Donte Whitner
George Wilson
Ashton Youboty
Mansfield Wrotto
John McCargo
Quinton Ganther.

Luisito23
12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Keep Poz, Wilson, and Florence for mostly only depth.

Night Train
12-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Anybody gotta gameplan?

Paul Posluszny
Akin Ayodele
Shawne Merriman
Keith Ellison
Drayton Florence
Donte Whitner
George Wilson
Ashton Youboty
Mansfield Wrotto
John McCargo
Quinton Ganther.

Whitner and Florence might be scooped up by other teams with high offers. I bet Wilson will sign here. I would NOT go overboard with the brittle Poz. Wrotto looks like someone to keep.

The rest can leave.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Not sweating any name on that list.

YardRat
12-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Paul Posluszny-Don't think the POS will look to break the bank, and unfortunately for us he's still our best ILB. Re-sign.

Akin Ayodele-minimum tender, bring to camp. If he bolts, no biggie.

Shawne Merriman-he'll walk and I'm OK with that.

Keith Ellison-Time to cut ties as the transition progresses.

Drayton Florence-Re-sign, but we need an upgrade at CB badly.

Donte Whitner-Re-sign, but not for the $$ he's looking for. Kelsay-type money OK but no more.

George Wilson-Re-sign. Quality depth, and could start if necessary.

Ashton Youboty-Replace with rookie/young FA.

Mansfield Wrotto-Re-sign. We need tackles, and at least is depth.

John McCargo-Buh-bye.

Quinton Ganther-Minimum tender, bring to camp. Surprised if he makes the roster though.

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 09:31 AM
According to the Buffalo News
However, negotiating with Posluszny during this season hasn't been a realistic option for the Bills. Since the NFL is operating in an uncapped year, league rules stipulate that a contract cannot have an annual salary increase of more than 30 percent, excluding amounts treated as a signing bonus.http://www.buffalonews.com/incoming/article293744.ece

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Paul Posluszny-Don't think the POS will look to break the bank, and unfortunately for us he's still our best ILB. Re-sign.

Akin Ayodele-minimum tender, bring to camp. If he bolts, no biggie.

Shawne Merriman-he'll walk and I'm OK with that.

Keith Ellison-Time to cut ties as the transition progresses.

Drayton Florence-Re-sign, but we need an upgrade at CB badly.

Donte Whitner-Re-sign, but not for the $$ he's looking for. Kelsay-type money OK but no more.

George Wilson-Re-sign. Quality depth, and could start if necessary.

Ashton Youboty-Replace with rookie/young FA.

Mansfield Wrotto-Re-sign. We need tackles, and at least is depth.

John McCargo-Buh-bye.

Quinton Ganther-Minimum tender, bring to camp. Surprised if he makes the roster though.I think tenders will be off the board for these 11. According to the article I just referenced, the requirement to be an unrestricted free agent is likely to be 4 years rather than the 6 from this uncapped year.

tampabay25690
12-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Anybody gotta gameplan?

Paul Posluszny
Akin Ayodele
Shawne Merriman
Keith Ellison
Drayton Florence
Donte Whitner
George Wilson
Ashton Youboty
Mansfield Wrotto
John McCargo
Quinton Ganther.

POZ
Florence
Wilson
Whitner
Wrotto
I would try to get these guys signed.
There is another guy I would like the Bills to go after if we are sticking with the 3-4 Barett Ruud from Tampa. I think the Bucs will let him walk away and seeing him and POZ in teh middle would be a very nice start for the middle of this team....

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I'd like to find a way to keep most of these guys... We have enough holes to fill... We'll need starters and quality back-ups.

My list in order of preference...

Paul Posluszny - LB is by far our biggest need - Poz is not part of the problem - Tag him if necessary.

Drayton Florence - Secondary could become a huge issue as well - McGee is uncertain - McKelvin hasn't grown - We may loose half of our safeties.

Donte Whitner - He's 3rd on my list for <$6M - He drops to the bottom for >$6M.

George Wilson - Give this man a reasonable contract.

Mansfield Wrotto - After Bell, he's currently the best we have at T. At the very least we want him as back-up

Akin Ayodele, Shawne Merriman, Keith Ellison - Given the state of this position, outside of POZ and Moats we have nothing - We probably need to keep 1 of these 3... Probably Ayodele. I'd look for Merriman too if the Bills see a decent chance he's got anything left.

Ashton Youboty - Even given our potential shoertcomings at this position, he's easily replacable.

Quinton Ganther - Isn't he the hometown kid? I'd throw him a bone for that alone.

John McCargo - Time to die.

BillsFever21
12-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I think we should give McCargo close to the money Haynesworth got. He's been a monster for us. He makes big plays every week.

BillsFever21
12-26-2010, 10:02 AM
In all seriousness, I could handle keeping Poz, Wilson, Whitner, Florence. Then maybe Wrotto for a minimum contract for experienced depth. Florence will probably bolt for more money we will offer though. It would be nice to keep him for a couple years because we don't have much after him. McGee is on his last legs and McKelvin has been a bust. Whitner will probably want more money then he is worth and I could see leaving.

Poz it's hard to say right now. Wilson we should be able to keep. We will need to draft ANOTHER CB or maybe two. Will probably be a higher drafted one since McKelvin hasn't worked out. It seems like we're always spending high draft picks on CB's and RB's. The RB's end up being busts and our CB's bolt after their contract is up, or in McKelvin's case was a bust. It seems like we can't find mid-round CB gems. We never try with RB. We just always draft one in the Top 10 or so and then trade them a few years later. No wonder our team is horrible.

better days
12-26-2010, 10:42 AM
The Seahawks have 30 free agents so the Bills list doesn't look too bad to me.

psubills62
12-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Paul Posluszny
Drayton Florence
George Wilson

Re-sign these guys, and possibly Youboty (has he even played much this year?). Replace the rest with either draft picks, better players in FA or even UDFA's (if there's a CBA).

YardRat
12-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Quinton Ganther - Isn't he the hometown kid? I'd throw him a bone for that alone.

Jehuu Caulcrick is the 'hometown kid'.

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Jehuu Caulcrick is the 'hometown kid'.Thanks YR... I guess Quinton Ganther gets moved to the time to die list.

NOT THE DUDE...
12-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Anybody gotta gameplan?

Paul Posluszny
Akin Ayodele
Shawne Merriman
Keith Ellison
Drayton Florence
Donte Whitner
George Wilson
Ashton Youboty
Mansfield Wrotto
John McCargo
Quinton Ganther.

keep
poz, whitner, wilson, youboty, wrotto.

djjimkelly
12-26-2010, 12:28 PM
poz needs to be resigned hes and average to above average with a shady d line in front of him i would love to see what he could do with good d line in front of him

dannyek71
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Poz cannot cover anyone to save his life and we have among the worst run defenses in the league.

Let him walk for anything over 3 mill.year.

Ingtar33
12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Anybody gotta gameplan?

Paul Posluszny
Akin Ayodele
Shawne Merriman
Keith Ellison
Drayton Florence
Donte Whitner
George Wilson
Ashton Youboty
Mansfield Wrotto
John McCargo
Quinton Ganther.

you need to resign those 3 if you don't want to take a step backwards.

Whitner and Youboty can be resigned... but i don't see us getting worse without them.

OpIv37
12-26-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd keep Florence, and Wilson for depth. The rest can walk. I wouldn't mind keeping Poz as a back up, but if we keep him he will remain the starter.

Mad Max
12-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd keep Florence, and Wilson for depth. The rest can walk. I wouldn't mind keeping Poz as a back up, but if we keep him he will remain the starter.

He's a high motor upstanding bills drafted white guy...

Ralph will annoint him monetarily and titularly