PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson Calls Fitz "Franchise."

Beebe's Kid
12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/23/stevie-calls-fitz-franchise/)

ddaryl
12-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I'd be singing Fitz praise to if I was his favorite target and having the best year of my career.

better days
12-23-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd be singing Fitz praise to if I was his favorite target and having the best year of my career.

No question Johnson is Fitz's favorite target, but Fitz does spread the ball around pretty well. If Fitz plays well against the Pats*, he will have my confidence as the QB going forward.

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Umm, what did you expect...for him to say they could do better at the QB position? Duh!!!

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
No question Johnson is Fitz's favorite target, but Fitz does spread the ball around pretty well. If Fitz plays well against the Pats*, he will have my confidence as the QB going forward.

I'd like to see him do it and actually win games. Plus, I'd like to see him do it again next year before saying he is the answer. Anybody who is just assuming he is the answer off of one year is fooling themselves. That's exactly what happened with Maybin...one good year and we draft him in the first round and now he is a bust. Too many people don't use logic when evaluating players...think before you just assume some guy is the answer. Especially when the player has never been more then mediocre before this year.

better days
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd like to see him do it and actually win games. Plus, I'd like to see him do it again next year before saying he is the answer. Anybody who is just assuming he is the answer off of one year is fooling themselves. That's exactly what happened with Maybin...one good year and we draft him in the first round and now he is a bust. Too many people don't use logic when evaluating players...think before you just assume some guy is the answer. Especially when the player has never been more then mediocre before this year.

Last year before the draft, there was talk that it was a good year for QB's but next year would be even better. Well Bradford looks like the only keeper from last years draft & the QB's in this years class may be no better. I see questions in all of them.

If Fitz stinks it up next year, they can draft a QB in the next draft. I am not saying to sign him to a huge contract, but Fitz is under contract for next year & I say let him play it out & see if he keeps improving.

mikemac2001
12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
i hate trent

HAMMER
12-23-2010, 06:44 PM
...here we go again.

Extremebillsfan247
12-23-2010, 06:48 PM
link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/12/23/stevie-calls-fitz-franchise/)Oh no, that' terrible news. :teary: does this mean we're not getting Luck? :roflmao:

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Last year before the draft, there was talk that it was a good year for QB's but next year would be even better. Well Bradford looks like the only keeper from last years draft & the QB's in this years class may be no better. I see questions in all of them.

If Fitz stinks it up next year, they can draft a QB in the next draft. I am not saying to sign him to a huge contract, but Fitz is under contract for next year & I say let him play it out & see if he keeps improving.

Agreed...but IMO, we need to draft a QB in this draft in case Fitz comes back to Earth. Either way, I see Fitz as the starter next year, but there is no way in hell I sign him to an extension. He needs to prove himself next year before even thinking about that.

better days
12-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Agreed...but IMO, we need to draft a QB in this draft in case Fitz comes back to Earth. Either way, I see Fitz as the starter next year, but there is no way in hell I sign him to an extension. He needs to prove himself next year before even thinking about that.

I think the question is what do Chan & Buddy think of Brohm & Brown? If they are ready to cut bait on one or both then I think they draft a QB, otherwise they wait & draft players that will help improve the team this coming year.

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 09:02 PM
I think the question is what do Chan & Buddy think of Brohm & Brown? If they are ready to cut bait on one or both then I think they draft a QB, otherwise they wait & draft players that will help improve the team this coming year.

You mean like they drafted all those wonderful, helpful players this past draft? Sorry, but you go after a QB this year that has potential...you cannot keep delaying it.

better days
12-23-2010, 09:11 PM
You mean like they drafted all those wonderful, helpful players this past draft? Sorry, but you go after a QB this year that has potential...you cannot keep delaying it.

What rnd are you talking about? They did draft a QB last year, how much potential he has, I don't know.

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 09:13 PM
What rnd are you talking about? They did draft a QB last year, how much potential he has, I don't know.

You're kidding, right? Drafting a QB in the 7th round is not drafting a QB to be your QB of the future...that's just not how it is done. They need to take one of the better QB's early in the draft in the first, second or maybe third. Anything after that is just taking a flyer...that's not what I see as addressing the position.

better days
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
You're kidding, right? Drafting a QB in the 7th round is not drafting a QB to be your QB of the future...that's just not how it is done. They need to take one of the better QB's early in the draft in the first, second or maybe third. Anything after that is just taking a flyer...that's not what I see as addressing the position.

What QB would you like to see them draft? Newton & Mallett are the only QB's that intrigue me & they both have serious question marks.

Nighthawk
12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
What QB would you like to see them draft? Newton & Mallett are the only QB's that intrigue me & they both have serious question marks.

I'd be OK with either, but Mallett scares me with his cement feet. Newton is growing on me and he is a hell of an athlete that would look good learning behind Fitz.

better days
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I'd be OK with either, but Mallett scares me with his cement feet. Newton is growing on me and he is a hell of an athlete that would look good learning behind Fitz.

Yeah if they do draft a QB, I would prefer Newton, but as I said there are questions about his character. If he interviews well, that will help his stock & he may go in the top 10.

Ingtar33
12-24-2010, 03:22 AM

If he beats the Pats, then gets the Jets in the last game of the season, i'll be on board Fitz's bandwagon.

right now his stats aren't convincing me he's the answer.

YardRat
12-24-2010, 06:44 AM
If he beats the Pats, then gets the Jets in the last game of the season, i'll be on board Fitz's bandwagon.

right now his stats aren't convincing me he's the answer.

Posters around here will be lining up to have his babies if he pulls that off.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-24-2010, 06:59 AM
if fitzpatrick beats the pats this sunday and plays well, and i was gm, im signing him to a ****ing 7 year 50 mil contract!

Cleve
12-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Wasn't Lee Evans singing the praises of J.P. Lose-man a few years ago? And we all know how that worked out.

Fitzpatrick is better than Losman, but I'm still unconvinced he's a franchise-caliber quarterback. He's a good backup quarterback, like Frank Reich, but not a good starter.

Nighthawk
12-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Wasn't Lee Evans singing the praises of J.P. Lose-man a few years ago? And we all know how that worked out.

Fitzpatrick is better than Losman, but I'm still unconvinced he's a franchise-caliber quarterback. He's a good backup quarterback, like Frank Reich, but not a good starter.

Exactly...this is what friends do and I'm sure they're close friends, so I would expect nothing less from Stevie.

Nighthawk
12-24-2010, 09:07 AM
if fitzpatrick beats the pats this sunday and plays well, and i was gm, im signing him to a ****ing 7 year 50 mil contract!

Thus the reason everybody is glad that you're not the GM, Mitchell.

mayotm
12-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Thus the reason everybody is glad that you're not the GM, Mitchell.Everybody is equally glad that you're not either.

Nighthawk
12-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Everybody is equally glad that you're not either.

Nah, only the ones that don't want a winning team.

better days
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM

Well everyone has to admit Fitz is putting up starter like numbers, especially TD's. I think the only question is if can he keep it up. If he plays well against the Pats* (again) I think a lot of questions will be answered.

mayotm
12-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Nah, only the ones that don't want a winning team.Makes sense. Anybody that doesn't share your opinion doesn't want the Bills to build a winning team.

Nighthawk
12-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Makes sense. Anybody that doesn't share your opinion doesn't want the Bills to build a winning team.

Nope, it's not just my opinion...most of the people I feel have a grasp on football reality on this board have the same opinion.

mayotm
12-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Nope, it's not just my opinion...most of the people I feel have a grasp on football reality on this board have the same opinion.Ah yes, the enlightened versus the clueless. I'm glad you're such an authority that you get to decide whose opinions are valid.

Ron C.
12-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I like Fitz. He has the stones and arm to throw the ball into traffic. Is he the long term answer? We shall see. I would prefer to bolster the LB corps in the draft and see what our Harvard guy can do next year.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I like Fitz. He has the stones and arm to throw the ball into traffic. Is he the long term answer? We shall see. I would prefer to bolster the LB corps in the draft and see what our Harvard guy can do next year.

draft some thug beast mo fos at lb and dline and get a rt. i guarantee we win 9 games...

dasaybz
12-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Exactly...this is what friends do and I'm sure they're close friends, so I would expect nothing less from Stevie.

When did Losman ever throw 20 TD passes?

G Wolly
12-25-2010, 11:00 PM
When did Losman ever throw 20 TD passes?

He threw 19 in 2006 starting all 16 games.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 04:11 AM
He threw 19 in 2006 starting all 16 games.

what was his 3rd down passer rating and 3rd down conversion rate? those 2 stats tell a lot about a qb, plus you need a 2-1 td to int ratio.

YardRat
12-26-2010, 06:57 AM
plus you need a 2-1 td to int ratio.

Jim Kelly had a 2-1 td to int ratio (or better) exactly one season. Fitz has the same attitude as Kelly, and with that you almost have to accept a higher chance of turning the ball over.