PDA

View Full Version : SEC Draft this year

tampabay25690
12-25-2010, 05:27 PM
I know through the year we all talk about the SEC compared to the Big Ten, Big 12, and PAC Ten.....

Do you guys realize if you look at any mock draft that 10-15 players will be drafted from the SEC in the 1st round alone??????

That just shows you how strong this conference is.......
Hands down the SEC is still the best conference in College Ball.......

I will say the by far #1 pick is from the PAC-Ten in ANDREW LUCK......This guy should be special like a Peyton Manning for years and years to come. Carolina will be very happy when they draft him...........

SaviorEdwards
12-25-2010, 07:02 PM
I dont think anything can top what the Big 12 did last year, that was nothing short of miraculous. Or what Miami did in 2002.

psubills62
12-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm sure the SEC will have great representation this year, but I don't think it proves anything about how good the conference is. We all know that Georgia really isn't that good (isn't that what k-oneputt was arguing in the Boise thread?), but Green is one of the best prospects in the draft, if not THE best. Guys like Dareus will be chosen based on NFL readiness and possible potential, not necessarily on what they've done so far.

Sorry, TB, but this argument that you're trying to make doesn't really hold much water, imo.

k-oneputt
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh really, the SEC West is by far the best division in college football ?
Please it's Christmas no stupid talk.
And Dareus hasn't done anything so far ?????
And yes even a down Georgia playing Boise's pitiful schedule would probably win the WAC.

SaviorEdwards
12-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Oh really, the SEC West is by far the best division in college football ?
Please it's Christmas no stupid talk.
And Dareus hasn't done anything so far ?????
And yes even a down Georgia playing Boise's pitiful schedule would probably win the WAC.

I think a down Vanderbilt would dominate the WAC....Boise Fake sucks :D:

k-oneputt
12-26-2010, 07:57 AM
I think a down Vanderbilt would dominate the WAC....Boise Fake sucks :D:

Vandy would hold their own. Totally different type of player then they see week in and week out playing in the SEC.

Hawaii. LOL. Got smashed on their home field. And that's one of the SUPPOSED good teams in the WAC.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm sure the SEC will have great representation this year, but I don't think it proves anything about how good the conference is. We all know that Georgia really isn't that good (isn't that what k-oneputt was arguing in the Boise thread?), but Green is one of the best prospects in the draft, if not THE best. Guys like Dareus will be chosen based on NFL readiness and possible potential, not necessarily on what they've done so far.

Sorry, TB, but this argument that you're trying to make doesn't really hold much water, imo.

No argument at all just stating the facts of a conference that is producing NFL caliber talent...
Big Ten will also represent some in the 1st round and deep into the draft.
No picking on 1 conference over the other. It's proven that the SEC over the past 6 years has been dominant pretty much.....And we should see another National Championship this year....

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Vandy would hold their own. Totally different type of player then they see week in and week out playing in the SEC.

Hawaii. LOL. Got smashed on their home field. And that's one of the SUPPOSED good teams in the WAC.

Hawaii is a joke and always has been....
Yes Georgia and Tenn are having off years (SO WHAT).....
Georgia in the next 2 years will probably be tending in the top 20 again. They did start a Freshmen QB this year. The big problem is that some teams are SO NFL rich with talent that they lose guys year after year. Look at FL last year and what some of them as rookies are doing in the NFL.
No excuse becasue teams in the SOUTH tend to recruit the top talent as well....

psubills62
12-26-2010, 10:47 AM
No argument at all just stating the facts of a conference that is producing NFL caliber talent...
Big Ten will also represent some in the 1st round and deep into the draft.
No picking on 1 conference over the other. It's proven that the SEC over the past 6 years has been dominant pretty much.....And we should see another National Championship this year....

I don't believe it's as proven as you think it has been, but it's not worth arguing it for a 10th time. The SEC will do very well in the NFL draft this year. Very possible the Bills will end up with an SEC player in the first round (although if they stay at 6 or even win one more, they may choose a Big Ten guy like Heyward).

Buffalo Thriller
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
SEC all day, any day.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't believe it's as proven as you think it has been, but it's not worth arguing it for a 10th time. The SEC will do very well in the NFL draft this year. Very possible the Bills will end up with an SEC player in the first round (although if they stay at 6 or even win one more, they may choose a Big Ten guy like Heyward).
Dont want to argue at all....
Just looking at the draft and the amt of SEC guys is all I was stating.
Heyward will be around later in the 1st round anyway.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 01:13 PM

By the way Im looking forward to the Outback Bowl Penn St vs Florida...
If u wanna come down u can sit with all my Gator friends......:awm:

psubills62
12-26-2010, 01:33 PM
By the way Im looking forward to the Outback Bowl Penn St vs Florida...
If u wanna come down u can sit with all my Gator friends......:awm:

I'd love to, and I hope to attend some bowl games whenever I get a real job haha. Enjoy yourself, should be a really special experience. I'm really looking forward to that game too. Been way too long without college football.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd love to, and I hope to attend some bowl games whenever I get a real job haha. Enjoy yourself, should be a really special experience. I'm really looking forward to that game too. Been way too long without college football.
Go to the Outback Bowl every year Corporate passes....
It is a very cool experience, the teams arrive today and enjoy the city and the area for the week....
Should be a good game...