://assets.beebuyer.com/product_images/0749/7084/11d644b67849e9d2a82d2f319d89339b_big.jpg

Wear this and only this

Michael82
12-23-2010, 10:36 PM
That's pretty sweet! That Fan Vision thing should be pretty cool too!

Cntrygal
12-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Just stock up on the hand heaters that hunters use...if you go to Wal-Mart, they have ones for the top of your feet, they have insoles, they have ones that stick to you, they have big ones, small ones.

You may have already been aware, but I have gone without them, and now, I wouldn't think about it.

Not like you probably need a lot of convincing, but what if... you want to be there.

I keep a stash of those in my ski bag. They are great!!!!!!

Hogwasher
12-25-2010, 09:23 PM
See you there, brother.

G Wolly
12-25-2010, 09:56 PM
I use those heaters for cold games and they are money, especially the ones you slide into your boots under your toes.

Went to the Steelers game this season.

It wasn't freezing or colder than usual. But I wore one of those tan-colored Carhart overalls. Those are the best cold-game piece of clothing.

That thing would keep you warm in the middle of a blizzard while getting ass ****ed by Frosty the Snowman's icicle during an avalanche.

BillsWin
12-25-2010, 11:29 PM
You'll have a good time. I have a weird feeling that this is going to be a good game. The last time I felt this way prior to a game this season we were about to play Baltimore and that was a fantastic game. A lot of fun to watch. I hope tomorrow is the same way, except with a BillsWin.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-25-2010, 11:34 PM
I to am going to the game...Ill be in section 220...anyone else sit there?

ServoBillieves
12-26-2010, 01:58 AM
(cue Best But commercial...)

CHRISTMAS MAGIC TIME IS HERE, TIME FOR ALL THE GIRLS AND BOYS TO CHEER!?!?

I never win contests, but when I finally did I probably feel as you do now. Enjoy those tickets, you'll get to witness what I did the last time I saw the Patsies at the Ralph: The Bills crushing the Patsies. LET'S GO BUFFALO!

I'll be with the love in ****tsburgh, so root twice as hard for me!!!

northernbillfan
12-26-2010, 05:52 AM
And yet another fan contemplating on whether or not to go...:rolleyes:

If I'm that close, I'm at the game regardless of weather.

G Wolly
12-26-2010, 07:34 AM
And yet another fan contemplating on whether or not to go...:rolleyes:

If I'm that close, I'm at the game regardless of weather.

So quit your *****in' and make the trip.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Could you throw a frozen snowball at Brady's vagina please
'

User Manuel
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I used Fanvision in Miami last week. It is worth it alone.

RockStar36
12-27-2010, 09:32 AM
The Fanvision was amazing to be honest. I got to keep the whole setup and it was free, so that made the trip totally worth it.

Also, the warmers in the boots and gloves were well worth the small cost and I'll be using those for cold games going forward.

And NBF, attend a few games before you feel like spouting off at the mouth.

hydro
12-27-2010, 09:42 AM
It is totally different when you are away from your favorite team. You feel like if you had the chance to make it to every event you would. Then you have the chance to make it to a bunch of them and the newness wears off. There are some games that I basically have to force myself to go seeing as I have already paid for the ticket.

Same situation for me is when I never got the Sabres or Indians games on TV. I was always pumped about the few that I saw and couldn't wait for the day that I had all of them on TV. But then I got MSG and STO (past two seasons) and got to watch all of the games. Generally I have the TV turned to the games but I never fully paid attention to them throughout the game like I thought I would.

RockStar36
12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
It is totally different when you are away from your favorite team. You feel like if you had the chance to make it to every event you would. Then you have the chance to make it to a bunch of them and the newness wears off. There are some games that I basically have to force myself to go seeing as I have already paid for the ticket.

Same situation for me is when I never got the Sabres or Indians games on TV. I was always pumped about the few that I saw and couldn't wait for the day that I had all of them on TV. But then I got MSG and STO (past two seasons) and got to watch all of the games. Generally I have the TV turned to the games but I never fully paid attention to them throughout the game like I thought I would.

Pretty much my thoughts too.

It was the day after Christmas, crazy cold, and a meaningless game. So yes, I had to talk myself into making the trip up. Combine that with the results and it makes sense.

Like I said though, picking up that Fanvision made the trip worth it (assuming it is functional at all future games).

Cleve
12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Nice gift that you got, RockStar. Fan Vision costs about $200 for the unit. Congrats.

northernbillfan
12-28-2010, 01:35 AM
And NBF, attend a few games before you feel like spouting off at the mouth.Bite me and go fornicate with a porcupine! Do you know I live 5500 miles away? I've been to several games at the Ralph and even go to the odd west coast game if I can afford it. If it didn't cost me well over $2000 for a weekend trip, I'd be there for ever game.

My first game was in 87 when it was 25F and howling winds. My friend said the blackout was lifted so we could just go to the bar to watch the game I was appalled that this was even a consideration.

Now STFU. I will spout off all I want.

G Wolly
12-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Bite me! I've been to several games at the Ralph and even go whenever the Bills get anywhere near Edmonton. So go **** yourself. If it didn't cost me $1000 to go, I'd be there for ever game.

A REAL Bills fan would move closer to the city and go to EVERY game EVER.

RockStar36
12-28-2010, 06:22 AM
My bad. I forgot that since I live within a 2 hour drive I should be at every game, regardless of cost and the current situation. I'll go turn my fan card in now. :sadwalk:

Novacane
12-28-2010, 07:41 AM
I'd like to know how far away from Buffalo you have to live to still be a fan if you do not attend every game. To me the most annoying part of this board is so many posters love to judge who is a better fan and what makes one a better fan. If you don't go to all the games you're not a fan. If you want them to lose to get a better pick you're not a fan. If you're critical of the team you're not a fan. If you don't do exactly as I do you're not a fan. blah blah blah.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 07:44 AM
I'd like to know how far away from Buffalo you have to live to still be a fan if you do not attend every game. To me the most annoying part of this board is so many posters love to judge who is a better fan and what makes one a better fan. If you don't go to all the games you're not a fan. If you want them to lose to get a better pick you're not a fan. If you're critical of the team you're not a fan. If you don't do exactly as I do you're not a fan. blah blah blah.

I live in Atlanta and I never attend any of the games. People can call me a non-fan all they want.

Ickybaluky
12-28-2010, 07:47 AM
I live in Atlanta and I never attend any of the games. People can call me a non-fan all they want.

Well... obviously you are not a "real" fan. In fact, you not being there may be the reason they are losing.

northernbillfan
12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
My bad. I forgot that since I live within a 2 hour drive I should be at every game, regardless of cost and the current situation. I'll go turn my fan card in now. :sadwalk:I didn't imply that at all. I was just pointing out that if I lived near the Ralph, 8 Sundays a year would be booked and planned, no matter how bad the team or weather is. But that's just my thoughts.

northernbillfan
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
I'd like to know how far away from Buffalo you have to live to still be a fan if you do not attend every game. To me the most annoying part of this board is so many posters love to judge who is a better fan and what makes one a better fan. If you don't go to all the games you're not a fan. If you want them to lose to get a better pick you're not a fan. If you're critical of the team you're not a fan. If you don't do exactly as I do you're not a fan. blah blah blah.I'm not judging, I was just pointing out that you folks are lucky to have the Bills relatively close to your backyard, yet chose not to go, especially when the tickets are given to you.

RockStar36
12-28-2010, 10:19 AM
I didn't imply that at all. I was just pointing out that if I lived near the Ralph, 8 Sundays a year would be booked and planned, no matter how bad the team or weather is. But that's just my thoughts.

It's easy to say that when you live so far away.

Of course I went, but yes I had to talk myself into it. As you can see by the results on the scoreboard, it wasn't an ideal game to attend. Having it on a holiday weekend did play a factor as well.

If you lived close to Buffalo you'd see my point. Driving to Buffalo to see the four win Bills take on the best team in the league in 9 degree weather isn't exactly ideal when I can be watching in my living room in HD.

northernbillfan
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
It's easy to say that when you live so far away.

Of course I went, but yes I had to talk myself into it. As you can see by the results on the scoreboard, it wasn't an ideal game to attend. Having it on a holiday weekend did play a factor as well.

If you lived close to Buffalo you'd see my point. Driving to Buffalo to see the four win Bills take on the best team in the league in 9 degree weather isn't exactly ideal when I can be watching in my living room in HD.Point taken.

DraftBoy
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Well... obviously you are not a "real" fan. In fact, you not being there may be the reason they are losing.

So what you're saying is that I should start rooting for the Pats?

HAMMER
12-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Well we do have "fans" on here that have season tickets but didn't want to go to the Steeler game because they didn't want to deal with Steeler fans. Now that is lame, they are NOT a fan.

Nighthawk
12-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Well we do have "fans" on here that have season tickets but didn't want to go to the Steeler game because they didn't want to deal with Steeler fans. Now that is lame, they are NOT a fan.

Yes, they are...

Novacane
12-28-2010, 12:07 PM

I disagree.

HAMMER
12-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Yes, they are...

No, they are not, anyone that is scared off by fans of another team at their home stadium is a mouse, not a man, and certainly not a fan.

Thief
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
When are the Bills going to support my fanship?

better days
12-28-2010, 01:57 PM

For years I had a season ticket at club level & my best friend had one next to me. Each year we would take the wives to two games. One game my wife got his ticket, another game his wife got my ticket.

The couple without the club seats got the best tickets they could to that game. Against the Steelers, while my buddy & his wife sat in our seats, my wife & I found ourselves surrounded by Steeler fans. We had a great time with them, I think they are great fans. I do not understand anyone not wanting to go to a game because of them.

Novacane
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
No, they are not, anyone that is scared off by fans of another team at their home stadium is a mouse, not a man, and certainly not a fan.

If someone cares enough to shell out money for season tickets they are a fan. This is exactly what I am talking about. To many want to argue who is a fan and who is not or who is a better fan. If you care about the Bills you are fans of the Bills.

Novacane
12-28-2010, 05:11 PM
The couple without the club seats got the best tickets they could to that game. Against the Steelers, while my buddy & his wife sat in our seats, my wife & I found ourselves surrounded by Steeler fans. We had a great time with them, I think they are great fans. I do not understand anyone not wanting to go to a game because of them.

It is a dumb reason not to go to the game but it does not make them not a Bills fan. I sold my Steelers game tickets because I did not want to freeze and thought the Bills were going to get killed. To some that makes me not a fan. They can kiss my ass. I know I am.

HAMMER
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
It is a dumb reason not to go to the game but it does not make them not a Bills fan. I sold my Steelers game tickets because I did not want to freeze and thought the Bills were going to get killed. To some that makes me not a fan. They can kiss my ass. I know I am.

Not even close to being a fan, not even close. Wussies like this allow OUR stadium to be 1/3 full of Steeler fans. You should be ashamed.

OpIv37
12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Not even close to being a fan, not even close. Wussies like this allow OUR stadium to be 1/3 full of Steeler fans. You should be ashamed.

Our stadium is 1/3 full of Steeler fans because their tickets sell out the day they go on sale to the general public whereas our games sell out last minute, if they sell out at all.

This is the problem with the whole concept of "fan." Someone doesn't want to pay ~$75 for a ticket plus $25 for parking plus $8 for each beer plus $4 for a hot dog to sit in a freezing cold stadium watching their team get annihilated while ******* fans of the other team cheer, and somehow not wanting to pay for that miserable experience makes them less of a fan?

That's insanity.

HAMMER
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Our stadium is 1/3 full of Steeler fans because their tickets sell out the day they go on sale to the general public whereas our games sell out last minute, if they sell out at all.

This is the problem with the whole concept of "fan." Someone doesn't want to pay ~$75 for a ticket plus $25 for parking plus $8 for each beer plus $4 for a hot dog to sit in a freezing cold stadium watching their team get annihilated while ******* fans of the other team cheer, and somehow not wanting to pay for that miserable experience makes them less of a fan?

That's insanity.

No annihalation, it ended up being one of the best games of the year in the NFL.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 08:40 AM
No annihalation, it ended up being one of the best games of the year in the NFL.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I also imagine with the way it ended that dealing with those fans would have been pure hell.

Pittsburgh fans are the worst.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2010, 10:07 AM
]Our stadium is 1/3 full of Steeler fans because their tickets sell out the day they go on sale to the general public whereas our games sell out last minute, if they sell out at all.
[/B]

That's insanity.

Their tickets sell out when their season tickets go up for renewal. They have PSL's on all of their seats, except the upped deck behind the endzone, and they are still season tickets, minus the PSL. This means there are not real "single game" tickets available. Well...there are some, but very, very few, which are gone within an hour.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
HDTV has a hand in this as well. I bet a lot of people now opt to stay home and watch games for a zillion reasons, but the biggest being HDTV.

Beebe's Kid
12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Hindsight is 20/20.

I also imagine with the way it ended that dealing with those fans would have been pure hell.

For the most part they kept their ****ing mouths shut. If we would have beat them, it would have been the best walk back to the car ever. There was a bunch of them, but there was a lot more of us.

Part of the problem with our fans is that we are constantly pitied. Whenever our team comes up, we hear how great the fans are, and how bad the team is. That may have been true for a while, but the fanbase is truly starting to decline. They are ****ing whiny, self-entitled, leave-early, pussies. They are embarrassing.

You don't have to go to every game. I choose to, but it is a lot of work, and if people don't like to do that...that's their prerogative. It is funny that those people that choose not to go, would ever piss and moan about blackouts. It is ironic to say how much easier it is to sit in your living room, instead of going...that is why there is a blackout rule, for the next time you say "I don't understand..."

To say somebody is or isn't a fan, isn't really anybody else's call. There are types of fans that I don't care to talk to. My job puts me in contact with a large number of Bills fans, and there are many I don't even talk about them with, and there isn't a whole lot I like more than talking Bills. I don't want to hear somebody cry, and talk about Ralph, and boo hoo hoo. That's just me. They might be a fan, and I wouldn't call them less....that doesn't meat they're not an *******.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
For the most part they kept their ****ing mouths shut. If we would have beat them, it would have been the best walk back to the car ever. There was a bunch of them, but there was a lot more of us.

Part of the problem with our fans is that we are constantly pitied. Whenever our team comes up, we hear how great the fans are, and how bad the team is. That may have been true for a while, but the fanbase is truly starting to decline. They are ****ing whiny, self-entitled, leave-early, pussies. They are embarrassing.

You don't have to go to every game. I choose to, but it is a lot of work, and if people don't like to do that...that's their prerogative. It is funny that those people that choose not to go, would ever piss and moan about blackouts. It is ironic to say how much easier it is to sit in your living room, instead of going...that is why there is a blackout rule, for the next time you say "I don't understand..."

To say somebody is or isn't a fan, isn't really anybody else's call. There are types of fans that I don't care to talk to. My job puts me in contact with a large number of Bills fans, and there are many I don't even talk about them with, and there isn't a whole lot I like more than talking Bills. I don't want to hear somebody cry, and talk about Ralph, and boo hoo hoo. That's just me. They might be a fan, and I wouldn't call them less....that doesn't meat they're not an *******.

I've had my fair share of encounters with Pats fans in the past and knowing my history with Steelers fans at home, I purposely didn't go to that game to avoid the inevitable trouble.

I'd go to every game if I had the means to do so, but I don't right now, so I go to 1-3 per year when I can. That being said, I don't think I'm less of a fan to say sometimes I'm happier staying home, enjoying much cheaper beer/food, and watching the games in HD in pure comfort. Another reason I even avoid going to the bars to watch when I can is I like to actually watch the game and see what's going on.

Cleve
12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
HDTV has a hand in this as well. I bet a lot of people now opt to stay home and watch games for a zillion reasons, but the biggest being HDTV.

Yes, Big screen HD coupled with high quality surround sound = viewing nirvana.

HAMMER
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Hindsight is 20/20.

Absolutely not, both before and after the game the Steeler fans were as/more respectful than any I have encountered. I have seen them here in San Diego at Qualcomm, and at RWS, never a problem. IMO the best fans in the NFL, they travel everywhere in droves to see their team, they are respectful, they put money into the local economy. Perhaps they are bad in Erie but that is understandable, Erie is a pit, I would be miserable too if I lived there.

RockStar36
12-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Absolutely not, both before and after the game the Steeler fans were as/more respectful than any I have encountered. I have seen them here in San Diego at Qualcomm, and at RWS, never a problem. IMO the best fans in the NFL, they travel everywhere in droves to see their team, they are respectful, they put money into the local economy. Perhaps they are bad in Erie but that is understandable, Erie is a pit, I would be miserable too if I lived there.

I don't think being around them for a few hours gives you a real idea of how they act. Live with them and then get back to me.